Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #1
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Anyone playing Star Wars Galaxies?

Hey all,

just wondering if anyone's playing SWG yet? If so lemme know your name and what server you're on - could be fun to meet up and do missions in tandem.

Anyway, I'm currently an Artisan novice going by the name of Ymobacca (Yup, I'm a wookiee!) and I can be found on the Flurry server.

I'm based on Tatooine at the moment and have mainly been working in Mos Eisley and Bestine - Can't decide whether to start work for the Rebels or the Imps though.

Apparently there is a shortage of Imps, and everyone knows the bad guys are always cooler - but the good guys always win.... Hmmm, decisions decisions...

Anyway, any players? (Yes Sleazy, I'm looking at you!).

MTFBWY

- S
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM   #2
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Argh. Now I'm wishing I had a copy of this just to play with some buds. *laughs*

I was thinkin about getting it though. ..although I heard that the game wasn't all it was cracked up to be. What do you think of it, Spank?

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 05:22 PM   #3
Bogart
Private Eye

Bogart is on a distinguished road
Me too! I've dreamed about this game for two years... but now I haven't the PC to play it. I had hoped it was going to be released on this generation of consoles!
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 10:21 AM   #4
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Yea, I heard the game was not that good when it was first released, but all mmorpgs are not that good off the bat. Did they fix most of the problems with a patch? If so I might be playing it...
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 02:25 AM   #5
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Yes i have swg, as you noticed from my lack of posts latly i play alot of pc games now rather then ps2. I have 2 characters on 2 servers.

On Bloodfin I am Georgeilias, I am a master artician, 1 block from Master Tailor. I am a Novice Pistoller and i also have basic knowledge in Medic, Scout and Entertainer.

On Valcryn my name is Curious- George and I am almost master artician and I am working on brawler right now to eventually get to commando.

Look me up if you want to do missions.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #6
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Just to note:

I am now a master tailor! WOOT WOOT!

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 09:56 AM   #7
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackThornn

Argh. Now I'm wishing I had a copy of this just to play with some buds. *laughs*

I was thinkin about getting it though. ..although I heard that the game wasn't all it was cracked up to be. What do you think of it, Spank?
Sorry for the late reply Black, been somewhat busy lately...

To be honest, at first it can be very overwhelming. There's so much to learn but fortunately people can be very helpful. Some parts of the game can be a tad boring (just like in real life) but other bits are indescribable. Allow me to cite a few examples:

I am working my way through the Artisan skill tree and in order to progress I need to do certain things to gain experience. For example, to improve my Surveying skills (which allow me to create mines so that I have raw materials to build with) I have to survey... a lot... which can become tedious.

However, I'm also working my way up through a weapon skill tree which means I must get combat experience - which is more exciting obviously.

Other times I have simply been wandering round Mos Eisley just observing other players. It's facinincating seeing the interaction between players from around the globe - at times it really does feel like I'm in another world.

Speaking of character interactions, I asked one person a question - turns out they didn't understand Wookiee - so I had to teach them Wookiee before they could understand me!

One of the highlights thus far has been due to a character I met called Esmay. She's a Bounty Hunter (a bloke from Gothenburg in real life though) and we went on a mission together to destroy a secret rebel research camp on Yavin 4.

At the time Esmay was a covert Imp, but once we reached an Imperial outpost on Yavin she decided to go overt which means she can call in Stormtroopers for back-up.

We spent some time treking across Yavin until finally we reached our target... Hmmm, 8 Rebs against Esmay, myself and 2 Stormtroopers. After quite the battle we were victorious and had acheived our objective so we headed back to Yavin Starport to return home (Mos Eisley).

Unfortuanately on the way back we got jumped by some NPC (Non-Player Characters) Rebs who wasted both me and Es...

Absolutely thrilling! And to cap it off, I also have my own personal Probot droid now!

The latest development has been the addition of player vehicles (so far a landspeeder, swoop and speeder bikes) but there is a Space Combat and Flight expansion due next year!!!

Graphically it's superb and you do feel like you're in the Star Wars universe - and to me, that's all I need. I mean, let's face it - I can handle boring moments, spesh if it's in the SW universe.

In the mean time, I'm off to go visit Jabba's Palace...

- S
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #8
Samoht

Samoht is on a distinguished road
I cant afford to play another MMORPG, just dont have the time like I used too. Played EQ for over 3 years...
Samoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 03:22 AM   #9
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

i go in spirts for the game, i really enjoyed it at one point but now am finding it annoying at times. I am master tailor and am now working on master merchant while i sell my reenforced clothing from the aid of a engeeneer.

I make about 100,000 grand every week from these clothing sales and am about half way done the merchant tree. When I get it done i will have mastered 3 areas and then its just a matter of time before i discover what it is i need to master to become a jedi.

The game is fun, but yes is very tedias and repetative at times. But what MMORPG isnt.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:12 PM   #10
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

I am now Master merchant...yahoo...I Now need to decide weather to quit the game or start something new...i really dont like it, but im so bored of it these days that it seems like the thing to do. Besides everquest 2 is out soon and im looking forward to getting it.

The Magic Is Coming!