Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Jul 20th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
MGS4 E3 '07 Trailer - English/Japanese difference

I was completely blown away by the new trailer shown at E3 and I kept watching it over and over again. But I wanted to see the Japanese version because as much as I like the English voices, I also like the Japanese cast.

When I saw the Japanese version, I noticed a difference between the two...the Japanese one had more dialogue between Meryl(?) and Snake. So being as obsessed as I am, I translated only that section. My translations (in Italics) may not be entirely accurate but I think I got the gist:

Spoiler: show
In the trailer, when Liquid Ocelot walks to the right, Campbell says something about Liquid planning an attack or something. After Snake falls over the soldier lying on the ground, Meryl's (I believe it's Meryl or it could be Naomi) voice comes up and she says this:

"He (Liquid) is certainly scheming to take action. However, success will be impossible as long as there is the AT security system. If he tries, the weapon would be forcibly locked down and the PMC would cause terrorist behavior and a coup d’etat."

However, since Meryl didn't use "him" as in Liquid, what she could've said was this:

"He is certainly scheming to take action. However, success will be impossible as long as there is the AT security system. If the PMC tries to cause terrorist behavior or a coup d’etat, the weapon would be forcibly locked down and everything will be fine."

Snake: The system is perfect?

Meryl: Which is why operation from a/the third party is impossible. Therefore, Snake, it is up to you. You do not want this to be a wasted death."
(The last phrase was difficult to interpret because in Japanese she says "Anata ni mudashi ni shite hoshii shiku nai no" which literally means 'you wasted death desire not.' But in translation, it could mean "You don't want a wasted death" which may refer to Snake's own death or "You don't want this to be a wasted death" which may refer to Snake's chance to get rid of Liquid)

Snake: That is my mission.

The part about being bound/tied to fate is the same in the Japanese.

If you want to see the Japanese trailer, you have to go to Konami's JP MGS site and see it. It seems like certain information was omitted from the English version because I guess they wanted it to be more cryptic?

I plan on translating the whole trailer too when I have spare time...there may be more changes. Hope you guys found the information sort of interesting.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Jul 20th, 2007 at 02:07 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
meryl have you seen the 15min gameplay footage?

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Hell yeah I saw the gameplay footage! I actually first read about it in a news article and was anticipating to see the video. When I saw it, man, I was blown away.

I can't believe the amount of depth and the attention to detail it has...and I love Snake's new moves and the fluidity in animation while performing them like
the part when Snake swung down the ledge to knife-zap the soldier
Oh, and I love the little bits of humor here and there like
Snake throwing up after rolling in the barrel, the dirty magazine (LOL), and the PS3 controller in his hands while controlling Mk. II

Seeing the video wants me to play the game now.

What parts did you like Vic?

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I saw half of the 15 minute MGS4 video before my internet cut out. I didn't feel like getting it back since when my internet goes out it takes forever to go back up.

But what I saw was awesome; the gameplay is getting better for the series. But like the other games the story always interested me more since the gameplay was generally lacking in points. But the better CQC techniques, over the shoulder shooting, better sneaking (like doing that crouch run Hideo was using the majority of the video) and it seems you can sneak up on people a bit faster in this one then the others. I also liked the Octocameo, I really enjoyed the camouflage aspect in MGS3 but it was at times a pain in the ass to deal with, this game is streamlining it a bit.

I also liked the high amount of chaos that was going on when the Militia and PMC started fighting, seeing those air strikes amidst all the carnage and even a building blowing up in the distance was awesome. I showed my dad that battle and he was extremely impressed in what was going on. Then my internet cut out a few minutes after that battle was going on, I'll try to watch it again tomorrow. But I highly agree with what IGN said about the game after they saw the video "You WILL buy this game. You may not be convinced just yet but in the end you WILL buy this game." But yeah this game is one of the reasons why I bought my PS3 and it’s good to see my anticipation is not falling upon deaf ears, this game will rock and it will rock hard.