Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

View Poll Results: Rate this song!
5 2 13.33%
4 0 0%
3 3 20.00%
2 2 13.33%
1 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16th, 2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Kimahri

Kimahri is on a distinguished road
Miss Independent

Rate this song from (Kelly Clarkson) from 1-5.
1 - Being the Lowest
5 - Being the Highest
Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #2
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
gave it a 3
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #3
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I just d loaded the song to rate it and I must say , Its as Craptastic as I expected it to be. In comparrison to Brittany Spears, and Aguilaras garbage I suppose its almost on that level. She will be going the way of those two in no time . She is a down home Texas girl and I bet my top dollar she drops that and goes with that whole "Expressing my sexuality" crap for one reason...it sells . Allready her songs are all about HER. Not things that are really important..just her and her being independant. If I were getting mondo bucks for singing some crappy songs id be independant too. Just goes to show that poppy artists like that come a dime a dozen...a simple tv show could spit them out by the handful if it wanted too. Ill stick to bands...thats real music in my book..it actually takes talent. Not POP junk that relies largely on little 10 year old girls who havent even acquired a real taste for music and listen to whatever artist does a Disney concert. By the way I gave the song a 2

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2003, 11:02 PM   #4
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
1, just because I don't care for the sound of it
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #5
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just d loaded the song to rate it and I must say , Its as Craptastic as I expected it to be. In comparrison to Brittany Spears, and Aguilaras garbage I suppose its almost on that level. She will be going the way of those two in no time . She is a down home Texas girl and I bet my top dollar she drops that and goes with that whole "Expressing my sexuality" crap for one reason...it sells . Allready her songs are all about HER. Not things that are really important..just her and her being independant. If I were getting mondo bucks for singing some crappy songs id be independant too. Just goes to show that poppy artists like that come a dime a dozen...a simple tv show could spit them out by the handful if it wanted too. Ill stick to bands...thats real music in my book..it actually takes talent. Not POP junk that relies largely on little 10 year old girls who havent even acquired a real taste for music and listen to whatever artist does a Disney concert. By the way I gave the song a 2
OTOWN is a pop BAND that was "spit out" on tv. Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Spice Girls, etc. Tons of bands that are pop. And if it was just for 10 year old girls they wouldn't wear what they do. However, if you take a walk around your high school you will notice some girls dressed a lot like them....even if it is against school rules. And if you are telling me Christina Aguilera has no talent then you are crazy. What would you have her sing about? Drugs, sex, and violence? What would you want her to wear? a turtle neck with some nice baggy jeans? Or maybe some Sean John?

As for the song.... well I'm not into pop in the least bit but I gave it a 3. I thought the beat was rather good. But the lyrics were bad.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #6
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
5!

I dowloaded this song about 2 weeks ago! It's great! I think kelly Clarkson has an amazing voice. Even if you don't like her style of music, you can't deny she has a great voice!

I like kelly clarkson, and christina because they have exceptional voices! And I have an ecclectic taste in music.

Im feeling rather fed up at the mo so I wont drone on...

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #7
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
However, if you take a walk around your high school you will notice some girls dressed a lot like them
Thats another point I should have made . Those crappy pop artists are just as much about selling an image as they are music.

Quote:
What would you have her sing about? Drugs, sex, and violence?
Is that all there is to life ?. Drugs, sex, violence , and love ?. No take a look around at good rock music from now back to when rock originated. Music is meant to send a messgae to its listeners the only message this crappy pop music send out is...well there are none. I guess its that its ok to be a slut in most cases with Christina Aguilaras "Dirty" song. We should be trying to expand the minds of our younger people not contaminate them with thoughts of getting dirty of being a slave for someone on the dance floor. My point is they are manufactured crap artists. most of whome have song writers write many of there songs, and let therer agents decide how they dress and act in public. Music shouldnt be about making money it should be about expressing yourself and you mean to tell me that all these pop artists care anout in the world is how independant they are and how they want to dance on the dance floor, not to mention how they like to get dirty ?

Quote:
What would you want her to wear
Do you honestly belive that she dressed like that all her life ?. No, she dresses like that because it sells..same for Spears and the rest . Personally I wouldnt care how she dresses.. and it SHOULDNT matter to her or anyone else. The only reason it metters to me is because theyve got little girls who idalize them trying to dress like 2 dollar whores as well. Ill give Aguilara credit for the song "Beuitiful" that song had a good message that had nothing to do with dancing or having sex or being in love. And sure she has a little talent but take away her song writer, her trahsy cloths, and her agent and what are you left with ?.

Quote:
I thought the beat was rather good
I am soo sick of hearing people compliment pop artists on having good beats in there songs. They have perfesion DJ's mix those beats Clarckson had NOTHING to do with it. With bands they make there own beats on actual "Instuments" ya know..how it should be done. Half of what you hear on those kind of songs dont even come from the singers...same goes for rap music. I just find it sad that people idalize people like Clarckson and Spears who have contibuted less than nothing to the music industry. If I had a little girl I certainly wouldnt want her mind being contaminated by garbage like that. I think ill let her decide if she likes to get dirty with guys when shes an adult.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #8
Kimahri

Kimahri is on a distinguished road
Vicious how come every post you have on this thread its a negative comment. I didnt post this thread to have people arguing about things, just vote and leave it at that! But ya'll do have opinions, and I respect that.
Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #9
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I agree with most of Vicious' posts. In general, I don't like popsters a bit for many of the reasons explained above. This is no exception. Gave it a 1.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #10
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Having a decent voice doesn't make a good song IMO. And obviously, the fact the song has a "beat" doesn't make of it a good piece either. There are tons of songs with the "beat" and they're almost all identical. It doesn't take a genius to write anything like that. The lyrics are terribly silly too. This can be good for kids maybe, or for someone who just doesn't care about originality and content.

In brief: I gave this song a 1 because I don't like it.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 07:34 AM   #11
hijakedGTR
still dreaming

hijakedGTR is on a distinguished road
Kimahri, Vicious's post are nort nessecarily (sp?) negative, he's sharing his point of view, to sum it up; vicious proves that many "manufactured" pop singers or and including pop band's show young induviduals (namely young girls) that its cool to be.. so called sex slaves
Quote:
Vicious posted: We should be trying to expand the minds of our younger people not contaminate them with thoughts of getting dirty of being a slave for someone on the dance floor.
which they should be sending positive influences, which as Vicious post's a great majority of "rock bands" do this, and this is a point of view i truely feel and i thank Vicious for sharings his thoughts

Maybe you didnt see that Kimahri

but this continual debate of pop is.. well.. quite
hijakedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #12
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
Vicious, why must you be so nice? the majority of pop artists are so self-centered and ignorant that they dont even need all the other stuff to put them down. Explaining yourself means you are wasting your time talking about pop artists.... far too valuable for the likes of THEM.... oh yeah, 1, just cuz there wasnt a 0.

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #13
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
^
^

have to agree as if it was'nt bad enough that these " pop" artists were being discovered on their own and rising to the top now we have three idiots digging them out and pulling them from under the rocks they crawled under putting them on national T.V and calling it American Idol PLEASE SOMEONE STOP THIS BULL-S#$%
what makes it worst is people actually waste their time calling in even if I liked pop I would not consider these no talent hacks pop artists. to be known as a true artist you should have to at least go through the hard times they are basicly handing these people a pop star life with out all the hard work or effort. and please do not give me that stress line becasue the biggest stress any of them have is deciding what to wear and sing in the next broadcast