Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:50 AM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Dr. Phil (Ruining lives one at a time)

I stayed home from school today because it was - 12 degrees here in Ohio today and I cant believe what I just saw on T.V !. I had it on to my left here while sitting at my computer when I saw that quack Dr. Phil talking to a clearly conservative mother and her son. She found out that her son smoked weed occasionally. His mother was hounding him like crazy over it because she thought he did and then she found out for sure and made the kid take drug screens all the time (Grounding him and what not as if that was gonna help) . Dr. Phil went on to tell the mother to keep hounding him and to force him into drug rehab thats right DRUG REHAB !!!. For weed !!. If everyone who smoked weed was in rehab thier would be more rehab centers than schools in this country !. Bottom line its not as bad as cigarettes for one reason ITS NOT ADDICTIVE !!. Cigarettes should be illagal for being addictive and weed should be legal (Id prefer it not be because I dont smoke it but I really could care less if others do) Anyways back to the kid. Hes clearly distraught because instead of really talking to him about it and being realistic she claims hes going to die from it and needs rehab. Dr. Phil said....and I quote " Mom...your job is to keep him alive till hes 21" Then he suggested rehab and if it didnt work he said put him through it again !!. The good Dr pointed out that he had a glazed over look due to weed....the glazed over look is him seeing his life being torn apart by two adults who dont see reality !. Thats the first time Ive ever yelled at a TV before...I almost couldn't believe it . I dont smoke anything but come on Weed is NOT going to kill you, in fact everyone I know (That smokes weed) functions as well or better than others who dont. Sure maybe they will get lung problems when they get older but so will people who smoke Cigg's and im sure mommy wouldn't mind that. The over conservative CRAP has to STOP !!. Also he says that if he keeps the weed smoking up he could die before he reaches 21. Whats going to happen is that shes going to keep putting him in rehab till hes 18 and hes going to run away so he can be free of all that nonsence. Then hes going to have no where to go and maybe end up dead in the streets. That wouldnt be casued by the weed it would be caused by his mother pushing him away for doing something he has EVERY right to do !. If my son or daughter smoked weed id try and talk to them personally and ask them why they are doing It and Id ask them to quit..if they still wanted to do it Id say hey "You have the right to smoke weed but dont expect me to support it or bail you out of jail if your caught with it. And dont smoke it in my house ever !" Thats the only good way of doing it. (added) And ofcourse thats only if they are over the age of say 16 depending on thier maturity level. Some kids are just too plain stupid to amke rational decisions these days

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:47 AM   #2
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Weed is not as bad as cigarrettes? Do you know that weed kills brain cells? Do you know that weed has something like 4 times the amount of tar as a cigarrette? No, you probably didn't.

Nobody has "every right" to smoke pot. It's illegal for a reason.

You can say "the over conservative crap has to stop," but I'd say "the over liberal crap has to stop."
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:50 AM   #3
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Re: Dr. Phil (Ruining lives one at a time)

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

If my son or daughter smoked weed id trya nd tlak to them personally and ask them why they are doing It and Id ask them to quit..if they still wanted to do it Id say hey "Your have the right to smoke weed but dont expect me to support it or bail you out of jail if your caught with it. And dont smoke it in my house ever !" Thats the only good way of doing it
I would too. That way if they really wanted to live under my roof they'd quit, right?
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:29 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Its illegal because They cant tax it. And people that smoke weed dont smoke it in the amount that people smoke cig's. People that smoke weed usually smoke one to two joints a day. People who smoke cig's smoke what half a pack a whole pack a day !? (Not too many people smoke less than 4 or 5 a day. One joint may contain more tar but when you smoke a whole friggin pack or even half a pack of cig's a day it more than balances out so get realistic one of these days . And open your eyes for crying out loud. Its illegal for the wrong reasons lets face it . Alcohol kills brain cells why isnt it illegal. Did you say ANYTHING that proves your point Suzuki ? Ummmmm NO you didnt . And anything that traps you into having a physical need for it should be illegal in my book. And hey if people want to destroy their brain cells who are we to stop them. People have the right to do that if they deem fit. Just as long as they arent being controlled by factors that are beyond them like addiction . Get real (Hmm that may have sounded a little argumentative...oh well)

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:31 PM   #5
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Marajuana has the side-effects of ciggerettes, but the effects are stronger. The only problem from the drug itself, Is Cannabis Psychosis. This occurs in people who smoke dope on a very regular basis, and if they start at a young age, it is more likely to happen (a person starting at 15 is more likely to get it than a guy who starts at 30)

But as a casula marajuana smoker, It doesn't bother me, I know the risks, so I dont smoke it a lot because I know what can happen.

But I seriously think it should be legalised, most governments are taking steps to see this happen, and I shouldn't be far away.

P.S. don't think i'm a druggie, all drugs except Cannabis should be banned IMO, Speed, Coke, Herion, I'd never try these and I'd never condone them.

P.P.S Nobody should take anything as I say as an excuse for smoking dope, I smoke it for my own reasons and I do not recommend that anyone tries it ever.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:37 PM   #6
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Hey men to that borther. But ofcourse the over use of anything isnt good thats commen sence. We cant be held responsible for idiodic people who submit themselves to harmful effects due to over use . Dont make it illegal to proctect those (VERY VERY) few stupid people , they deserve what they get . Ive never heard of any weed related accidents yet so many concervatives claim that they happen all the time, give me a break. Thousands of people in this country smoke weed (Many you wouldnt ever expect) yet I never hear of anyone with Cannibus Psychosis . I watch the news every day and read the as well and I dont hear of any problems caused by the smoking of maruijana* . So whats the big deal....oh wait thier isnt one. Alcohol is a factor in many...MANY incidents resulting in fatalitys yet its legal

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:41 PM   #7
mark0™
Extinct.

Listen, Dope aint as bad as what It's conveyed by the media, but It is still bad for your health! No doubt about that. And again, please don't take anything I say as a reason to do drugs, i am a very casual smoker, havent done it in months, but say no to drugs.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM   #8
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

I dont think anyone would take anything said on this forum as a reason to do anything. Were just debating an issue not trying to talk people into doing anything . So dont worry bout it Mark

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM   #9
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I dont condone smokeing at all. but i think it's wrong forceing the child taking controll of his life will probally piss him off. i know it would make me lose my mind Im not going to smoke i dont have any desire of smoke.

~Frosty
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:48 PM   #10
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

I dont promote smoking Mary J, but I dont condone condemning people to jail and puclic criticism for doing something thats no worse or dangerous than alcohol. As long as the person isnt being controlled by an addiciton and it doesent have a direct negative effect on other people it should be Legal. In that way its less dangerous than smoking and alcohol. With Alcohol thiers many cases of auto accidents and with Smoking cig's thiers second hand smoke wich injures innocent bi standards

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:55 PM   #11
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I haven't done any drugs at all and I don't plan on taking any.
I'm losing my mind because I just realised I have to start taking care of my life and I wouldn't take anything here as an excuse to do drugs.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM   #12
mark0™
Extinct.

I'm just making my intentions clear so that (hopefully) the admins wont be angry at me. It's kinda mnessed up, no kid really knows if it is as bad as they say on TV, then they're friend will tell them its not bad, but I don't know 100% what all the "bad" effects are.

But then again, its just something that makes me feel good, alcohol can (sometimes not though) makes you feel good, and can cause serious illnesses. but it's legal, Smoking (tobacco) is the same and even Sex can lead to a ruined life (heath wise and social wise) if the proper precautions are not taken care of yet they are no laws against them.

But seriously, Marajuana is bad, it should only be used if the smoker knows the risk and accepts them. And IMO, the government will realise this and make it legal (then they can charge tax on it)
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM   #13
Suzuki_Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

Hey men to that borther.
That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Quote:
Did you say ANYTHING that proves your point Suzuki ? Ummmmm NO you didnt .
Umm..YEA I did. I'll post my first response, and elaborate:

Quote:
Weed is not as bad as cigarrettes? Do you know that weed kills brain cells? Do you know that weed has something like 4 times the amount of tar as a cigarrette? No, you probably didn't.
Weed is worse than cigarrettes, that's obvious. Cigarrettes do not kill brain cells, weed does. Weed has far more tar than a cigarrette does, so therefore it is worse for your lungs.

And where did you see me say that cigarrettes are OK? You keep saying "it evens out, the amount of tar, blah blah blah blah." I never said I thought smoking cigarrettes was good..did I? No.

I don't care if people smoke weed in their house, but don't smoke weed in public and don't go out in public stoned. It's OK in my book for people to give themselves cancer, just don't act like an ass in public after doing it. That's why I don't want it legalized. I don't want stoners walking around the streets doing some crazy shit all the time.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:03 PM   #14
mark0™
Extinct.

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy
That's why I don't want it legalized. I don't want stoners walking around the streets doing some crazy shit all the time.
Actually your average Stoner wants to lay around all the time, your more likely to get hassled by a drunk, and guess what, Drinking's legal! And the hey men brother, lol.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM   #15
Suzuki_Fanboy

Yea, that's another thing...the "laying around" remark. People will start to smoke it, and get lazy all the time. Another bad thing.

But people smoking it in one of those places where you can smoke weed...they're like little pot-smoking clubs. There, they'd come out all annoying and crazy like, and etc.

Drinking isn't illegal because it's perfectly fine in moderation. Drinking a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. It's the jerks that abuse it that need to go to jail. Drinking doesn't kill brain cells until you get drunk. Having a beer won't hurt you at all, as long as it's in moderation.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM   #16
mark0™
Extinct.

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy
But people smoking it in one of those places where you can smoke weed...they're like little pot-smoking clubs. There, they'd come out all annoying and crazy like, and etc.
And how do you know this?

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lay around in the privacy of your home if you want to, what harm is that to you?

Plus alcohol is fine in moderation, but when I goto a pub, I don't plan on drinking in moderation, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me there, although I'm never aggresive when I'm drunk, If I do get aggresive, I'll bring it down a notch (and again, I do not condone Alcohol either, Ethanol (alcohol) is a poison, it will damage you ).

Keep it clean
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:19 PM   #17
Suzuki_Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lay around in the privacy of your home if you want to, what harm is that to you?
I specifically said earlier that doing that in your own privacy is fine with me. See:

Quote:
I don't care if people smoke weed in their house
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM   #18
mark0™
Extinct.

Erm, I said that because you said being lazy would be a problem, but something as innocent as smoking weed and watching tv in the privacy of your own home doesnt cause any harm though does it? I only smoke outside (far away from anyone else hehe) because obviously I live with my parents, and they aren't too happy eith it (I've been caught, thats why I dont smoke it so much now, I'm an extremely casual smoker)

time for the obliguitory... Dont Do Drugs.

Drugs are bad mmm..kay?
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:39 PM   #19
Suzuki_Fanboy

The thing about laziness being bad is people who are in the work force...if they smoke too much, they might not do their job properly, and this could cause some people who have jobs that require social interaction to not be able to do their job properly.

Yes'm, don't do drugs. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

"You don't have to spend your life addicted to smack, homeless on the streets givin handjobs for crack, follow these words and very soon you will saaayyy, it's easy mmmmkaaayy"
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:42 PM   #20
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
just to say weed is worst than cigs. it has been proven. but its still banned in England.