Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Aug 31st, 2007, 03:12 PM   #1
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Angry Lair

Anyone else more than slightly disappointed at the poor reviews the game has been receiving? Sure, the problems seemed apparent when the first initial impressions of the game were coming out, but damn, I didn't think it'd do this bad...chalk up another one to the bargain bin
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #2
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Yeah i dont have a ps3 or am keeping up too close but apparently this game disapponted more than a few. Ps3 so far hasnt been coming outta the gates with a lot of keepers although Warhawk is pretty good i gather. Im sure like usual they have their eyes on the holidays. Wait eight months for those 6-10 good games of the year. I saw a post somewhere there may be another ps3 price change, i figure when its down to about $299 and there are at least 10 good games i will think about it...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #3
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I'm honestly surprised. I haven't been a supporter of the PS3 here on the forum but I still bought one because of the potential software and that I'll own all consoles regardless. But I'm disappointed for sure Lair was one of the games I was looking foreword to playing, even before I had a PS3. I don't really listen to reviews at all but the low scores from nearly everybody really means something is wrong with the game. I'm still going to rent it to see if it’s as bad as they say. Since I own quite a few games that were critically panned across the board (Final Fight Streetwise and Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance being two that I own and love.) but I'm not a flight game fan like I am a beat'em fan so I have obvious bias for that genre and more easy to accept its flaws. Still I’m going to rent it and see for myself, if it sucks it was only eight dollars wasted. If I like it enough then it’ll make a decent rental.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #4
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

well I just received a rental copy via Gamefly last night, and after spending an hour or two messing around with the first few missions it was actually kind of neat. At first I thought it'd be more like Square-Enix's Drakengard games (both flying and fighting soldiers on the ground), but I'm actually glad it didn't turn out like that... and so far at least, the control scheme hasn't given me much problems.

it is certainly nice to look at though.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #5
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
I don't own a PS3 (yet), but I've been looking at games I'd wanna pick up when I get one and this one interested me, mostly because you get to control a dragon. I watched IGN.com's video review on it, and what I basically got out of it was it has a really great story, graphics, mechanics, and is visually amazing. However the only thing the reviewer complained about was the lock-on system being hard to control and he thought the controls were kind of unresponsive.

I at least wanna try this one out when I can. How have you found the lock-on system and "unresponsive" controls?
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #6
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

so far, the only "unresponsive" controls that I found involved my own mistakes when flying the dragon: for example, to do a 180 in the game, the SixAxis has to be tilted up (similar to how you would reign in a horse), but sometimes the game reads my movements as tilting down instead (which causes the dragon to do a "speed burst" of sorts). But again, it just might be my aggressive playing styles with the controls because really, it only needs the lightest touch.

While the lock-on is not entirely perfect, I've hadn't had too much trouble using it - the only time it becomes a chore is when you have a bunch of enemy dragons flying at you pretty fast, and if you lock on to one of them too late (same with flying past a target at those speeds) , the camera does this weird turn-around which left me quite disoriented sometimes.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #7
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
There have been games in the past that i found enjoyable despite reviews. Although like many i tend to play games well reviewed, every now and then its well worth checking into a game that you want to play no matter what. Glad you got a ps3 DS, you looking into hd tv's now i expect. I finished and have replayed Onimusha Dawn of Dreams, my first console game in two years, its been very fun! Looking forward to new adventures, im working 3 12 hr shifts on the weekend and have all week to hang out with games, looking forward to it....... have a good Xmas season!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote