Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Grand Theft Auto Forum

Old Oct 29th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #21
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushu4eva
Has anyone tried swimming yet? i'm still waiting for my copy of the game but i been waiting since iheard news of it and i'm going CRAZZZZZZZZZZZY, GUESS I CAN WAIT A LITTLE LONGER. aare the police really tougher than in the past installments?

police are tougher i notice...I tried swimming to the blocked off section in the begginging of the game and I automatically got 4 stars and died tryin to swim back. The lights on the cop helis really do blind you so you cant see where the f your going and the bike cops (ala Chips) shoot on sight, even if its only one star.

swimming is nice though you need to build your lung capacity to do any good diving because you'll have to come up for air (i drowned once)
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM   #22
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I haven't gotten very far...I've finished all of Sweet, Big Smoke, and OG's missions...I still have Officer Tenpenny and Ryder's missions to do...but I am still very much lost because the massiveness of the areas.

I love the movements of the characters, their gestures and all...very realistic...good thing about motion capture...

I think the dialogue is very good as well...the voices really fit each character (like OG Loc...oh boy...they couldn't have picked a better dude).

The whole customizing thing...well....that's okay to me...I mean, I don't personally like it too much because...well...it just takes up too much time, IMO. I think I'm just confused on how to build those up...like, how do you build up stamina? Do you have to eat a lot or something? I just don't want CJ to get fat otherwise he can't run and I enjoy running quickly...am I'm running everywhere, but my stamina gauge is still very low...

The camera during driving (as I've already mentioned in another thread) really annoy the hell outta me...I hate how the camera doesn't automatically shift with turning corners and all that now. You have to use the analog stick to move the camera's position...that's just a bother to me.

Otherwise, the whole game is pretty great, but I still think I prefer GTA3 and VC more.

But, I need help. I'm stuck on a mission...

It's the Ryder mission called "Robbing Uncle Sam" and I can't get the stupid forklift in the truck...is there something I gotta do?

Also, where can I find that truck you need to use if you're gonna rob houses? Thanks in advance.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #23
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Yeah the swimming is a good feature, I was doing about 100mph on my pcj 600 and it hit a fence I flew 30 yards into a canal I thought in grand theft auto old fashion style crap I’m going to drown start back at the hospital, but no I could swim, a brilliant feature but about time to.

Also under the water you can find stuff, I saw a motorbike (dirt bike) just rusting away at the bottom, I wonder if you can find corpses and any goodies?
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #24
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Dactrius is on a distinguished road
Meryl, the "Robbing Uncle Sam" mission requires you pick up the crates with the forklift and put them in the truck. Position the forklift near the crates, use the right analogue stick to lower the forks and then scoop up a crate by moving towards it. Raise the forks again with the analogue stick and put it in the truck.

To avoid getting fat, exercise a lot and use the treadmill in a Gym. So long as you only eat when you're injured, you'll be fine. I find the treeadmill loses fat a lot quicker then the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan da man
I wonder if you can find corpses and any goodies?
The stats screen shows a statistic called "Pearls Found", so I guess you can find pearls down there.

[PS2]: N/A
[XBox]: N/A
[GC]: N/A
[PC]: N/A
Dactrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #25
GameMind

GameMind is on a distinguished road
Did any one find the tank yet ??
About the camera.. didn`t you try to edit informations in the Options.. you might find something about the Camera stuff, otherwise it will be realy annoying in the hard missions

Last edited by GameMind; Oct 30th, 2004 at 09:57 AM..
GameMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #26
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
the pearls looks like oysters...iv found only one

theres one right after you finish the mission of when your sent to ammunation and then to reclaim the purple area

its in the small watering pond in that area.

and you build stamina by running alot or by using the bike in the gym (the farthest from the door)
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #27
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRUCKIS
the pearls looks like oysters...iv found only one
Yeah, I meant to say Oysters, not Pearls. Sorry.

Old Oct 30th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #28
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Also I haven’t found a secret package yet, I’m sure they have been replaced by that spray can tags you have to do saying "grove street 2 life"

Im also annoyed about the sound track, I don’t find anyway near as good as Vice cities, I like Rap alot but its always on repeat (same songs over and over) God damnit, I find it like that anyway.

The maps yellow dots are annoying to find and mission names on the map, e.g. R for ryder, I always have to use the special target to equip

***UP AND COMING SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOUR NOT ON THE Madd Dogg MISSIONS***

I’m stuck on the mission where you have to go to MG mansion and go to his studio and rob the tapes, (stealth mission, I looked all over the mansion and couldn’t find the studio anywhere, any help or tips would be appreciated, thanks.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #29
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Madd Dogg's mission huh? Okay, this from memory, so sorry if it's not accurate.

It's on the bottom floor, just after the bar I think. There's a dark room with rows of albums in it, and across the hall is the recording studio. It's actually really simple to find. As you leave the bar area, you'll go right, down a small corridor. The darkened album room is on your left. Go in and out the door on your right. There's a guy facing away from you to your right. Knife him and you'll be stood next to the door to the recording studio.

And yeah, the soundtrack sucks in my opinion, apart from a handful of tracks.

And the tags thing, I'm not sure about. I have 11 and I didn't get a powerup or anything like packages gave you. So I don't know.

Old Oct 30th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #30
GameMind

GameMind is on a distinguished road
Sound tracks!! Is this when are you playing or only when driving a car??
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #31
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

Billyum7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Me and my little sister play multi player all the time lol..im pretty far on it.. on prgression made Im 24.06% which is crazy cuz i play every day like all day that shows how big it is...ive already seen back stabbers and all this junk...on multiplayer u can play pool,rampages, and when u get your girlfriend denise you can go to her house and go on the lil red house and the 2nd player can free roam as her..so i guess there is multiplayer free roam but u have to stay close to each other..

I am the Grand Theft Auto GuRu

My FORUMS
Billyum7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #32
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Anyoen who's gotten to the first break in mission where u steal the weapons, can u help me find th eblack van to do this. Ive gotten riled up looking for it.

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #33
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

well theres one across the street from the gym in los santos..

My FORUMS
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #34
Daniel Legge
Dark Horse

Daniel Legge is on a distinguished road
yeah the multiplayer is really fun. I was well chuffed when i found out bout it. Im on the maddog mission with the tapes as well, iv only had one go so far cos i had to go out, will go try again in a bit.

The soundtrack is not as good as VC, my fav song on there has to be Welcome to the jungle tho.

Also when driving you have to use the left anologue stick, and when you move it up and down the camera moves up and down, so if when turning you accidently move it up or down the camera can end up anywhere. Apart from that, best game on PS2 for me.

The true master only engages the worthy opponent!
Daniel Legge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #35
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactrius
Madd Dogg's mission huh? Okay, this from memory, so sorry if it's not accurate.

It's on the bottom floor, just after the bar I think. There's a dark room with rows of albums in it, and across the hall is the recording studio. It's actually really simple to find. As you leave the bar area, you'll go right, down a small corridor. The darkened album room is on your left. Go in and out the door on your right. There's a guy facing away from you to your right. Knife him and you'll be stood next to the door to the recording studio.

And yeah, the soundtrack sucks in my opinion, apart from a handful of tracks.

And the tags thing, I'm not sure about. I have 11 and I didn't get a powerup or anything like packages gave you. So I don't know.
Hey man thanks, but I did it before no problem before, I like them stealth mission adds more spice to the GTA series.

Yeah the camera angle is a real problem it turns to slow and when you stand up on your bike you cant see where your going, I’m not changing it as I always you that camera angle, just why have they left it like this?!?
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #36
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

i dont have to use the right analog to drive..? so i never mess up with camera angles..i dont know what you guys are talking about.

My FORUMS
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM   #37
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactrius
Meryl, the "Robbing Uncle Sam" mission requires you pick up the crates with the forklift and put them in the truck. Position the forklift near the crates, use the right analogue stick to lower the forks and then scoop up a crate by moving towards it. Raise the forks again with the analogue stick and put it in the truck.
Hehe, yeah, I got it now, thanks. What happened was the message that came up that said "Now put the forklift into the truck" appeared after I had already put in all 4 crates. So, I got confused and thought the message was telling me to put the forklift into the truck.

Also dan, the Mad Dogg mission if you haven't gotten through yet:

Once you grab the tape or whatever and you hide back into that dark room, there's gonna be a guard that will walk around...you can't see him because it's pitch black...but try to kill him with stealth...otherwise, if you leave the area and emerge into the light, he'll see you and gun you down. Also, if you have the silenced gun in the beginning, it's much easier to take care of the guards. You can get it near the Conference Center as you're making your way to the mansion (it's that huge building near A Little Mexico).

GameMind, the soundtracks are in the car not in the game. They are the radio songs that play while you're in a car. Yeah, I also don't think the soundtrack is as good as VC or GTA3. I always turn the radio off.

And yeah, there's nothing to do about the camera angles...I hate them with a passion, it's such a bother.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 10:11 PM   #38
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Ive been trying to figure out what kind of multiplayer action there is, is it just mini games for multiplaer, or stuff liek runnin around the city?

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #39
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

well like I said i dont know if this has happened to you or not i dont think it did ro u would know this..but when you get a girlfriend(denise) you can go to her house and when she is home theres a lil red thing on her doorstep..go on it 2 player hit start and the 2nd player will be her..now you can free roam with each other but you cant stray that far away from each other..she can do anything carl can...and you can do rampages im pretty sure..and i you can play pool in the bar..those are the only multi player things i have found out..

My FORUMS
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM   #40
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg

And yeah, there's nothing to do about the camera angles...I hate them with a passion, it's such a bother.
Tip for you, when you turn your car, 90, 180, 360 degree whatever, the camera cant keep up so hit R2 and L2 together (look behind button) the camera will automatically switch to the car view, still a pain is the ass though.