Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » PlayStation Fantasy » Help And Faq Forum

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #1
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
unable to answer pm's

Ok i'm unable to answer to pm's i get, at first i thought it was something with my pc, but i don't think so anymore, everytime i try to answer pm's the browser blocks itself, and i have to (ctrl/alt/delete) and close it. So i need help with this. it only happens on these boards.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I checked, but I couldn't find a reason for this. Does thi happen to anybody else? Oris it temporary? Kaena, does it happen every time you try to reply?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM   #3
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I checked, but I couldn't find a reason for this. Does thi happen to anybody else? Oris it temporary? Kaena, does it happen every time you try to reply?
Hello, I checked the database and the submission page, and there is no error on our side. This may be caused by many things.

First of all, please try deleting your Internet Explorer cache. Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Delete Temporary Files. This may help if it is a problem with corrupted temporary files.

Another cause may be some problem of your Internet Explorer configuration and javascript. Whenever you try to submit a message, a small window generated with javascript should pop up to ask you if you want to request a receipt for the message. Can you tell me exactly at what point the system freezes?

Finally, please scan your system for spyware with AdAware or SpyBot. It is not impossible that some spyware may be triggered by some specific option on the PM submission page (even if it's very unlikely).

Let me know if you were able to solve the problem!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #4
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Oh, I've had the same problem. This has happened to me several times now. I have tried to reply to PMs, and the browser just kinda "freezes" and I have to close it, losing the PM. How annoying.

Harry, I don't know if this is the same with Kaena, but what happens to me is this: I reply, I click submit, and then I receive the pop-up, asking me about the receipt. As soon as I click either option, the browser freezes [as indicated by the pointer turning into an hourglass], and it won't do anything. I then end up having to close the browser, but that is so annoying cause the PM is lost.

BUT, I did notice that this happens to me only when I use IE. I regularly use Firefox and have had no experiences of this kind with that browser. Perhaps it's a mishap of the browser?

happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #5
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Hmmm it doesn't seem so, as here at PsFantasy everybody is using IE. Everybody experiencing this, could you please tell me which version of explorer are you using? Also, any anti-spyware software installed?

I really believe this is caused by some conflict between some spyware, anti-spyware or anti pop-up software and the javascript opening the read receipt pop-up...
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #6
Harry
Administrator

Hello,
we have fixed the javascript bit that may have been causing the issue. Apparently there was an error in one of the forum software javascripts that caused IE to crash on certain Windows machines.

To make sure your IE is not using the old cached version of the javascript files of the forums, please force the reload of the forums by pressing CTRL + F5.

After you have done so, please try to reply to a PM; if you still get an error, let us know!

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM   #7
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
oh oops, sorry i forgot to check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_doughnut
Harry, I don't know if this is the same with Kaena, but what happens to me is this: I reply, I click submit, and then I receive the pop-up, asking me about the receipt. As soon as I click either option, the browser freezes [as indicated by the pointer turning into an hourglass], and it won't do anything. I then end up having to close the browser, but that is so annoying cause the PM is lost.
But yes that was exactly it. But i just tried it again, and it works now, so whatever you did, Harry, worked! at least for me. thanks!
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote