Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:11 PM   #21
Lord_Of_NoTiNg
CheeseAndBreadGuy

Lord_Of_NoTiNg is on a distinguished road
Ok I think all the information is very well thought out and backed up,so I thought I would like to add something.

Ps2 can make some nice grachic here is some pics of a racing game coming from a developer in Japan.

https://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1568
scroll down and you will see them and read the what the creator said.Thank you
Lord_Of_NoTiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 01:56 PM   #22
Jon27

Jon27 is on a distinguished road
Quit arguing with this harry guy, if he likes using keyboards, and likes lots of lag and few players, let him bump the PS online stratagy.

Plus i think a good example of how fantastic the playstation 2 graphics are is go take a look at the wreckless screen shots, those are hella good, and if you still think im serious then go take a look at the box's.

You know you can like a system for any reason you want, be it GTA, or controler, or whatever, just dont make up bull, or try to pull something out of nothing, the xbox has better graphics and has a better online stratagy simple as that.
Jon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:26 PM   #23
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
Better graphics is arguable, though I think PS2 is coming out with some of its last "unbelievable" games and taking the processor to the limits. Personally I believe the box has an edge at this point, but its really not far ahead of the ps2s graphics as it should be and as it will hopefully be in the future.

And though I do agree that broadband only is awesome for the serious gamer, it does suck for all those 56k'ers... though they will hopefully be getting broadband eventually at which point they can enjoy some virtually lag free games and see what a great idea it is.

By they way, I love keyboards and wish there was one for the xbox.
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 09:18 PM   #24
Jon27

https://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachme...yakuzaxbox.jpg

https://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachme...s2%20worst.jpg
hmm...

And you think PS2 could handle DOA, halo, or even Raw?

As i said like it for what ever reason you like but dont make up bull
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:49 PM   #25
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
People you are all missing harry's point.

Xbox SHOULD, and I again say SHOULD out power the PS2, it is 2 years older then the xbox, but like you even said, they are pritty much equal at this point. So theres one point for ps2.

Xbox will have the up in graphics and just about everything in a few years or maybe sooner, but im sorry if I don't go spend another $400 (only cause im in canada) on another system just to play the same game on Ps2 with graphics that are either the same, or minor in difference. The fact is PS2 came out earlier then the other two and is still in control of the market.

The online system is going to come down to weather microsoft wants to go global or focus on USA. If they want to go global they have at least 2 years for that, PS2 will have that under control in about 2 months (correct me if im wrong harry) either way its a lot sooner then 2 years.

Yes Xbox has its good sides, ill admit it, I really like the controller for the first part. And good for the hardrive, big thumbs up, but your talk about them offereing all this stuff with the starter kit is no different the PS2. You get a free game (twisted metal black:online = going to amazing) and when you get Socom you get the headset. So Its like getting 2 free games for the kit and the headset. I may spend a little more money, but at this point it seems worth it.

SIDE NOTE: Its people like some of the above who choose to be stupid and post on liners like "PS2 KICKS ASS, XBOX SUCKS" or "Xbox is better, end of story" that really have no idea whats going on and ruin a perfectly good debate.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:27 AM   #26
Jon27

dude yes xbox is newer and should out power PS2 and it does, did you look at the screens? Have you ever played any of those games? The graphics of the 2 are not debatable, this is the last place ive seen who still holds on to ps2 having just as good of graphics.

PS xbox costs only $300 CND, and at that price its a bargin
Old Aug 8th, 2002, 09:00 AM   #27
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon27
Quit arguing with this harry guy, if he likes using keyboards, and likes lots of lag and few players, let him bump the PS online stratagy.

Plus i think a good example of how fantastic the playstation 2 graphics are is go take a look at the wreckless screen shots, those are hella good, and if you still think im serious then go take a look at the box's.

You know you can like a system for any reason you want, be it GTA, or controler, or whatever, just dont make up bull, or try to pull something out of nothing, the xbox has better graphics and has a better online stratagy simple as that.
Just in case you didn't understand what I wrote - and from what you've written it seems so - just read jjmoohead post. He was very clear.

And speaking of the whole online strategy of Microsoft.... well we've written enough stuff in the previous posts.... so you should take your time and read them, because they are completely unbiased, while you don't seem to have an unbiased look over the Online thing.

Or you wouldn't say things like

"Quit arguing with this harry guy, if he likes using keyboards, and likes lots of lag and few players, let him bump the PS online stratagy."

That's completely pointless and senseless.

And we are not arguing, "Jon27 guy". I like talking with people who know what they're saying. Nobody here is against the Xbox. Actually, I sincerely think that Microsoft's console is a great piece of hardware, with many great games available and others coming out in the next months.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2002, 11:38 AM   #28
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon27
dude yes xbox is newer and should out power PS2 and it does, did you look at the screens? Have you ever played any of those games? The graphics of the 2 are not debatable, this is the last place ive seen who still holds on to ps2 having just as good of graphics.

PS xbox costs only $300 CND, and at that price its a bargin

Yeah thats the systems dude, If I got the same stuff as i did with my PS2 its over $400, actually its over $500, thats what I'm saying. (Don't forget in my area we have 14% sales tax, thats 14 cents on every dollar. $14 on ever hundred so before I even get a game Im already up to $342.

You know, extra controler and game, the DVD remote (needed to play DVD's), money starts adding up for the purchase of a game that I can get on the PS2. Im happier spending $80 (canadian) then over $400 for pritty much the same thing, even if it has a little less eye candy. don't you think?

My roomate has a Xbox so yes I have played most of the games out there and we have compaired the two systems. You will notice I said that xbox is a little better then ps2, but im not going to buy an xbox for something just a "little better".

You would think I wouldn't have to repeat myself over and over. Do some of you even read the previous posts? I would also like to GO ON THE RECORD and state, I never once stated the xbox was terrible and like harry believe they are good machines.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote