Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:27 PM   #1
bellsdelsol

bellsdelsol is on a distinguished road
Any one here got BIG BOSS?

I am new around here and I am just wondering who around here has actually gotten the BIG BOSS ranking on mgs and mgs2? I have on mgs and I am going for it on mgs2 this week I will get back with results when done.
bellsdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:01 PM   #2
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
I didn't know you can getthat title... It's the first time I hear this, so it's kinda new to me
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:31 AM   #3
bellsdelsol

Yes it is possible to get but not very easy. If you go here https://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/mgs2/english/mr/ the clear code web site you can search with the record sorter. Search the extreme and clear times and you will ussually find 1 or 2 on there. In order to get it I believe you have to have

Extreme difficulty
under 3 hours
8 saves or less
Kill knowbody even bosses (except metal gears and harrier)
only 3 Alerts (the ones that cannot be avoided)
No radar
No special items

I think that is it, If not someone can correct me. I have not recieved it yet but plan to this weekend. Trust me it is not easy.
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:32 PM   #4
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Just to think about that gives me the creeps

I'll be just content on finishing it on Extreme, that's enough challenge for me

Good luck on your challenge, I just began playing on extreme and Olga Gurlukovitch killed me

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:09 PM   #5
bellsdelsol

To let you in on where I am. I made it all the way to fatman without saving or dieing on extreme with no radar or no special items. I then continued and saved before each boss after that and now am at vamp. I will hopefully be done this weekend. And thank you for your support. I know there is prolly some people out there better but I already feel like I have accomplished something great.
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:47 PM   #6
Frozen
Dante May Cry

The important thing is that you accomplish something by yourself, and for yourself regardless of the fact that many other ppl may have accomplished such thing. That is good enough to have my admiration towards someone, usually.

Now, are you trying to achieve the Big Boss ranking right now, or trying to beat it on extreme for the first time? Or both things?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:49 AM   #7
bellsdelsol

Now, are you trying to achieve the Big Boss ranking right now, or trying to beat it on extreme for the first time? Or both things? [/B][/QUOTE]

I am trying to achieve Big Boss and I have been through extreme 2 times. I got big boss last night accually. If you would like to see it go to the record sorter and click exteme and clear times. you should see mine about 5 or 6 down. Chris Bell is what I am under. And to anyone that tries this and succeeds I have much respect for you. This is not an easy task. Good luck everyone
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:13 PM   #8
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Damn, I could not see anyone with the Big Boss ranking They were either TARANTULA, PIGEON, WHALE, NIGHT OWL..... but no Big Boss

Maybe I didn't go to the right place...... but even all tohse freaking deserve my admiration...... just to achieve Zero damage, no enemies killed, no alert modes....

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:34 AM   #9
bellsdelsol

When I search to see if anyone has big boss I just go to the record sorter and sort by extreme game and best clear times. It will usually bring up a couple big boss rankings somewhere nere the top. Look again mine is there.
Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:54 AM   #10
Frozen
Dante May Cry

You beat that game in 1:48 !!!????

You're da s*** man! (even 2:46 looks like impossible for me to achieve )

*bows to Chris Bell in admiration*

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #11
bellsdelsol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frozen
[B]You beat that game in 1:48 !!!????

Yah the 1:48 was on very easy. I missed one dog tag the first time through and went back and decided to just jam through real fast using the stealth bandana and wig just to get the tag. Never tried again but I think I could get it down a little. I think my fastest on extreme was 2:25 or something like that.

You know I have been a little sad the past couple of days. Ever since I got Big Boss I feal like my amazing journey has come to an end. Oh well give it a month or 2 and maybe I will give Big Boss another run with less saves and no damage (now that should be fun ) But to tell you the truth I don't know if my controller can take Big Boss on again (I don't think it likes it when it flies across the room. )

I would also like to say thank you for your nice comments Frozen.
Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:37 PM   #12
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bellsdelsol
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
You beat that game in 1:48 !!!????

Yah the 1:48 was on very easy. I missed one dog tag the first time through and went back and decided to just jam through real fast using the stealth bandana and wig just to get the tag. Never tried again but I think I could get it down a little. I think my fastest on extreme was 2:25 or something like that.

You know I have been a little sad the past couple of days. Ever since I got Big Boss I feal like my amazing journey has come to an end. Oh well give it a month or 2 and maybe I will give Big Boss another run with less saves and no damage (now that should be fun ) But to tell you the truth I don't know if my controller can take Big Boss on again (I don't think it likes it when it flies across the room. )

I would also like to say thank you for your nice comments Frozen.

Hey bellsdelsol got a question for you.Umm im going through extreme now and am wondering what is the strat that you use to get by vamp.I always start out good but then when i get half of his power down he kicks my ass.Any good hints.Should i be moving to avoid his knifes or stand in a position an attempt to shoot them down.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:47 AM   #13
bellsdelsol

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake

Hey bellsdelsol got a question for you.Umm im going through extreme now and am wondering what is the strat that you use to get by vamp.I always start out good but then when i get half of his power down he kicks my ass.Any good hints.Should i be moving to avoid his knifes or stand in a position an attempt to shoot them down.
Well this is what I do when trying not to kill him. The first thing I do is get out the m9 and when he spins around shoot him in the bullet hole on his right side (which is left from your perspective). When he goes into the pool get out the socom and shoot the lights out on the left and right sides of the room. He will jump out of the pool and up on top and will walk towards the corner of the room and throw on knife. I stand in place in first person view with the m9 drawn. after he throws the knife duck to avoid it then shoot him (I ussually aim for the bullet hole in his side). Then he goes to the other side of the room and does it again, just do the same as before. Then I think he runs at you. I hate this part so I just jump down on the ledge in the pool until he starts walking towards you all red. Get up and he will jump back in the pool. Then he does the three seperate single throws and the final throwing while he moves across the room. Do these throws the same by looking at him with m9 and duck when he throws the knife and shoot. After he does the knives across the room part try and be right under him when he is done. Some times he does a spin and a clap. If he does this it is a great time to shoot him in the bullet hole in the side. just keep doing that and after half way he gets pissed (as I call it). When he does this he will start doing 2 different sets of moves. One of the movies he does is jumping out of the pool and lands on the platform across from you and then runs at you and heads for the wall behind you. I usually try and hit him when he is comming at me. If you are lucky enough to hit him the first time watch where he goes cause he will come at you again (mostly from the opposite side as before, but not always). Then he goes back in the pool and jumps back out for the double/single knife throw that he uses. You have to be a little picky here when trying to go for him. If he is across the room from you (not right above you) what I do is get into first person with the m9 out aiming at him. When he throws the double set of knives wait til the second is thrown and duck real fast. Then before he throws the thrid knife get back up and when he throws that duck again and fire at his head or the bullet hole in his side. I am warning you that if he is close this is near impossible becuase of the angle he will throw the knives. So if he gets up close, you need abort the shot and run and flip when he throws his knives (I tend to stay as far away from him when doing this). Then when you get him down far enough he starts his flip around the room until you have no idea where he is. I usually get as far back on a wall (the sides that vamp sticks on earlier in the battle). When he comes out of the pool just stay in first person view with the m9 ready. Keep an eye on him if you can. He will eventually stop flipping and throw about 5 or 6 knives. At this time you wait til you think he threw the last knife and duck and either shoot him (if you have a shot) or stand back up and shoot him. Eventually you will get him. keep practicing and good luck.
Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #14
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Ha thnx for the help.I just blew past the rest of the game on extreme.Man it wasnt that hard once you get the bosses moves down.Well i almost got all the dog tags time for a second run

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:30 AM   #15
bellsdelsol

Your wecome and congrats. If that wasn't hard enough try to get Big Boss. That will be a challange. See above for what is needed to recieve Big Boss.
Old Sep 16th, 2002, 11:04 PM   #16
Maldini
AC MILAN PRESIDENT

Maldini is on a distinguished road
uraguay

have u been to uraguay.
Maldini is offline   Reply With Quote