Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jul 20th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #21
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Harry first off let me just say you are the man!! Your solutions have fixed the problems I was having. I've now erected a shrine in your honor, and everytime I go to play KOTOR I give thanks to your wisdom. Thanx again man for the help............I must say I love this game!
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 01:33 PM   #22
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja
I've now erected a shrine in your honor
call me childish if you must, but I have my worries about the exact use of words in that sentance ^_^

anyways, on topic. Can anyone who isn't a die-hard Star Wars fan recommend this game to me? I always have trouble seeing exactly what people see in many of the Star Wars games (and the recent movies for that matter), and without a decent way to playtest games before they come out, I have to find someone who doesn't actually love the series (the 2001 world census indicates that there are 200 of them in the world) who can tell me that its good.

Also, who alike is it to the Baldur's Gate (PC) series? Because I never liked them neither.

And I have a phobia of dice as well.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 05:28 PM   #23
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

call me childish if you must, but I have my worries about the exact use of words in that sentance ^_^

anyways, on topic. Can anyone who isn't a die-hard Star Wars fan recommend this game to me? I always have trouble seeing exactly what people see in many of the Star Wars games (and the recent movies for that matter), and without a decent way to playtest games before they come out, I have to find someone who doesn't actually love the series (the 2001 world census indicates that there are 200 of them in the world) who can tell me that its good.

Also, who alike is it to the Baldur's Gate (PC) series? Because I never liked them neither.

And I have a phobia of dice as well.

If your a RPG fan just try it out, it got high scores on GS and IGN, it might be nice for you.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:30 PM   #24
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
I've been wanting to get this game, but all the previews I've read have indicated that it is just an SW copy of Neverwinter Nights. With Light Side/Dark Side replacing good/evil and some additional faces, etc.

I mean, I was REALLY looking foward to this game, despite the fact that it was from BioWare and I truly despise that company for what they inflicted on the gaming world with their bugtastic frameratefest that was NWN.. and everything I've read seems to point in that EXACT same direction. KOTOR even has feats and the same character attributes, etc.

Could somebody who's bought the game answer me a few specific Q's?

How is the Frame Rate? Does it drop? If so, how often and how badly?

How does using feats work?

Is the combat system cycle-based? That meaning does your character and the enemy just stand there for seconds at a time doing nothing?

How MANY bugs have you (personally) encountered in-game?

Thanks for any answers, all.

Note, I'm a Star Wars fan and an RPG fan, but I've just had numerous bad experiences with the company that made this. And NWN got rave reviews as well.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:40 PM   #25
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackThornn

I've been wanting to get this game, but all the previews I've read have indicated that it is just an SW copy of Neverwinter Nights. With Light Side/Dark Side replacing good/evil and some additional faces, etc.

I mean, I was REALLY looking foward to this game, despite the fact that it was from BioWare and I truly despise that company for what they inflicted on the gaming world with their bugtastic frameratefest that was NWN.. and everything I've read seems to point in that EXACT same direction. KOTOR even has feats and the same character attributes, etc.

Could somebody who's bought the game answer me a few specific Q's?

How is the Frame Rate? Does it drop? If so, how often and how badly?

How does using feats work?

Is the combat system cycle-based? That meaning does your character and the enemy just stand there for seconds at a time doing nothing?

How MANY bugs have you (personally) encountered in-game?

Thanks for any answers, all.

Note, I'm a Star Wars fan and an RPG fan, but I've just had numerous bad experiences with the company that made this. And NWN got rave reviews as well.
1.There are a few framerate drops. Doesn't make the game unplayable. Very over lookable considering how good the game is.

2.Feats are skills you may upgrade. Like how well you handle double lightsabers or how well you handle a blaster. Each of the have around 3 to 4 stages helping your character become better at the skill. Also some require other feats to be earned before you go and try just upgrading 1 feat right away.

3.Combat is sorta cycle based and sorta not. You have a choice if your getting your ass handed to you to run from the battle and recooperate. And moving around during the battle does take away the chance of being hit. The coolest thing I encountered with this system is that one time when 2 of my jedi died I took a long range party member and started chipping away at them from long distance. Plus there awareness was down so they could not sense were my nades were coming from. Very, very cool.

4.I encountered a couple of bugs. One of them is when I change armor the game would pause a little bit before doing the action, another would be when you hear some dialog the backround music would sometimes drop out but then again when you reload the games its back again. I'm about 9 hours into the game and I love it. Even with the little flaws black you should still pick this one up.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:57 PM   #26
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:

Harry first off let me just say you are the man!! Your solutions have fixed the problems I was having. I've now erected a shrine in your honor, and everytime I go to play KOTOR I give thanks to your wisdom. Thanx again man for the help............I must say I love this game!
Hey np, I'm happy my suggestion fixed the problem you were having! Maybe you could just say "may the force be with you, Harry" everytime you play the game Seriously, have fun!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 12:57 AM   #27
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Ill admit the game is a tad rough around the edges what with its slight variations in framerate and untimely and rather scary pauses in the menus. But as was said its all VERY over lookable considering how off the wall great this game is. I personally think this game was underated by alot of gameing websites. I do belive that sorry excuse for a gaming mag/site gamepro reported that it took and i quote "Approximately forever" to go from point a to point b. I didnt think that at all. They also went on to say it needed a location warp option, and the game has one. By hitting 5 buttons you can go from wherever you are, to your base, and then back . I think gamespot gave it a 9.1 and they gave NWN a friggin 9.4 or something. Id give this game a 9.6 myself. So can it be a bit touchy, sure, but imagine how bad it was when they set the first release date . YIKES !. For my money this game is the BEST rpg ive ever played and certainly the best X Box title out

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #28
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Everybody gave NWN a high score. It was expected, and nobody wanted to hear anything about it's faults or MASSIVE bugs/framerate ineffeciency.. It was a pile of garbage that didn't even deserve a 7. Had I not gotten it as a gift from a dear friend of mine I would have mailed it to BioWare with a little note saying "You guys suck bawls. I want my 60 bucks back."

I think I'm gonna rent this one before I commit to anything real. Probably gonna go with PC permanent if I get it at all (I've got a Radeon 9700, so I prefer to use that. ^_^). Thanks for the answers though, Sssnake!

The Matrix has you.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #29
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

I just beat this game tonight with the light side ending. Now I guess I'm going to have to play through it again to get the second ending. I hope they make a sequel to this game with a few more planets to explore. This game seemed kinda short to me after I finished it.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:26 AM   #30
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

I just beat this game tonight with the light side ending. Now I guess I'm going to have to play through it again to get the second ending. I hope they make a sequel to this game with a few more planets to explore. This game seemed kinda short to me after I finished it.

You beat the game already, must put loads of hours into it, I heard it was a big game.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #31
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

You beat the game already, must put loads of hours into it, I heard it was a big game.
32 hours and some change. It's been awhile since a game as held my attention like this one. I always found playing you couldn't get anywhere unless you put at least 3 hours into the game. There was just so much dialouge and other things to keep you busy.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #32
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Finally got a chance to rent a copy.......and let just say I'm RUNNING to EB after work to pick it up! This game rules!!!!!!
Sleazy P Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #33
Squaredsoft

Squaredsoft is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I will. I can almost say that I despise Star Wars and everything similar, but I do recommend this game. KoToR has engrossed my soul, despite the fact it's Star Wars. Of course, I do love RPGs.
Squaredsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 04:45 PM   #34
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
When is this game coming out for PC? I really want to play it but i dont own a xbox.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:30 AM   #35
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by Squaredsoft

I will. I can almost say that I despise Star Wars and everything similar, but I do recommend this game. KoToR has engrossed my soul, despite the fact it's Star Wars. Of course, I do love RPGs.
Despise Star Wars? Jeeze man you've just insulted my religion. The worst thing is when I meet people who still havne't watched any Star Wars.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 08:23 AM   #36
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
I love this game soo much!! Its easily the best game I've played this year. I've put in 50 hours so far and I've just landed on the unknown world. I didn't expect this game to be so huge!
Sleazy P Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #37
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I just wanted to reccomend to everyone to go through the game twice. Once as a good guy, once as a bad guy. Its worth it just to see all the different reactions to your evil ways. Not to mention to see how it effects your relationship with Bastila and of course, the alternite* ending. Not to sound like a broken record but I must again give more priase to this excellent RPG . Id love to see more games come out featuring similar gameplay

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:53 PM   #38
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Quote:
Originally posted by Squaredsoft

Dude. How can you despise star wars?

I mean, you can despise what it's BECOME (George Lucas' senility and insistence that he direct the films raping fond childhood memories), but how can you DESPISE the classics!?

The Matrix has you.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 05:33 AM   #39
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
64 hours here.

I want to go thru it again as a dark jedi.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #40
dan da man
Talk to the hand

43 hours fully light, goody goody, completed.

Going through as the Dark evil B*stard, I luv being cruel to people who need my help.