Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:53 AM   #1
silverfox21

silverfox21 is on a distinguished road
Advice on comparisons: games like Primal and Drakan

I've played Primal and Drakan the Ancient's gate (PS2) and was wondering if someone could advise on games that are similar to play please?
silverfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #2
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Hello Silverfox!

Games like and much better than Primal abound on PlayStation 2. You can try Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, Legacy Of Kain: Defiance, and Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen (the worst of the series, even though the story is interesting). These are all titles with terrific storylines, gothic atmosphere, and nice gameplay. Bloodrayne is similar to Primal, but the game lacks quality. If you like gothic atmospheres and a lot of pure action, the Devil May Cry series is another great choice.

Sadly, I find it difficult to find a game like Drakan on PlayStation 2. It is one of the often forgotten titles of the whole line-up, but it's actually one of the best Adventure RPGs I have ever played on any platform. There are no games that give you the same sense of true adventure in a medieval setting on PlayStation 2; anyhow, if you haven't tried them yet, don't miss Shadow Of The Colossus (it is not even close to the complexity of Drakan in terms of game mechanics (you basically roam in an empty wasteland and fight titanic gods of stone throughout the game, "nothing" more), but it's a really unforgettable experience), God Of War (more traditional adventure game with terrific level design and excellent gameplay), or Mark Of Kri (adventure with one of the best combat systems ever developed for a console). Curiously, these are all games developed by SCEI or second party developers. You can also try Lord Of The Rings games from EA (decent action games, but little more than that) or The Fellowship of The Ring by the same developers of Drakan, but keep in mind it's a very very short adventure.

We have reviewed most of the older titles in my list; reviews of the other games will be published on the new website as soon as it launches in the next weeks.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #3
silverfox21

silverfox21 is on a distinguished road
Thank you very much for your reply. I agree Drakan was a great game, I loved it. I would very much like to see your new website. It is possible you could let me know when it is up and running. You understand the games I like and It would be really good to see your reviews of games. May I ask you what you think of the latest Tomb Raider - 'Legend' ? The Fellowship of the ring sounds interesting. Again, thank you for your reply.
silverfox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #4
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
No problem.

Since you have registered to the forums, you will be notified via e-mail once the new website launches.

Speaking of Tomb Raider: Legend, it is definitely a good game. We have a review ready for it, written by Meryl, which will be published when the new network goes live (our url will change from ps2fantasy.com to psfantasy.com - the ps2 website will be available at ps2.psfantasy,com). We gave the game a good score; unlike the terrible installments that preceded it, Legend really tries to offer players a good adventure and a great storyline. The game was developed by Crystal Dynamics, the same team behind the Legacy Of Kain series. Crystal Dynamics took one full year just to research what was good and what was bad in past games of the series; then, they developed new game mechanics, redesigned the characters, and finally gave the game a deeper atmosphere. I have never been a great fan of Tomb Raider, by Legen is worth playing.

About the Fellowship Of The Ring, remember what I told you - it is a really short and average game, and it is evident a lot of stuff was left out because of the lack of development time. You can find the review on the website (the score is low, but read the full article if you are interested). It is a fun game, but if you can't find it for less than 10 dollars, just rent it. I think you can buy it on eBay for 5 dollars, or little more.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote