Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:58 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Do you ever feel lonely?

Usually I never have this feeling, but there are some moments that you can be with many different persons and you can feel abandoned or alone at the same time. What is it? I don't know, because loneliness is a very personal feeling, and it's not the same. Some people seem to never feel this way even if they're completely alone most of the time, while others feel lonely, as I said, also when they have many friends around and they go out together and they should be having fun.

What's loneliness for you? Being alone in a physical way or being alone means you can't have a deeper relation with others?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:12 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Re: Do you ever feel lonely?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hylas
Usually I never have this feeling, but there are some moments that you can be with many different persons and you can feel abandoned or alone at the same time. What is it?
I know that feeling because I always encounter that (in real life). Whenever I'm talking with someone (usually a rare thing) some of their friends come joining in and then I feel alone and left out since none of the other people like me. Even if I try to start a conversation, it always blows up in my face.

Quote:

I don't know, because loneliness is a very personal feeling, and it's not the same. Some people seem to never feel this way even if they're completely alone most of the time, while others feel lonely, as I said, also when they have many friends around and they go out together and they should be having fun.

What's loneliness for you? Being alone in a physical way or being alone means you can't have a deeper relation with others?
Some people never feel lonely even if they are alone because that's the choice they made or they actually do want to be alone. I think the reason why some people feel alone though they have many friends is because they're missing something in their life that's distracting them from noticing the friends they have and the fun they should be having. That's how I see it at least.

Loneliness for me is being alone physically and not able to have a deep relationship with others. When I'm at school, I'm always by myself. I'm like those people you see with no social life and that's because whenever I try to start a conversation or try to be friendly, they ignore me or we have nothing in common. A reason why I can't have a deep relationship is because it takes a while for me to trust people, 'cause I always wonder "Why are they talking to me?" or "What is it that they want from me?" since no one usually talks to me, that's why I have these thoughts. I've accepted the fact that I'm alone though it can be pretty sad sometimes.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:21 PM   #3
Hylas
Now or Never

Well, if you don't trust people it's impossible for them to get closer and know what you really think. This means you avoid these situations, right? Because you feel you can't trust them. But it's like choosing to be alone, because if you don't let people to get closer to you, they'll never be able to make you feel accepted among them, even if there are few people who would be happy to know you a little better.
I'm not sure this makes sense!
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:59 PM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, if you don't trust people it's impossible for them to get closer and know what you really think. This means you avoid these situations, right? Because you feel you can't trust them. But it's like choosing to be alone, because if you don't let people to get closer to you, they'll never be able to make you feel accepted among them, even if there are few people who would be happy to know you a little better.
I'm not sure this makes sense!
That's true too, but whenever I decide to put my "shield" away and open up a bit, everyone finds me rather boring. I mean, all the people I talk to are girls, girls who are not into gaming and anime and just basically talk about their "love lives". I mean...I try to talk with some guys and all, but they shut me out 'cause "girls don't play games" in my school and the most anime that people know are Pokemon, DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, and so on. And, 'cause I'm too dull and boring to talk to anyway, so it's kinda hard for me to "blend" in.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:05 PM   #5
Hylas
Now or Never

I know what you mean, but anyone can have many things in common only with few people. You can be with someone also if you don't share with them many interests. Be only with persons who can talk about your fave things sometimes is not really useful. I know that some girls can be boring and that some guys don't like to have "discussions" about anything with girls, but maybe they're just not mature enough for you and they don't like to listen. But in a whole school there must be someone with similar interests or clever enough to have some conversation. Yeah, but if you don't know all of the people, how do you know if there is or not a person who can be a good listener and friend?
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:27 PM   #6
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I usually choose to be alone in almost any given situation. I just enjoy the solitude and peacefulness that comes with it. As a result, I don't usually like to interact with a lot of people, not even with my friends. The only people who I find comfortable to talk to are my family. In some ways, I'm kind of like merylsilverburg in that I must really know a person in order to fully open up to them when talking.

As you can kind of tell by now, I'm more of a schizoid. So I really don't mind being lonely, its just how I live.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:54 PM   #7
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Someimes it seems the world is against me, I know that sounds corny but its true, like everyone liek one to 3 days a year is just mad at me for no reason.

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2002, 11:26 PM   #8
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Meryl-chan, I completely agree with Hylas about the "sharing of common things" thing It's real hard to find someone with the same likes of you. However, I think we've already talked about this matter, I guess it just takes ppl to be open minded, I believe. Or at least that's the way I think. For what I've tlaked to you you seem to be a very open minded person as well, so probably it is just that you are surrounded by a whole bunch of morons who are not yet at your mental level (that is, lower than yours, I must make clear)

It's always good to have that "shield" but it can be real annoying if it's one of those "impenetrable shields that only a few chosen can pierce " (I'm serious) (I've met some ppl who use that "shield" and they usually turn out to be real annoying and I just lose interest in such ppl real quick. And just because they're so hard to get close to.)

I just say "open up a little bit, more than usual" It's always good to be at the defence, of course. Being too opened to other people can lead to trouble as well.

OK, now, more centered to the main question........ I have always felt alone. Although I have my mom and dad who I love so much, and i know that they are worried about me and love me and all, it's just like, not enough. Maybe I am a jerk and I am too greedy. As or friends.... I don't have any, the few ones I called like that are now very far away from me and email is the only way we communicate. I need that physical presense (sp?). I'm a very kinesthetic person, and that's a real disadvantage when it comes to the matter of solitude or company.

I feel empty everyday. Emptyness of love, and that same emptyness of company, that lack of someone to talk to about your stuff. The lack of having someone who really does worry about you and at least tries to help you out.

So, basicaly, solitude means to me, both the physical lack of company, but the lack of a deeper relation with otehr people as well. I'm suffering from both right now

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:08 AM   #9
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
i'm considered an outsider. not many people like me, and i'm very different from anyone i know, even my few good friends. So all in all, i'm always alone because i have nothing to do in the social world. people are very different from me, and so they don't make me feel like i'm one of them. So i feel very alone. Like meryl said, whenever i'm in a conversation, i'm not really a part of it, just an ignored voice, so it's like i'm not there, and as if they ere not there as well. So a feeling of being alone is always present.

But whenever i'm with my friends, who i can actually call friends, i'm never alone, because i'm filled with a sence of inportance, or meaning when i'm with them.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:20 PM   #10
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
I like that feelin'... I try to be alone as often as I can.
I'm not really what you can call a 'people person'
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:51 PM   #11
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
there is two sides to this for me that is 1- the way that I am around people is mearly a cover for the way I really am, and 2 we are alone are we not in the end all we can count on is our selves to get through everything, no one helps us when we really need it

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:24 PM   #12
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Yeah, it really depends on how I feel a certain day. A lot of the time I just love to be alone or with my parents, I rarely want to be out with my friends for some reason.

Right now I don't want to do anything. As usual when I have to work on that day. I like to either play my PS2, draw/paint/sculpt, or just wander around the net and look at art.

I barely have any friends that actually make me feel like I'm a part of something or that I understand/they understand me. No one I can just laze around with, play games or just do nothing with except one of them. Luckily she just lives down the street from me but we rarely call each other because both of us dont like the phone. We both work this summer, and I personally don't like calling people because I feel as though I'm bothering them.

Sometimes I create characters to keep me company. I know, it's pathetic. When I try and draw them they never turn out right, it really angers me. Then I get mad and read a book to calm down. Heh.

Also, unrequieted love sucks. When I'm lonely I picture me cuddling with this guy, but it's always just in my mind. It's pretty sad now that I think of it... I guess there's always that unattainable /someone/ we think we would rather be with.

Sorry guys but I'm in one of those 'everything sucks' moods. Can't be happy all the time.

I'll shut my trap now.
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:29 PM   #13
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Loneliness is part of everyday's life, as many other things. This may sound harsh and cruel to say, but I think people who never feel lonely are not not really clever or capable of alalyzing themselves.
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:38 PM   #14
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
mog Re: Do you ever feel lonely?

Quote:

Sometimes I think loneliness can be boredom. I feel alone sometimes. Alone is more towards a deeper relation with others, I guess, If you wanted to pick one. For some reason if I'm with myself or should say by myself I don't feel alone. If you really think of it loneliness can just be a side effect of boredom, sadness or depression. Peace yo.

In school I have friends. In class I used to sit in the back away from everyone. I really didn't like to be bothered and it was my chance to be alone, I still do that sometimes. Now I seem to make a bit more enemies these days because of my friends.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had
Lost_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:27 AM   #15
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
there are sometimes when i want to be alone and not but for some reason im just mad at the world my past i have been bullied so i usally hated the world....i actully like to be alone quite abit but sometimes i like to go out in the world and have fun but at my school...im mostly a loner...so mostly im alone there so i like to be alone alot.
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:46 AM   #16
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I like to be alone, because I'm a really selfish person, but sometimes I'm envious of the persons who can spend a lot of time with other people without feeling out of place. If you need to talk with someone, about your interests or about youself, you'll never be able to find anyone interested if you spend most of your time being alone and being happy with your loneliness. There's no need to say that I think this is what you deserve when you enjoy your selfishness, but still I think it's hard to cope with these opposite feelings.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:51 AM   #17
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sorry........But Its Long!.!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune
I like to be alone, because I'm a really selfish person, but sometimes I'm envious of the persons who can spend a lot of time with other people without feeling out of place. If you need to talk with someone, about your interests or about youself, you'll never be able to find anyone interested if you spend most of your time being alone and being happy with your loneliness.
Well I Have To Say, I Agree With What Fortune Says Here. Cause I Am Type Of A Person Too Whos Love Being Alone. But My Reasons Could Be Different.

Ok This May Sound Totally Stupid But.......... I Love VideoGames. I Am GAME Maniac. In My Family Nobody Likes VideoGames, They Seriously HATE VideoGames. They Think Its The WORST Past Time A HumanBeing Can Do. They Despise VideoGames. ...... And Where I Come From (Dubai) ....... There Weren't Any True Gamers, All I Had Were 2 Friends (Into VideoGames And Metal Gear) Thats It. All My Other Friends Were Into BBoy Or Cricket Or Something OTHER Then GAMES!.!

Thats Why I Lock My Room, Play VideoGames Alone. Sometimes I Did Some Playstation Parties (Which Went In Well) But Still..... I Like To Be ALONE Most Of The Time As People Dont Like My Intrest!

But Its True....Once U Spend Alot Of Time With Ureself...... U Cant Share True Feelings With Other People And EXPECT Them To Be ALL HAPPY About It. Like Fortune Said!.!

But Still I Like Being Alone. Even If I Am In A RAVE PARTY. I COULD Feel Lonely................... And Staying ALONE In My ROOM Could Be Me FEEL Like I Am Having A Blast!.! (Feelings That I Have)!
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:54 PM   #18
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Do you think it's good a for a person to avoid social situations only because this person likes to be alone?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:06 PM   #19
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune
Do you think it's good a for a person to avoid social situations only because this person likes to be alone?
I don't think that's a good thing, unless you are a true, true hermitt. It's always good to have your moments of solitude, and others of companionship. Sometimes you enjoy a lot activities when you are alone, and you better be alone to enjoy them the most, but then there's other kind of activities you'll need some company if you really want to enjoy them...

Well, I guess it just goes according to each person's personality... as I think I've said before, I HATE to be alone, solitude always brings me sadness and depression, and unfortunately, right now I'm lonelier than ever.

I like to be able to play games alone and stuff, but even if I'm a a gamer, games are not my life, definitely.

Ah, what to do, what to do?

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:49 PM   #20
Lilly

Lilly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
I like that feelin'... I try to be alone as often as I can.
I'm not really what you can call a 'people person'
There is a difference between healthy solitude, to antisocial disorders.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote