Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Creativity Forum

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #1
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Much ado about websites and such

Thought I may as well share with you all a few of my recent artistic attempts... In descending order of success, starting at "I actually almost like this"

1. Puppeteer, SHODAN fanlist:
https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/puppeteer
- a fanlist for SHODAN of system shock, designed and owned by me. Flashy buttons and all. Make that Flashy Buttons and dumb impersonation and all.

2. Toybox Relm:
https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/...l/relmdoll.jpg
- More relm... I did hope to use this for a Relm fanlist, but I've yet to come up with layout to suit it (or a decent layout for any website for that matter. I think it's kind of sweet, if a little basic.)

3. Forever Loyal, Yakkuru fanlist:
https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/foreverloyal
- a fanlist for Yakkuru / Yakkul from Princess Mononoke. The layout is nice enough, but its not fantastic...

4. Lost (in more ways than I intended) girl:
https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/...l/lostgrrl.jpg
- I almost don't want to talk about this - part of my most recent failure. I wanted to make this part of a website layout but well... the layout sucked. And then I started to feel that this picture sucked as well. Seems like 5 days just got thrown away on that one (though it could have been double that I suppose...)

5. Dogmech:
https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/...il/dogmech.jpg
- a robot, with a head shaped like a dog. in space. on some very tall skyscrapers. I got bored before I finished colouring it, so here is the pencil-line original.

---

Strangely, this lot is probably the biggest output i've ever had, despite the fact that I feel that i've got some kind of artist's block (either that, or I just plain suck. Hell, I know I do - but I only draw and design for my own enjoyment anyway.) Comments and criticism welcome as always
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #2
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
A love all of these!!
1-The first web site is SO awesome, I can say enough about it! The colour scheme and images (and wonderful flashy buttons!) give it a really cool mood and atmosphere. It's easy to find your way around too which is always something you want to have in a website! The only thing with it is that there's a lot going on so it's a little daunting to look at first, but once you see where everything is it's awesome!

2-Aww! It's so cute! you've really got a great sense of angles now, more-so than your earlier works, I think. I really like the angle, and you have her and the paints on a perfect 'floor', everything is grounded, which is pretty tough to do, I usually have to draw out this big complicated floor grid to do that! I also love the attitude in this too, and the colouring, but I always love your colouring!

3-This layout has to be one of my ulimate favourites, of all the websites I've seen, and I'm serious! i LOVE the colours (I'm obsessed with those blues greens and oranges, remember my room?!) and the vertical set-up is so different and appealing, it's simple too, which is always something that is really good, because simple is always effective! And I really like the font in the header titles too!

4-This is a really cool concept, and I dont think you completely wasted your time, because you did learn from it! I hope.. heh, well I like to think you can learn something from every life experience! I really like how the borders are clouds, and the pink and yellow bits add a lot of depth. The colouring is fabulous, and the drawing itself holds a lot of emotion and mood, which is always a good thing to get across. The only thing with the figure is the arms and skirt are kinda lumpy... in the arm you've got some lines that sort of puff out, then the other end of the line intersects the mass of the arm, and another line puffs out, and so on. If that makes sense?! A technique that I was taught is to always always have 'curves against straights'; so say if you have a curved line on one side of the arm (curving inwards on the front), the other side will be a straight line. ..if any of that makes sense? I dont mean to offend you but only to offer little tips I've learned that I've found helped me and might help you!

5-There is absolutely nothing I dont like about this!!! It's so awesome! I love how he's balancing and standing on the building like that, and the expression, and the attention to detail! Are you going to colour it, I can't wait to see it!!!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #3
TheDapperDon

TheDapperDon is an unknown quantity at this point
get a life godzoox
TheDapperDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #4
Gadzoox
goon squad

It's 'gadzoox'. And I already have a fantastic life, but thanks for the encouragement nonetheless!
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzoox
2-Aww! It's so cute! you've really got a great sense of angles now, more-so than your earlier works, I think. I really like the angle, and you have her and the paints on a perfect 'floor', everything is grounded, which is pretty tough to do, I usually have to draw out this big complicated floor grid to do that! I also love the attitude in this too, and the colouring, but I always love your colouring!
Well, after getting all stroppy about this one I had another go at a layout and finally worked it in. See https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/illustrated for my Relm Fanlist, "Illustrated Girl" Hope you like ... its not quite as good as Puppeteer (not as feature filled, and I'm not sure I can beat CG art), but I still like it . For the colouring I actually added a duplicate image over the top of the first one to make it look darker... I think it looks better that way Its reassuring to hear that you think my perspective is improving a little... I'll keep practicing ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzoox
3-[snip!] i LOVE the colours (I'm obsessed with those blues greens and oranges, remember my room?!) and the vertical set-up is so different and appealing, it's simple too, which is always something that is really good, because simple is always effective! And I really like the font in the header titles too!
Hehe... a fanlist for something like Princess Mononoke is pretty easy really, simply because the art is so fantastic. My favorite bit of the page has to be the top because it blends an action shot (Ashitaka / Yakkul jumping the Samurai) with the amazing panoramic drawings of the mountains that were at the begining of the film... Plus I used the "Final Fantasy font" (Runic MT Condensed - also seen on Marlboro cigarettes and Mononoke) and it looked suitably cinematic. As for the colours... I think actually, I was just looking at my wallpaper! I have a Blue and Green vertical striped room (I like the colours - actually, I just like all colours ^^). BTW, if you haven't seen Mononoke (or Spirited Away for that matter), please do - you'll love them i'm sure

Quote:
4-The only thing with the figure is the arms and skirt are kinda lumpy... in the arm you've got some lines that sort of puff out, then the other end of the line intersects the mass of the arm, and another line puffs out, and so on. If that makes sense?! A technique that I was taught is to always always have 'curves against straights'; so say if you have a curved line on one side of the arm (curving inwards on the front), the other side will be a straight line. ..if any of that makes sense? I dont mean to offend you but only to offer little tips I've learned that I've found helped me and might help you!
I'll bear this in mind I'm always greatful for tips, and you're certainly a reliable source for them!

Quote:
5-There is absolutely nothing I dont like about this!!! It's so awesome! I love how he's balancing and standing on the building like that, and the expression, and the attention to detail! Are you going to colour it, I can't wait to see it!!!
I'm sure i'll get back to it eventually... I think part of my problem was that I simply couldn't come up with a colour scheme that didn't seem to dark... or one that seemed a little too happy for a skyscraping robot dog thing!

Thanks for taking so much time to appraise and suggest with what I've made, I really, really appreciate it! I've just been a bit busy with school work and holidays to get back to you. I hope all is forgiven ^^
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #6
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
get a life godzoox
wow, you registered and everything just for that..you must really have an exciting life. What grand adventure do you have lined up next?..oh wait i know, you're probably just gonna sit and pick your nose or something.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 10:11 AM   #7
Gadzoox
goon squad

I do really like the layout you made with that pic! Very nice!!!
I've seen Mononoke and own Spirited Away!! Miyazaki's stuff is so incredible, I love it!
ah yeah, but i bet someday you'll just look at it and it'll come to you right away!!! I love it when that happens! ^^

No need at all to apologize for begin busy, I know exactly how it goes! ^^
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM   #8
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

I'm not sure that this is worthy of a new thread, so I'll fit into this one (which is nice and convienent!). My main page at https://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk has a new design... which i'm not 100% finished with. I just tired of looking at unfinished work, so I declared it finished . There isn't a hell of a lot there... just my fanlists and a lot of external links... Not sure what'll be up next. My "rants" would probably be easy to add, and likewise, my "art" can just reuse a lot of stuff from the old site...