Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #41
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Now that Kenshin's going to be on Cartoon Network, I'm pretty sure many will watch it and become familiar with the series....

....just in time too. I went to check up on those new Kenshin OVAs (the Seisou-hen ones; Passing of Time) and I just found out: these new OVAs are licensed and will be released in the US on March 25. It's now called "Samurai X: Reflections". Well, those who've seen the entire TV and first OVAs will be able to see these, the final ending to the series. Enjoy people...but be sure to have a box of tissues if you're a major fan of the series.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #42
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Enjoy people...but be sure to have a box of tissues if you're a major fan of the series.
So, is it because they've literally murdered the thing? It comes as no surprise to me that they would do that.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #43
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

No, it's because the ending is just sad and for fans it's going to be depressing, let's just say that.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Mar 18th, 2003, 04:42 AM   #44
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I saw the first episode today. it was pretty good but it was brutally cut i could tell. part's where they could of showen blood there wasnt a speck. except
Spoiler: show
the part where the girl get's cut in the arm by that genshi or whatever his name is

but it was pretty good i liked it
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #45
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I couldn't tell if there was supposed to be blood or not because I never saw that episode before. Maybe I'll notice something when I get to the episode where:

Kenshin fights this guy that can use a powerful move that shows cool wind effects. To help you figure it out better, I know one attack cuts someone in the arm or somewhere else(don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about. Also, I think that is the same guy he fought in the first episode)
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #46
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Alright, I've just finished watching the 2nd episode of Kenshin (called "Kid Samurai") on CN and here's some things that may clear some questions:

1) Cartoon Network did not re-dub the series. They kept the same dub voices as in the US released DVDs.

2) In the episode I'm watching, it doesn't look like they cut anything out or left any parts out. This episode doesn't have blood, so I'm not sure if they do cut out blood (I know that Beretta said something, but I have to see it for myself). If CN does cut out a lot of the blood in the later episodes, I'm going to be quite upset because without the blood, it just looks stupid.

RANT
I don't like how they left out the opening title and instead, used it for the ending credits!! With the original ending theme song! What is that about?! Why don't they just use the proper ending title with the ending theme? It doesn't fit! The "ending" title they used is originally supposed to be the opening one and it's supposed to go with the song Sobakasu (Freckles) sung by the Japanese band, Judy and Mary. Argh...but no, they decided to leave out the signature song of the Kenshin series..... I can't imagine how they'll screw up the other arc's titles and songs.

You Can Help

Old Mar 18th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #47
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Whoa calm down.... Though I only watched a couple of episodes that were subbed I did notice that about the music.

And (meryl confirmed) I don't think there was any blood cut out from the first two episodes. He only knocked those guys out.

I think it is a good series in the 5 episodes I have watched (2 on CN 3 subbed) I will certainly watch more of it seeing as how the new DBZ episodes have also started to air. (I have seen almost every single DBZ episode twice (1 dub 1 sub) except the last episodes)

I hope they start to show Trigun soon. It's in my top 5 as far as anime shows go.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:44 AM   #48
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

I missed the second episode. I hope there wasnt anything important in that one. That's alway's like me. Every new anime i watch i alway's miss the second episode. It's a curse
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:52 AM   #49
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Whoa calm down.... Though I only watched a couple of episodes that were subbed I did notice that about the music.
*Checks blood pressure* Alright, I'm fine now. But it is pretty irritating for me because I love the music a lot. ^_^ The opening and ending themes fit so well with the series (especially some in the future like 1/2, Heart of Sword, etc.) and I'm just sad that they're cutting it away.

Quote:
And (meryl confirmed) I don't think there was any blood cut out from the first two episodes. He only knocked those guys out.
Yeah, in the first two there isn't much blood but I believe there will be some in the upcoming episodes (like maybe 4/5? It's been a long time ).

Quote:
I hope they start to show Trigun soon. It's in my top 5 as far as anime shows go.
I personally think that Trigun should be shown on Adult Swim. Okay, maybe there isn't much blood (right? I don't remember, it's been a long time since I've seen this series too ) but it's a pretty dramatic series especially near the end.
A little useless fact: The American voice actor who did Kaoru's voice in the Kenshin series also did Meryl Strife's voice in the Trigun series. The dub of Trigun is pretty good, IMO.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Beretta55

I missed the second episode. I hope there wasnt anything important in that one. That's alway's like me. Every new anime i watch i alway's miss the second episode. It's a curse
Well, basically in the second episode, we're introduced to the 2nd major character, Myojin, Yahiko. Read the spoiler if you want to know what happens: (Really brief)

Kenshin and the gang are out to lunch and he notices a boy stealing the wallet from an old man, but returning it after seeing his grandson wanting a gift. Kenshin tells the boy that he's a good kid and is dragged off by Kaoru. Later, we find out that this boy is Yahiko, whose parents owes a large debt to the yakuza. But when they died, Yahiko was forced to pay it back for them and he became a pickpocket. Kaoru, unable to stand this, goes and tries to save him. Later, Yahiko refuses to steal for the yakuza anymore and Kaoru comes to help him, but of course, Kenshin arrives in time to save both. Yahiko then becomes the new student of the Kamiya dojo.

Yahiko is actually one of my favorites characters. ^_^

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:21 AM   #50
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

all right kenshin kick that yakuza ass!
but i would of really liked to see that one. i alway's like kid character's in anime......
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:29 AM   #51
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Beretta55

all right kenshin kick that yakuza ass!
but i would of really liked to see that one. i alway's like kid character's in anime......
Yahiko is a great character in the series. There are times when he's a little annoying because he's influenced quite easily (like most young kids are), but overall he's a good boy.

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #52
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I personally think that Trigun should be shown on Adult Swim. Okay, maybe there isn't much blood (right? I don't remember, it's been a long time since I've seen this series too ) but it's a pretty dramatic series especially near the end.
A little useless fact: The American voice actor who did Kaoru's voice in the Kenshin series also did Meryl Strife's voice in the Trigun series. The dub of Trigun is pretty good, IMO.

EDIT:
they'll show it on adult swim (thank god) on march 31, i think..

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #53
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

No one's answered my question, Oh well. I missed yesterday's episode, I hope I remember to watch it today.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #54
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

they'll show it on adult swim (thank god) on march 31, i think..
Really? Wonderful. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

No one's answered my question, Oh well. I missed yesterday's episode, I hope I remember to watch it today.
What was your question, hon? I must've missed it, sorry.

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #55
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originally posted by myself

I couldn't tell if there was supposed to be blood or not because I never saw that episode before. Maybe I'll notice something when I get to the episode where:

Kenshin fights this guy that can use a powerful move that shows cool wind effects. To help you figure it out better, I know one attack cuts someone in the arm or somewhere else(don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about. Also, I think that is the same guy he fought in the first episode)
^
It's the quote at the top. I just finished watching the third episode, it seems they might not have cut as much blood as people thought they would.(it's 7:07pm over here)
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #56
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Gah, there's so many enemies I can't get them straight.

ssj: The guy in the first episode is named Gohei...and this guy doesn't do much later on, so it can't be the one you're talking about.
I believe you're talking about Jinei...he has grey hair, pretty thin and tall guy? Episode 5 is where Jinei makes his first appearance.

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #57
Preventer Wind

The guy from the first episode, the bad guy. Did the same guy do Jet's voice for Cowboy Bebop? They sounded similar to me.....

Sun Tzu
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #58
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:

The guy from the first episode, the bad guy. Did the same guy do Jet's voice for Cowboy Bebop? They sounded similar to me.....
Ah, not sure. I only recognize a few voice actors, but not many....I'll have to check.

You Can Help

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #59
Preventer Wind

Quote:
Ah, not sure. I only recognize a few voice actors, but not many....I'll have to check.
It's ok... don't spend your time looking it up because I can later (But it would be nice not to have to do it ). I don't recognize many of the actors but I am pretty sure that the person who did Frieza's voice for DBZ did Genkai's voice in Yu Yu Hakusho.

Quote:
All the subbed ones I watched had no blood. Though it seems like there should be.... I have to agree with you guys about it should be on Adult Swim. But I think it is because the series was meant for Adults.

And thanks for the news Vic. I know they were gonna show but I didn't know when. Now I can start to save some sleep

Sun Tzu
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #60
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:

It's ok... don't spend your time looking it up because I can later (But it would be nice not to have to do it ). I don't recognize many of the actors but I am pretty sure that the person who did Frieza's voice for DBZ did Genkai's voice in Yu Yu Hakusho.
That's because DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho are licensed under FUNimation. Sometimes, the company will ask the same voice actors back to do voices for other animes they have licensed.

Quote:
All the subbed ones I watched had no blood. Though it seems like there should be.... I have to agree with you guys about it should be on Adult Swim. But I think it is because the series was meant for Adults.
Wait, I just remembered that Vash is a peace-loving dude, so there wouldn't be blood in any episodes. Though I could've sworn there were some....oh well.

You Can Help