Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #21
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

Well I didn't like it because the whole outcome/circumstances of the film really turned out unfairly/unjust...but that's just me. I also couldn't stand the entire cast either (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins...I hate these guys) so it didn't help. I only saw this film because it was so raved and acclaimed.

Well, I am going to have to go with Faile on this one. I think the movie ended the way it had to. One thing about me is that I tend to enjoy movies that end in ways you don't want them to in that something happens to a character that is unjust or outright tragic. Maybe I am perverse in that way but I seem to just enjoy the points that are made about certain circumstances to convey messages in a harsh way in films.

About Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. Well, I would have to disagree strongly about Sean Penn. I happen to think he is one of the most versatile, convincing, and overall talented actors out there who also happens to be a little overlooked for his abilities. That is my opinion of course. I probably haven't had enough experience with Tim Robbins in movies where I paid enough attention but from what I have seen him in I find him to be better than just an average actor atleast and certainly not hateworthy... but again these are all my opinions.

BTW, I took you and Panuru up on your offer to make a seperate thread to discuss actors/actresses that we just plain hate. Doesnt matter if we disagree... lets discuss it

_RED_

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #22
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i can't stand the following movies

mortal kombat annihilation

homeward bound-i hated those stupid ass dogs

the ring (and teh ring 3 thats coming out friday, or the grudge, or whatever the hell its called, the one that comes out tomorrow is teh one i hate)
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #23
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:

- Wedding Crashers (again, dragged into seeing by the dumbass above...another stupid, stupid movie)

- Titanic (need I say more?)
Wedding Crasher was awesome, I watched it like 3 times in the Cinemas. After a long time a mature comedy came into theatres, because most of them are PG13 and there are limitations to the jokes and prank they can actually do in a movie, but this movie wasn't like that. Its too funny.

And Titanic...you seriously dont like this movie?.? The direction of this movie is beyond anything I have ever seen. The music, the dialouges, the screenplay. I think its one of the best movie ever made in the history of cinema. Too good.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #24
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
Wedding Crasher was awesome, I watched it like 3 times in the Cinemas. After a long time a mature comedy came into theatres, because most of them are PG13 and there are limitations to the jokes and prank they can actually do in a movie, but this movie wasn't like that. Its too funny.
Well I don't watch these type of comedies, PG13 or R, anyway so that's why. And like with "Closer", I was dragged into seeing and paying for this film because my sister and I had to treat - haha, silly me, I mean spoil - a guest of ours, so on account of that along with the movie not being to my liking, yeah I'm pretty much pissed.

Quote:
And Titanic...you seriously dont like this movie?.? The direction of this movie is beyond anything I have ever seen. The music, the dialouges, the screenplay. I think its one of the best movie ever made in the history of cinema. Too good.
Yes seriously...I'm not saying it's the worst movie of all time, but I don't like it...I guess it's the plot and the overdone manner of this "undying love" thing going on in the film. Oh, and the fact that every stupid girl in my school at the time raved and obsessed about it non-stop everyday, EVERYDAY about it for days on end and did stuff like going to the library to print out pictures of DiCaprio, plastering it all over inside their lockers, doodling hearts with words like "I HEART DiCaprio," talking like "Winslet and DiCaprio's love was SOO real" and what else? Oh right, DiCaprio...

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #25
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
I <3 dicaprio
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #26
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL, REChick said she enjoyed this film in the other thread.
lol yes I did. Lucky Number Slevin was a good movie. Yes it may drag in the beginning but overall it was really good. I might as well contribute to the list. Mark is going to kill me for saying this but oh well..
I absolutely despise the Devils Rejects movie. I did not think it was scary at all, it just made me angry. But I did enjoy the ending of the movie, that was all that i enjoyed
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #27
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REChick14
I absolutely despise the Devils Rejects movie. I did not think it was scary at all, it just made me angry. But I did enjoy the ending of the movie, that was all that i enjoyed
Why did it make you angry? Because of the violence?
I really liked this movie, nicely shot good story and great soundtrack...

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM   #28
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Troy was bad. If you know the story it depicts, it's really ridiculous.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #29
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REChick14
lol yes I did. Lucky Number Slevin was a good movie. Yes it may drag in the beginning but overall it was really good. I might as well contribute to the list. Mark is going to kill me for saying this but oh well..
She just knows I highly disagree with her so she's trying to get my goat. Devil's Rejects is one of the best movies I've seen in a while and I was ranting and raving about it to rechick even though I knew she hated it so she's just trying to get me back... lol.

_RED_

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #30
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm with you, this movie is one of my favorites, but obviously you must enjoy comedies to like it.

The Covenant: What a huge pile of shit, extremely disappointing, the trailers looked pretty cool but then the movie... not even worth watching when it's aired in ABC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiko
Troy was bad. If you know the story it depicts, it's really ridiculous.
I disagree. While it is true that it has plenty of inaccuracies, and specially the way it ended. (I have read the Illiad and I have enjoyed Greek Mythology since I was little) the main essence was kept (rivalry between Hector and Achilles, rapture of Helen by Paris, Achilles' pride and heroism) it was an epic feast of action and drama. It just seems unrealistic to me to compile a whole book into a movie, books have an absurd amount of content, movies made out of books WILL NEVER BE ABLE to keep up with as much information, therefore I believe they should be appreciated for what they are and it is unfair to judge a movie because it wasn't an exact audiovisual reproduction of the book (that would take an entire series, depending on the length of the book). This comment isn't direct at you Meiko, but in general to all the people that say that a movie sucks when it isn't exactly accurate to the book it came out of.

Last edited by Frozen; Nov 8th, 2006 at 07:44 AM..
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote