Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 18th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Post I Have Started College

It has been a long time coming. I mean, I graduated high school in 2000 and I am now 25 years old. I have no doubt that I needed all that time to find my true self within me, become a verions of this person in control, and figure out what I wanted to do with my life with absolute certainty, though, so I am glad I waited.

So I am attending the New England Institute of Art in Massachusetts. I am studying for my associates degree of science in Audio Production. If all goes well, I may move on and complete a Bachelor's degree in Audio Media and Technology, which would be another two years. Also, I just may attend an 18 month program for a Recording Arts Certificate at CDIA of Boston University, which is a more focused and quicker to the point course simultaneously. Yeah, so I am going to be one busy guy, but as that is its still only 3-4 days a week of class (4 every other week.) I expect to have a lot of homework, but since it is all towards something I KNOW I wish to do with my life, I am one step ahead of the game.

I just really needed to share this. I am extremely proud of myself. Also, I will need the support of a few friends LOL. So please, remember to have my back everybody, not that you'd forget

If any of you have any questions about what I am studying feel free to ask them here and I will share.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #2
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
I just got accepted to my college a few days ago. And now I'm in a mad, frustrating, and stressful rush to get my shots and physical done, and all that fun federal student loan stuff within a month. And I have to pay for all the medical stuff because I don't have any insurance right now..so $200 towards physical and shots..$500 for admission fee..$250 for housing fee..and who knows how much I'll have to spend on books..
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #3
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
I just got accepted to my college a few days ago. And now I'm in a mad, frustrating, and stressful rush to get my shots and physical done, and all that fun federal student loan stuff within a month. And I have to pay for all the medical stuff because I don't have any insurance right now..so $200 towards physical and shots..$500 for admission fee..$250 for housing fee..and who knows how much I'll have to spend on books..
I know... I just went through all this! My head is STILL spinning!

Congratulations, TT!!! Looks like we both are entering great new chapters in our lives

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 18th, 2006 at 08:28 PM..
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #4
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
I know... I just went through all this! My head is STILL spinning!

Congratulations, TT!!! Looks like we both are entering great new chapters in our lives

_RED_ stuff
Interesting that we both going for opposite spectrums of the entertainment industry though. I'm going to Five Towns College for film major, but the school is more well-known for its audio recording and such. Good luck with yourself.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #5
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Congratz to the both of ya! You guys are lucky that you have colleges like that in the states. Here you can learn for audio engineer, but it's a private school and costs about 17.000$ a year. I always wanted to attend that study but my parents didn't have the cash.... So consider yourself lucky and work your asses off It's gonna be a tough time, especially if you haven't been to school for a long time. But make the best of it and enjoy yourselfs. I'm gonna be asking you a lot of questions in the future Red, when I get my homestudio s@%^( together.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #6
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
CONGRATULATIONS MARK!! Im soo soo happy for you. Im glad everything is going so well with you and hey you'll be closer to me! Thats always a good thing, lol. Now when you go on breaks you can come down and visit lil old me and we can hang, that would be cool. I still have some stuff to do for my school, I have to sign some papers and put in my deposit, oh i cant wait to be all set. Good Luck to you!
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Good luck Red and Tt. Try to enjoy it if you can.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Congrats to both. College is not for everybody, some just go because they think they must. If it's a personal choice, it's another story, so good luck!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Congrats
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #10
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Interesting that we both going for opposite spectrums of the entertainment industry though. I'm going to Five Towns College for film major, but the school is more well-known for its audio recording and such. Good luck with yourself.

I wouldn't say we are going for opposite spectrums of the entertainment industry. In fact, one of the things I am interested in doing is producing the sound for films. Everything from the soundtrack to the actual sounds or everything in the film. In the school I am going to, my Admissions person described a project he saw a student doing in which he had to take apart and reassemble form scratch an entire fight scene sequence in the original Matrix movie. There were hundreds upon hundreds of single waveforms mixed together for each and every sound effect and every aspect of it. There are a lot of things to consider... the sound quality or clarity of each sound effect, any effects one might add or purposefully not add, the surround sound aspect of it like which channel(s) they would be mixed to, and so many other things, etc.... all in a way that would compliment the main sound producer and directors artistic vision of the film. The Matrix I would imagine might want to sound a bit like a classic anime for example since anime was one of the wachowski brothers main influence for the film. Now, my ultimate goal may be to work with music mostly, but to think about this certainly widens my spectrum of possibilities and it definately overlaps with yours! I figure as long as I keep my options open with what I can do with Audio Production I will always have something to do in order to get paid with it so I can afford to open my own production/recording studio for mostly musical artists some day. OK, I have ranted quite a bit here, but I thought I would share some of my insight into the industry from what I know so far. Maybe it will help you see what type of people you may find yourself working with. Btw, never underestimate the power of the independent film. This is the time for indie films just like it is the time for indie labels in the music industry, bruh You will find a lot of cool people to work with on their projects. Don't wait until you graduate! Oh, and use myspace. I know its kind of evil, but its still an invaluable networking tool. And they know it too... grrrrr... scary. OK... my mind is offically all over the place. Ahhh!

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

Old May 25th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #11
YunaDiva05
Sweet Angel

YunaDiva05 is on a distinguished road
I know I may be a little late on the replying part, but congrats Red. I'm glad to see you doing something, most people wait and wait and never find anything, and they think its too late.. well its never too late. I'm soooooo happy for you and good luck

~*~ "Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can
sometimes just... be an illusion." ~*~
YunaDiva05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #12
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I'm very happy for you guys. I am trying to get into something this year as well, although it will have to be a few subjects only.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote