Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #1
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
War.

It's looking like War is set to happen no matter what the people of America or the rest of the United Nations think.

I can't even express words about my disgust over President Bush's warmongering. I've thought he was a wanker ever since he siezed office, but now he's gonna get American boys and innocent Iraqis killed. I don't understand how anyone can sit complacent in the face of this.. It's unbelievable that there are people that ignorant as to not see the state of the economy and the fact that we're being railroaded into a WAR! People were clamouring a few years ago for President Clinton to be impeached 'cause he got some from an intern, yet look at the country now!? Argh..!

What do you all think? Where does the blame lie? Do you think France and Russia should have not used thier veto powers so quickly and stubbornly? Do you think Dan Rather is to blame for not killing Saddam when he INTERVIEWED HIM?

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #2
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I'm no expert on Politics or Diplomacy... But I Agree with you 110%

To Put it Simply, I hate Bush, and Blair.

Bush is the quick to draw, dumb cowboy, and Blair is his "yes-man", weasly side-kick.

Wouldn't that make a great Cartoon?!
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #3
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
I agree with both of you: I despise Bush and Blair for their way of handling this situation.
They even tried to force the audience to believe that France, Germany and Russia are evil nations for not wanting to take part into this. I've read some incredibly stupid articles from USA and UK magazines telling those countries are only trying to get attention because they (oh God) don't want to start a war like this. I'm incredibly ashamed for all the bad propaganda spread by the media and especially for people believing this war is necessary for our own sake.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #4
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

I think war was the abvious choice from the start.
I'm pretty sure many, if not all, were expecting this to happen.

Like the rest who posted before, I too am incredibly disgusted by this. I can't believe Bush is completely ignoring the needs of his own country. Like Rei said, the US and its "followers" are making it seem as if the countries not wishing war are the evil conspirators of this plot, especially France.

I find all the reasons they've given for this war to be mediocre. Some say oil, some say genocide, and others say weapons.

For one : I don't see how some media can go ahead and say that this war is strictly because of oil, seeing as how the U$ has untapped oil in Texas and availability in Kuwait, Turkey, Venezuela, and more in Soudi Arabia. However, I guess that Bush abides by that saying, " the more the merier. "

Genocide... bah. The UN didn't/doesn't care for Saddam's past killings and sabbotages against humanity. How about the time when he was slaughtering innocent civilians after the Gulf War had ended ? The U$ didn't seem to care when Iraq was engaged in the eight-year war with Iran, during which hundreds of thousands of civilians on both sides were killed. How about when 5 thousand people died in Halabja from chemical "toys", which were deployed by Saddam as means of punishment for them having complemented with Iran ? I don't think so.

And then the famous weapons... I frankly don't see how Iraq posseses a threat to the U$ seeing as how they don't have the technology the U$ does and they are so far away. Then, of course, there could be a chance of Iraq supplying weapons to other terrorist groups, but hell, that threat exists within the Russian Black market too, and just about any other nation with such means.

This war is ludicrous... really, it is. *shakes head*
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #5
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Did you see the Press conference Bush had a couple of weeks ago? It was like a third world dictatorship! Freakin' SCRIPTED! Ugh. I'm moving to canada.

Edit:

BTW. Random Quote.

"Of course the people don't want war... That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
-- Hermann Goering, Adolf Hitler's Deputy Chief and Luftwaffe Commander, at the Nuremberg trials, 1946 from "Nuremberg Diary" by G M Gilbert.

The Matrix has you.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #6
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I hate Blair for gettin us Brits pulled into all this. Its Bush's war, sure it totally stupid, but if its gonna happen, we Shouldn't be joining us.

After All, we are so much closer, we are a better target than america, our troops are going to die for Bush's "Cause" and we're gonna get pulled down by the aftermath of the war. I Predict that the UN will be severely damaged, seeing how the UN is a System dedicated to Peace, hows it going to go when 2 of its top members say to the peace keepers "Bog Off, we're going to War, with or without your approval" Yeah, Some Peace eh?

I think I'll leave the UK after im done with University...

Nice Quote, really relates to all this

Oh btw, I dont pay too much attention to the news and I'm not too involved in politics and such, what I say is just really my opinion, and it may not be fact
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:55 PM   #7
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I think Bush is the worst president ever. People are going to rebel against war, and someone's gonna end up doing something about it.

I hate war and being forced into war and I think Bush is a loser.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #8
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
For those of you who know my more serious posts, I have a confession - I was wrong....

At first I was for the war, but then I researched things so I could make my own informed decision. I'm very disappointed at what has transpired.

The UN is now nothing more than a shambles. Bush and Blair have totally disregarded the rules and are now playing their own game.

There is no doubt that Hussain is an evil man, but he can be removed by other means than war. I simply do not believe they have explored all options. He is not going to be more of a threat in X amount of days.

At least during the previous Gulf War there was a valid reason (the invasion of Kuwait), this time I'm not so sure.

'War on Terrorism' is not a reason. For startes, Saddam is a completely different type of Muslim to Al Qu'ada. He has made NO aggresive moves towards other nations. Hell, North Korea are more of a threat right now.

I'm all for removing Hussain from a position of power, but war is not the answer. My brother is in the British Army, he's a Tank Commander, and he will be sent once it kicks off. My brother could die in Iraq - I don't want that to happen.

I have never trusted Blair... This truly is a sad day in my relatively short life...

- S
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #9
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

North Korea is indeed much more of a threat, Spank. But, as Bill Maher said, Bush won't be concerned until Kim Jong Il's nukes can reach a RED state.

I'm sorry to hear about your Brother too, man.. It's insane that people are going to die for the Bush family obsession.. *sighs*

The Matrix has you.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #10
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackThornn

North Korea is indeed much more of a threat, Spank. But, as Bill Maher said, Bush won't be concerned until Kim Jong Il's nukes can reach a RED state.

I'm sorry to hear about your Brother too, man.. It's insane that people are going to die for the Bush family obsession.. *sighs*
Cheers man, thanks for your support. But he has to do his job or be branded a traitor to the crown....

Right now I would so like to slap that stupid, false and inane grin off Blair's big eared head...

- S
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #11
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
People do you not see what you have said? Yes, war is wrong, killing is wrong, stealing is wrong. But do you not know what these terrorists do? Not just to Americans but to their own country people! I think the war is one that is needed, but this might be the worst time for a war since WWII, at least for America. Our economy is in terrible shape, compared to a couple years ago. But look around at other countries and tell me if you can find 2 better off? It is not like it is that bad.

Sadam should have been taken care of a while back. For those that think war has been the only attempt at killing him you are wrong. You don't think his own people have tried to kill him? He is getting old and will die soon according to research. I am afraid he might want to go out with a bang.

Another thing that makes me sick is that everybody is pinning this thing on Bush and Blair. This is not a dictatorship; they are not the only ones that make decisions in their respective countries.

And I don't want to hear, "I've got a relative that is in the army. He could die.". I feel sorry for that person only if he or she was FORCED to join a service. Which, even then, is impossible. They joined knowing full right that they COULD die. Chances are not likely though. Given that a nuke would be one of the only ways to die, and that right there justifies the war. Give a mad man some toys and he will want to play.

I really don't care if that is cruel. It is how I feel.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #12
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Preventer Wind, what's diplomacy for then? Terrorists won't die, they won't be extinguished by this war. If you think they will, it's like saying you still believe in fairytales... This is not a war against terrorism, just to make it clear. It's the population that will suffer and probably perish because of all this situation. While the US will happily keep on celebrating stupid events like the Academy Awards...
Terrorists don't give a damn even if the whole world goes and erases Iraq from the face of this planet.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #13
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

War is wrong. Saddam is evil, but there are OTHER SOLUTIONS!

Bush SIEZED OFFICE! HE WAS NOT ELECTED BY THE MAJORITY!

He is a false, farce president obsessed with his father's unfinished business that is going to get americans killed on a cause that is USELESS! Saddam hasn't supported Terrorism for over 10 years! He is not in league with Osama! NORTH KOREA on the other hand has nukes and HAS SOLD THEM TO TERRORISTS. The ACTUAL terrorists who attacked us on 9/11.

Here's the situation..

Bush: Iraq, you'd better get rid of your nuclear weapons or
we'll bomb you!

Iraq: We don't have any nuclear weapons.

N Korea: We do.

Bush: Well then get rid of your chemical weapons!

Iraq: We don't have those either!

N Korea: Ummm...we have nukes now.

Bush: We KNOW you've got chemical and nuclear weapons! Get rid of them!

Iraq: Even if we did, which we don't, we can't even hit the USA!

N Korea: We can nuke California all we want.

Bush: Shuddup North Korea, no one cares! Iraq, you'd BETTER
disarm!

Iraq: But we don't HAVE anything!

N Korea: Oh **** it, blow up Los Angeles...

Bush: Iraq, I'm warning you... *BOOM*

Bush: "we are sick and tired of your missiles hitting us, iraq...but we cant understand why they are flying in from the pacific ocean!

North korea: "he CAN'T be that stupid."
saddam: apparently he is. i myself havent even made any missile that goes beyond walking distance."

The Matrix has you.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:13 PM   #14
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
It's more like this...

Bush: We are tired of your terroristical actions and we are going to take hostilic action against yours country.

Saddam: What? You'll need to clarify what you're saying, because I don't understand it. What terrorists? Osama isn't even here.

Bush: What does clarify mean?

Preventer Wind, I understand what you mean, but you have to know that it doesn't have to get to these extremes. War is far from necessary. We can send a special forces team to find out of Afganistan is carrying lethal weapons or massing an army. We can send peace workers to Iraq to discuss less-hostile actions.

Bottom line, Bush and Blair are idiots, and if it comes to war, I won't rest until I hear about Bush being dropped from office. I'll go to jail if I have to, I'll stop paying taxes, I'll boycott. I am that much strongly against war. Some people believe in fighting for no reason, some believe in fighting for any little small reason, and some people believe in fighting... To stop fighting.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:15 PM   #15
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

^ lol amen, Thornn...

I agree with what you said... Bush isn't the rightful president of America. He really isn't.

Quote:
Our economy is in terrible shape, compared to a couple years ago. But look around at other countries and tell me if you can find 2 better off? It is not like it is that bad.
Well, the United States is the most capitalistic nation in the world, which in turn gives the economy within the country a higher boost, but that also has to do with different work ethics, like for example England, which tends to be more on the social side. However, capitalistic does not mean "go out and take over the world through use of military force," now does it ? Rather, I think it's more like, "go out and take over the world through use of economics." However, that stance doesn't seem to really work outside of our Western world.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:16 PM   #16
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
I am worried about the war, but I hate those(In America mind you) who insult the soldiers of the U.S.

But what I'm really concerned about is the UN. Why you ask?

Because they've proved useless to solve international conflict.
They only suggest action, they're not requiring them to take ANY action at all.

Like the League of Nations. ^^;
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #17
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
War is the end of all diplomacies. Hussein ain't a righteous innocent man, but it's Bush who killed every diplomacy. Bush and his followers. His sidekicks, like mark0 said. In wars like this one there isn't a right or a wrong side. There's only people who'll have to pay the consequences. And the only sure thing is that whatever happens these persons won't be Bush or Blair or Hussein...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #18
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
I live in America and i dont even care about this war... It is like thorn said i think..."bushs family obsession". I hate living in a country that is so "free" where we have virtually no freedoms. We have set up all these walls for freedoms and have found ourselves entraped by them and have no place to go now. Except to war. 9/11 was a tradgedy but get over it... Blood for Oil is not the answer to the terrorist threat. What do you think will happen when we do attack these other countries?? Peace?! My ass!! Equal and opposite reaction! Learn from history... I dont really want to talk about this right now... gotta sleep while i still can. F bush for his crap and F this country!! I used to be so patriotic but w/ our state of affairs where we have regressed into nohting short of a terrorist nation i cannot take pride. I am sorry for any offense this causes and i do believe in what i have said. I think about this subject day in and out... war is no answer...

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #19
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Oh boy.... of course.... I get my head bitten off....

I understand there are other ways going about it. But do you think they will work? What will have to happen? Do you people really think that if we ask Sadam nicely to become a nobel peace prizewinner he will? Come on, be realistic.

Sadam knows what he is doing. He is smart. Well not that smart but smart enough. The only way that will get Sadam out for sure is to wait. And, like I said, I don't want to wait and find out what will happen between now and then.

Don't give me that bull shit about Bush not being elected by the majority. The people have the power to control the government. Ask for a change in the way voting goes about. I would never vote for Bush but he got there. Gore couldn't even carry his own state....

Quote:
Originally posted by Rei
Preventer Wind, what's diplomacy for then? Terrorists won't die, they won't be extinguished by this war. If you think they will, it's like saying you still believe in fairytales... This is not a war against terrorism, just to make it clear. It's the population that will suffer and probably perish because of all this situation. While the US will happily keep on celebrating stupid events like the Academy Awards...
Terrorists don't give a damn even if the whole world goes and erases Iraq from the face of this planet.
Diplomacy failed a long time ago. The only diplomacy is a threat. "If you do not agree we will go to war!". "Show us your nukes or we will go to war!" You see? America is a bully with good intentions that often get misconstrued. Do you people remember 9/11? Look at how a lot of people looked at Bush. Look at it now. A lot has changed. Bush didn't change the people changed.

I agree that terrorism won't die but it will be weakened. I doubt the US Army will throw away lives. Colin Powell will not let that happen as long as he has some power. Not to mention the fact that the Air Force and Navy do most of the work then we send in the Army.

In the perfect situation Sadam would relinquish his power and go live the rest of his life some where. Some one will take over and turn Iraq from Oil Fields to riches. I am not one that thinks war is always necessary. This could help out the population if we were to take over Iraq. All that oil at a discount. We can develop a new ally and lose one enemy.

Oh and Rei you put down a couple of your anti-war supporters with that Academy Awards statement....

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 02:20 AM   #20
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
I dont think canada is going to help the US. I'm glad they aren't helping, killing only makes more killing. And the canadian army wouldn't be much help anyway. Our army is like one guy with a pointy stick.