Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:05 PM   #1
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

Pimp_Daddy507 is on a distinguished road
My Problem With The Ps2.....Help!

Whenever I play ps2 I will have a lack of enjoying the games.......no matter what I do I jus cant enjoy them like I did with the Ps1, I found out later that this is because I keep thinking of the Xbox and thinking I should've bought it........I never played the box but I'm still guilty for getting the ps2 even though I know its a great system

So I need to know how to fix this problem without actually BUYING or RENTING (too much money) an xbox, how can I enjoy my games more?
Pimp_Daddy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Maybe hitting your head with a huge brick?

Well, I can't imagine how you can't enjoy the games of PS2 system, so I really can't help I think it's a problem you have to fix by yourself. There isn't an ultimate guide or suggestion to enjoy videogames if you don't.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:33 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Dude just by an xbox.Save up some cash there only 200 bucks im getting mine in 2 days and i cant believe your not enjoying your ps2.Outta my GC and ps2 and what i played on the xbox i rented the ps2 is the best and most entertaining.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:34 PM   #4
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
That's what is called consumerism... since I want to help you, for this time I'll tell exactly my personal, ultra-biased opinion: what I think of the Ps2 and Xbox (but no other can continue on the comparison or I'll close the thread!).

The Ps2 has better games, better controller, better conception of the Xbox. Sincerely, buying an Xbox right now I wouldn't be able to find a single game to buy. Don't just look at the system specs...

And I can assure you, I'm one that really loves all games on any platform, when they can catch my attention...
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:21 PM   #5
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

The problem wont go away unless i actually play an xbox, but im all broke now.....i could trade my ps2 in for an xbox with the recipt thingy i got from best buy, but then i might realize xbox sucks and wanna go back to my ps2

the question is now, should i trade a ps2 for an xbox?
Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:36 PM   #6
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
If you like the titles on the Xbox better than those on Ps2, yes...
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:05 AM   #7
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlito
If you like the titles on the Xbox better than those on Ps2, yes...
I agree, and not only should you trade it back, but you should also get a job... or if you have one, a better job. Then you can get multiple gaming systems and multiple games.
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:11 AM   #8
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

I'm 14, so its kinda hard to find a job, but sometimes my friend hooks me up where he works for his grandpa......still not enough though, and 2 systems is kinda a lot to handle for me
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 01:12 AM   #9
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman
Fortune has a good point, Pimp, your gonna be surprised once you try out a Xbox, you will find out its in your mind, not reality. Hey i was the biggest fan ever of the PS, and havent been totally blown away by the ps2. But the Xbox?? Really think about what your considering before you do anything money wise, because buying and selling systems back and forth isnt what you want to do, the money loss is noticeable.
I seriously doubt that there will be as much suprise as you mentioned for the sole fact that he said he played it. The xbox has a growing library with quality titles. I own 8 so far, and play all of them all of the time. That and it is pretty well undeniable that the XBox has the most potential of any system on the market right now.
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:31 PM   #10
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
KraftSLU, I don't know which data you have, but speaking of potential the two latest next-generation consoles - Xbox and GameCube - are exactly in the same position...

Well to be sincere, according to sales, in Europe the GameCube has much more potential than the Xbox... and it's also true that the Gamecube has a much more original, unique line-up than the Xbox, that shares many of its key titles with the Ps2...

Anyhow, going back to the topic, Pimpdaddy you should just see the line-up you prefer... don't look at the system specs...

P.s. He said he didn't play the Xbox... that's really what's called consumerism...
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:41 PM   #11
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

ok, can i have a list of the Ps2's best games, Xbox's best games, and GC's best games???

I'll see which I prefer, can someone post it for me?
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:56 PM   #12
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

Quote:
and it's also true that the Gamecube has a much more original, unique line-up than the Xbox
And they get that unique lineup by rehashing the same game how many times? I think mario is on it's 54th incarnation, Zelda its 12th or 13, metriod has had 6 games, starfox is probably their newest franchise with only 3. Unique? yeah, I guess so. Innovative? Not at all. Xbox seems to be running away with innovation due to such titles as Blinx and Project Ego. The only reason I say it has the most potential is because while it is merely on par with the GC, it has the added convenience of a built in Hard Drive and superior sound to compliment games that are indevelopement. Im not taking sales into any account of system potential. If sales were all that mattered, we should all step back from the computer and pick up our original gameboys for a rousing round of tetris.

Quote:
ok, can i have a list of the Ps2's best games, Xbox's best games, and GC's best games???
Im not sure on the PS2 so someone will have to fill that in (as I don't own one), but as for the other ones:

XBOX:
Halo (of course)
Morrowind
Rallisport Challenge
Hunter: The Reconing
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding
World Series Baseball 2003
Dead or Alive 3
Jet Set Radio Future
Gunvalkyrie

GC:
Rogue Squadron
Smash Brother Melee
Bomberman Generations
Wrestlemania x8
Resident Evil
Pikimin
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:56 PM   #13
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
KraftSLU, fortunately great part of the players don't think the way you think. I don't know how one who loves videogames couldn't be excited to try, at least, a new Zelda game, a game like Metroid Prime, or a title designed by Miyamoto-san. And speaking of innovation... I've yet to see a game with the graphics of Rogue Leader on Xbox...

Anyhow, PimpDaddy... if you want just the titles already out on Ps2, I'll tell you some... if anybody want to add some...

Final Fantasy X
Gran Turismo A-Spec
Drakan: The Ancients'Gates
Devil May Cry
Grand Theft Auto III
Jak & Daxter
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
ICO
Red Faction
Ace Combat 4
Soul Reaver 2
WipeOut Fusion
Virtua Fighter 4
Tekken Tag Tournament
Twisted Metal Black
Zone Of The Enders

Considering the titles released on Xbox or that are going to be released also on Xbox but that are already out on Ps2

Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Onimusha
Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter

And I don't know If I should remind that you can play all the greatest PsOne classics of the latest years...

GameCube's line-up it's a bit more limited, but is surely unique... adding to that, you'll never find great part of these titles on the other systems...

Resident Evil
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pikmin (not Pikimin)
Wrestlemania x 8
Eternal Darkness (released in a few days)
Wave Race
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:10 PM   #14
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

Harry, Im sure I'll be trying the new mario, zelda and metroid games also. I didn't buy my gamecube to let it sit around... But I love completel innovation over anything else. I am super excited about eternal darkness and too human, as they looking to be compelling, completely new storylines that seem to have a lot of promise about them.

Im not sure why you are so impressed with the graphics from rogue leader. I know it pumps out an amazing amount of polygons, but I have seen some of the worst framerate stutter through that game... disgusting at times. Bad enough that I gave up on it after beating it once because it hampered the replay value. It's now sitting on the resale rack at EB if anyone wants a crack at it. Peronally I think that Hunter: The Reconing and rallisport challenge blow it away in graphics, but I guess that is personal opinion. If you think it looks good, more power to you.

Either way, this thread has gotten so off topic that it is scary. Pimp_daddy, if you seriously enjoyed the xbox that much, trade back in for it. No matter what, there are quality games for the xbox now and definately will be in the future, without question.
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:25 PM   #15
Harry
Administrator

Speaking of Rogue Leader... I've yet to see those slowdowns, as all the other players... are you sure your GC wasn't broken or that you actually played the game? That game is considered one of the smoother products ever released... most of the times it runs at 60fps and it never drops below 30 fps, using exactly the same models used in the Special Edition of Star Wars...

Coming back to the thread, Pimp said he DIDN'T have a chance to play an Xbox yet!
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:33 PM   #16
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

Thing is, when the game is running at 60 and drops to 25-30 that is what I would call noticable slowdown, especially when there is a lot going on, which makes it even more noticable. Any yes, I owned the game, so I did happen to play it

Rereading, I didn't notice that he had said he'd never played it, so that was totally my bad. Pimp, rent it. Or play a friends, or something like that. There are XBox Kiosks at all the best buys and places like that. I wouldn't get it without checking it out first, thats like buying a car right off the lot.
Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:47 PM   #17
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

Alright, i'll try to rent it sometime

Sorry to be off topic now but, when it comes to games, which is best in ur oppinion, ps2, xbox, or gc? I dont care bout the system, jus the games
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:45 AM   #18
Harry
Administrator

My choice is Ps2 and second comes the GameCube. I don't like at present the line-up of the Xbox, it seems something designed for the average American player instead of a project targeted to the whole world.
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:21 AM   #19
GaseousSnake
Ancient Wisdom

GaseousSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
My choice is Ps2 and second comes the GameCube. I don't like at present the line-up of the Xbox, it seems something designed for the average American player insted of a project targeted to the whole world.
PS2 men because it has a very large library of games.But the others are catching up fast.

"Make ma feel it make me feel alive again"
GaseousSnake is offline   Reply With Quote