Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #1
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Misc FFNews Snippets: FFTAdv, FFXI, FFXII, FFX-2 etc.

FF Tactics Advance: Not too much to report, except that the game has been sucessfully released in the 3 main terriotories of Japan, USA and Europe. I've got my copy and am pleased: even if the plot is somewhat lacking, the excellent Tactics gameplay has been wonderfully utilised and is perfect in short blasts for the busy gamer. Go buy now if you haven't... if you don't have a GBA already, I seriously recommend you get one (and not just for Tactics either!)

FFXI - Online: Is now released in the US for PC, with a PS2 version available early next year. It has already been acclaimed, winning Japan's Consumer Entertainment Software Association (CESA) grand prize. To mark the release, Square-Enix USA has started it's "Vana'diel Tribunal", an online newspaper detailing goings on in the game world. Recently, an in game event was held for Halloween, where players could dress up in various "spooky" costumes. The Tribunal can be found at:
https://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vt/18/index.html

FFXII: Square-Enix have updated their estimates of their yearly profits (2 billion yen less) to account for the slipping of FFXII out of this fiscal year. Basically, that means that Japan won't get FFXII before the end of March 2004, with an April 2004 release as the best case scenario.

FFX-2:As reported on PS2Fantasy, FFX-2 will be released in the USA on the 18th of this month (18th november, dummy!), just in time for you North Americans to add it to your Chrimbo lists. The offical website is now open, and can be found at: https://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/FFX-2/

and Finally... PS1 Budget Releases (US): Square Enix is set to rerelease four of the Playstation's more popular (and equally critically acclaimed) square titles: Final Fantasy Anthology (FF5+6), Final Fantasy Chronicles (FF4 + Chrono Trigger), Vagrant Story and Xenogears. They will retail for $20 under the Greatest Hits range. (I myself am considering importing Xenogears - its massivley overpriced at around £50 in the UK importers, and virtually unavailable from any stateside companies who'd consider shipping it here...)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Talking

thanks for the news artist! my Chrimbo list just got a +1

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:49 PM   #3
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I have yet to have a chance to play the games in Xenogears and Anthology, do you know when are they rereleasing them exactly?
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 08:51 AM   #4
Brit

Brit is on a distinguished road
everythings being released in the US

what about us lowly mortals in Europe? huh huh?
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
I have yet to have a chance to play the games in Xenogears and Anthology, do you know when are they rereleasing them exactly?
apparently they'll release them in December at a Price of $20. Perhaps you could convince your parents to buy a little stocking filler for Christmas this year?

Regarding FFX-2, one of the larger web news sites bagged the exclusive review of the game and scored it at 9.5.
Make of that what you will, but personally I'll wait for the opinions of those not blinded by the "privalege" of getting an exclusive review of a top tier title, especially as those who invested in the soundtrack upon the Japanese release told of horrors akin to a one way trip to hell (or my washing basket), something which the reviewer brushes over.
Also, the voice actors from the original game have apparently reprised their voice roles. In the realms of continuity, that is excellent... but i'm far from excited to be hearing some of those voices again.

(I've not linked the Site in question because i'm unsure about PS2Fantasy's plans for a FFX-2 review).

As for Europe, its best to accept that these things are in the past and move on. It'd be unlikely that Square-Enix are going to divert resources to release a never before seen title in Europe.
- Note that regarding the Square half of the titles, Europe is getting or has got every next-gen (GBA included) title that has been released in the US. We even got Unlimited SaGa despite it being very badly acclaimed and despite the series being a total unknown in Europe (All Europeans with a copy of SaGa Frontier 2 put your hands up!).

Mind you, they did flog the FFX-2 prologue with it. Yes, Final Fantasy will sell anything.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote