Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:35 PM   #21
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

No trust me meryl, he's talking about X, he's never seen tokyo babalon, and doubt he ever will, unless i buy it, but i won't, dodn't like it, so probally wont get it. Seemed dull to me.
Yeah, but SSSnake said "Speaking of X, where can I find the intro to the series?" And the intro is Tokyo Babylon...unless he meant to say "Where can I find the first episode to X?"

Quote:
And just to be sure, we are talking about the tokyo babalon with suberu, the guy who is a seer and helps solve murder cases and sh*t right? If i'm wrong, i'd like to know what you guys are talking about, because i love X, but really found tokyo babalon a bore and a half.
Yes, that's the one. It's really quite good, IMO. Many people don't know it's the prequel, but luckily I saw it first, then X the Movie. It's not so bad, but I guess it would be dull to some, since the action is only average.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:37 PM   #22
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Lol sorry i didn't specify at all.I meant the intro theme to the series "X".I looked on Kazaa and imesh and i got nothing

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #23
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake

Lol sorry i didn't specify at all.I meant the intro theme to the series "X".I looked on Kazaa and imesh and i got nothing
Ohhh... Well in that case, I'm afraid I don't know. I believe they came out with a soundtrack to the series, but it's Japan only. I have to go and check....

EDIT: SSSnake, the opening theme is called "EX DREAM". Maybe you can find it using the name?

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 08:25 PM   #24
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Ok sweet meryl.Oh more help.Do you know of any fan sites of the series with summary's and a lot of pics?

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM   #25
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Hmm...I actually haven't looked up any info on X the TV since I haven't seen it yet. But, I think if you go here Anipike and go to the X and find the series, you might come across many sites. If that doesn't work, I can also help look for some nice sites, just give me notice and I'll go on a search.

You Can Help

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 01:34 AM   #26
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Hmm...I actually haven't looked up any info on X the TV since I haven't seen it yet. But, I think if you go here Anipike and go to the X and find the series, you might come across many sites. If that doesn't work, I can also help look for some nice sites, just give me notice and I'll go on a search.
Yeah i looked around a lot on there.Found a lot of interesting things about the series.Sadly all they have is pics of the old one and the new redone one me and CC are watching.
Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #27
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Hmm...I thought Anipike would have some sites that has the more newer pics than X/1999 and the Movie. Well, since X TV is pretty hard to find image galleries (harder than I thought ) I was only able to find these few:

X Gallery - Delusions of Grandeur I realize this image gallery bites and there's not much stuff on here...but maybe over the course of the next few months, the person will update with more pics and info.

X TV Series NOTE: This site is the best when it comes to new animes and all. They have lots of X TV images. The downside? You have to pay for them. You have to become a member by registering and paying with a credit card. They charge $4 for 30 days, but if you're willing, they have image galleries and sound/song clips.

X Official Site In Japanese only, it's CLAMP's official X site. If you find a translater tool, you can translate it but the result will be odd-sounding and all, because Japanese and English have different ways of saying things. But, you can give this site a look.

Well, I hope this helps.

Okay, so someone help me out: Tokyo Babylon is the prequel to X the Movie or is it not? After looking through some sites, I don't think I'm so sure anymore.
Or, is X the TV the prequel to X the Movie? I know there's an OVA which is episode 0 of the TV Series....ahh....

You Can Help

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 04:55 PM   #28
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Yeah meryl, those will help a lot. I've been to the japanese site before, it's helpfull, but hard to navigate trhough, considering the fact that it's all in japanese.

Amd abou ther movie, i just bought it the other day, and it's just a huge summary of the series. It's really good, but it's downfall was to try to put too much stuff into one 110 minute movie. The animation is good, and the fights are okay, but not long enough at all. The acting could be better, and it's quite dissapointing with how they had to kill the character development by trying to get way too muh stuff in at once. So i find it more of the "cliff notes" of the series.

but over all, X is definatly one of the coolest animes i've ever seen. My favorite aspects of anime all put into one anime. The depth put into characters reminds me of cowboy bebop, and the animation also. The fantasy over all is awesome, and seems to really get my attention the way escaflowne and record of lodoss was did. The darkness was really cool, like a mixture of hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, and Akira. And then the really weird plot, got me into thinking the way i had to when going through the eva series and movies. And lastly, the action, it kicked ass. Like a very well done version or DBZ, and a whole bunch of titles like rayearth and Silent mobius. The magic and fighting is just awesome, and and the music got many awards and great marks from japan, and i can see why, which is why SSSnake wanted the opening and soundtracks of the series. It's done very well, reminds me of most of Yoko Kannos work while doing the macross and escaflowne series. So i suggest this anime for any serious otaku out ther. It's f*cking cool!!!!
Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2002, 09:56 PM   #29
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
The artbooks by Clamp for X are really awesome stuff. Probably among the best artbooks I've ever seen. But some of you already know Clamp's style is so rich and beautiful, with lot of decorations and very detailed. Especially some of the arts for Kamui are something extraordinary.
I've seen scans of these artbooks around the web more than once, but I'm sorry I don't remember many links At this moment, I can only post this one, but I'll be back if I remember the others!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote