Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » PlayStation Fantasy » Help And Faq Forum

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #1
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I'm havin a problem with.........

two of the quick link buttons up in the header.

All the buttons work for me except for the Arcade and Store buttons.
When I click on em my screen blibs and it goes nowhere?

These are the two links that get displayed in my addy bar when I click on each one, but no action.

https://forums.psfantasy.com/faq.php?#arcade

https://forums.psfantasy.com/faq.php?#shop

I don't see any way to get to those two sites without usin those quick links, maybe I'm missin something, any help would be appriciated.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Hi,

it's a problem caused by your browser and the javascripts used for the menus in the top of the forums. First of, I need to know

1 - Which browser and version are you using?
2 - Once the page has fully loaded, and you click on the "Arcade" button, do you see the menu or not?

If you can give me this info, I should be able to help. Meanwhile, just go to https://arcade.psfantasy.com for the arcade or https://forums.psfantasy.com/ushop.php for the shop.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
FATT47, please try now, using the same browser you used before. I tried to modify it so that non javascript users or users with support for older versions should still be able to access the arcade and shop main pages.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #4
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito
FATT47, please try now, using the same browser you used before. I tried to modify it so that non javascript users or users with support for older versions should still be able to access the arcade and shop main pages.
You Da Man Carlito! I came here first this mornin and tried the quick links like ya said before I did anything else and all seems to be a go for me now, Yes!
Both of those quick links work like clock work.

Just to let ya know, I'm usin a Mac with IE 5.1 version I believe, I for sure am no computer techie type but the java thang always seems to mess with Macs, it does for me anyway, might be the way things are set up in my system.

I appriciate your efforts, you all have a very cool and fun site here, I'm enjoyin myself a bunch, keep up the great work.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
Just to let ya know, I'm usin a Mac with IE 5.1 version I believe, I for sure am no computer techie type but the java thang always seems to mess with Macs, it does for me anyway, might be the way things are set up in my system.
I'm no Mac user, but I think the general concensus is that IE sucks. On any platform. I hear good things about Safari. Perhaps you'd have more luck with that. As an alternative you could try Firefox, but I hear that's not as good for Mac users (all PC users should be running it though!)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #6
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
I'm no Mac user, but I think the general concensus is that IE sucks. On any platform. I hear good things about Safari. Perhaps you'd have more luck with that. As an alternative you could try Firefox, but I hear that's not as good for Mac users (all PC users should be running it though!)
kupoartist, you missed the most important part of my message, when I said I'm not the techie type I meant it, not just borderline non-techie, like not techie at all, Nada, None!
Ya probably didn't miss that at all, I just felt like bringin more attention to that fact.

I have a Mac friend who's always kept me goin, actually he's given me his nice built up Macs as he's gotten bigger and better ones, he got me my first Mac about 15 years ago and he's been my only source of survival for all these years.

He lives a good distance from me but usually pays me a visit a few times a year, that's when he does his magic with an upgrade if needed or just some routine maintenance.
I'm into not messin with anything to much as long as it works for the most part, but the Java thing and browser choice are questions I'll have for him on his next visit.

Thanks for all your input here, this place seems to have some real good members, not like a few message board sites I've been hangin at lately.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #7
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
I gotta disagree a little about the "IE sucks" part though. Yeah it could use some more updated features, and yeah it's made by Microsoft... I'll give you that, but I gave up on experimenting with new browsers 2 or 3 years ago. Think the last one I tried was Opera and it was good but...

...alot of web sites just don't look or work like they are supposed to unless you use IE, since most web sites seem to be designed for IE, since most people seem to use IE. Yeah, I know, that's the way Bill Gates wants it. But hey, if you can't beat em, join em.

Just my 2 cents. I may try Firefox one of these days. I've heard some good things about it, but I've also heard people complain about not being able to use certain features of a site, so I don't know.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #8
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
I gotta disagree a little about the "IE sucks" part though. Yeah it could use some more updated features, and yeah it's made by Microsoft... I'll give you that, but I gave up on experimenting with new browsers 2 or 3 years ago. Think the last one I tried was Opera and it was good but...

...alot of web sites just don't look or work like they are supposed to unless you use IE, since most web sites seem to be designed for IE, since most people seem to use IE. Yeah, I know, that's the way Bill Gates wants it. But hey, if you can't beat em, join em.

Just my 2 cents. I may try Firefox one of these days. I've heard some good things about it, but I've also heard people complain about not being able to use certain features of a site, so I don't know.
Hey, how'd ya do those fancy colors in your text here, man I hate to try somethin I don't know how to use, I see the color bar above in the message window when ya post but I didn't want to touch anything that might break

I'm the same way, if it aint broke don't fix it or live with it I always say.
I wish I was the type that messed with this stuff more but I just don't want to devote the time to it all I guess, hey that's what friends are for right?
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
...alot of web sites just don't look or work like they are supposed to unless you use IE, since most web sites seem to be designed for IE, since most people seem to use IE
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. The simple fact is that you can't abandon IE entirely, but I do use Firefox 99% of the time. There is a handy little Firefox plugin which adds a "View this page in IE" option to the right click menu that makes it far less painful to view the few sites that have problems (and really, no good site has display problems in Firefox - just some back of the woods stuff you come across now and then. Fanlistings are among some of the most frequent non-workers in my experience).
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #10
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. The simple fact is that you can't abandon IE entirely, but I do use Firefox 99% of the time. There is a handy little Firefox plugin which adds a "View this page in IE" option to the right click menu that makes it far less painful to view the few sites that have problems (and really, no good site has display problems in Firefox - just some back of the woods stuff you come across now and then. Fanlistings are among some of the most frequent non-workers in my experience).
I might give Firefox a test drive in the next day or 2. It sure won't hurt to look at it. I just kinda gave up on the browser search, thinking if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But it is kinda depressing to think how long IE has been just like it is now. The only significant upgrades IE seems to have made in the last 5 years or so are security upgrades, which is good, but it seems they've lost touch with adding new features for the end user.