Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Nov 19th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
MGS 3 Discussion thread (spoiler warnings!!!)

i got the game yesterday, already played a good amount of the game, 10 hours of play time to be exact. i could tell you now this is the best Metal Gear game yet, yep even better than the first imo.

Spoiler: show
i loved the sense of humour in this game like.. when i first started the game i selected " i prepare MGS2 " option. that got me a weird opening. i freaked out when i saw raiden on the plane, lucky it was snake with a raiden mask. and the part were you first meet up EVA was hillarious.

i also like the whole interactive opening, the one that showed up after virtuous mission, like pressing L3 changes the text credits, and pressing R1 makes the woman whisper "Snake Eater".

the new addition that i realy like best is when you're holding up guards, you could interogate them, some will give you enemy guard positions, other will give you alert cancelation..etc.. really good stuff.

the only problem that i come across was the audio on some codec conversation is skipping abit, not really a big deal only happen once in a while. anyway thats all for now..

BEST GAME EVER !! Kojima = GOD

Last edited by Vic Viper; Nov 19th, 2004 at 10:43 PM..
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
i could tell you now this is the best Metal Gear game yet, yep even better than the first imo.
As much as I love MGS1, I think I would have to agree. As I said in the other threads, I'm so addicted I think I need an "MGS3" patch, LOL.

Quote:
i loved the sense of humour in this game like.. when i first started the game i selected " i prepare MGS2 " option. that got me a weird opening. i freaked out when i saw raiden on the plane, lucky it was snake with a raiden mask. and the part were you first meet up EVA was hillarious.
Yeah, I did the same thing you did (thanks to EGM) and I was laughing my ass off at the whole "R" thing. And the whole Eva thing cracked me up too (it's like, "Geez Snake, get a grip!" )

Quote:
i also like the whole interactive opening, the one that showed up after virtuous mission, like pressing L3 changes the text credits, and pressing R1 makes the woman whisper "Snake Eater".
*gasp* I didn't do this!! Oh no...I wonder if I can still do these?

Quote:
the new addition that i realy like best is when you're holding up guards, you could interogate them, some will give you enemy guard positions, other will give you alert cancelation..etc.. really good stuff.
I only did this with a few...everytime I tried to hold one up, I always kill 'em instead. ^^;;; I panic too much and press too hard on the O button, LOL.

Quote:
the only problem that i come across was the audio on some codec conversation is skipping abit, not really a big deal only happen once in a while. anyway thats all for now..
Yup yup...that annoyed me a bit too, but it doesn't happen later on...I think...haven't gotten very far.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I've only played an hour so far
im right outside the building that supposedly holds sokolov
i feel........so behind
but from what i played it was great, i love the jungle setting makes the game alot more interesting then constant small building areas in the other 2. The animal hunting wasnt as much as a bother i thought it was going to be, infact i killed at least 2 aligators with my knife.
But i also really, really suck at stealth since i havent played an MGS game in awhile. I also screw up when i capture somebody since i accidently slit their thoarts when i do it (since i press the O button too hard which triggers it) ah well. I'm loving para medics character with all her movie knowledge its excellent.

Last edited by Beretta55; Nov 20th, 2004 at 01:29 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 01:49 AM   #4
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I've only played the first little bit so far, about an hour or so in. It seems really good and the storyline looks to get very interesting.

My only complaints so far are the skipping codec (which at first made me think I had a bad copy or my Playstation was messing up), the way too long of an introduction and the time it takes to load up the Survival Menu. The issues reviewers talked about, in regard to the menu taking the player 'out of the game' really is valid. It just seems to mess up the flow a little bit.

Otherwise, everything seems spot on and I'm excited to get deeper into it. The graphics and sounds are really great and I love the alert and caution music this time around.

I also really want to read the spoilers but I'm afraid of ruining any part of the game.

I don't believe I'll post anything story related until I'm finished playing it all the way through.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
The animal hunting wasnt as much as a bother i thought it was going to be, infact i killed at least 2 aligators with my knife.
Wha-? How'd you do that? Everytime I tried, I always get knocked off my feet or something...

BTW, has anyone played the "Snake versus Monkey" game yet? I love the Codec conversation...made me laugh so hard!

My favorite quote:

"Why don't you make Sam or Gabe do the job?"

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Nov 20th, 2004, 11:30 AM   #6
Daniel Legge
Dark Horse

Daniel Legge is on a distinguished road
havent read mush of above posts cos of spoilers. I live in UK and dont think it will be out here for ages so consider yourself lucky you aint got to wait as long as we have

Is it good?

The true master only engages the worthy opponent!
Daniel Legge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #7
Reid
.red house.

Snake vs. Monkey is pretty fun. It's entertaining to just watch the little bastards walking around through the jungle sometime. 'Almost makes me sad that they need to get shot and captured.

I've played a few more hours now as well. The story is really picking up steam . . . the gameplay mechanics, when fully explained, are really neat as well. There are a lot of things to do in this game, even when not progressing storywise.
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #8
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

reid its pretty safe to read what i wrote, nothing about it was relating to the main plot.

i just found out that if you use a tranquilizer gun during boss battles, you could get their camo suit after you beat the boss. i got THE FEARs camo, Spider Camo. its a great camo, only draw back is it drains your stamina bar hella quick.

btw, anybody notice those frog statues, i wonder whats the deal with those things ? it will probably unlock something .

Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #9
Reid
.red house.

I took the leap and read the spoilers. They spoiled nothing. Yay.

I was wondering about those frog statues too. The only one I've come across so far was one near the docks, sitting on a far ledge.

That's good to know, about getting Boss battle camoflauge by tranqualizing them. I was wondering if something like that would get thrown in.

The Boss fights in this game are really good as well. One aspect of MGS2 that I thought was really lacking was that there weren't so many really good Boss battles. This one seems to have them though.
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #10
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Wha-? How'd you do that? Everytime I tried, I always get knocked off my feet or something...

BTW, has anyone played the "Snake versus Monkey" game yet? I love the Codec conversation...made me laugh so hard!

My favorite quote:

"Why don't you make Sam or Gabe do the job?"
It's pretty simple but is somewhat time consuming. All you do is tranquilizer the gator, then get into crawl position and press square and snake will jab his knife foreword. It doesn’t do much damage so it takes awhile but its the only way I have found out how to kill an alligator without using a lethal firearm.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 11:34 AM   #11
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Legge
Is it good?
Very, very, very good.

Quote:
i just found out that if you use a tranquilizer gun during boss battles, you could get their camo suit after you beat the boss. i got THE FEARs camo, Spider Camo. its a great camo, only draw back is it drains your stamina bar hella quick.
Noo! Seriously? Oh man...I fought The Pain and only used the .45 gun...and used the tranquilizer on Ocelot. Darn it.

BTW, has anyone had their game freeze on them? Oh man, lemme tell you guys...I was pissed as hell. It was during the middle of The Pain boss and the game just froze. What sucked even more was...I forgot to save after the Ocelot boss. Stupid, I know. So, I had to do everything all over again. Argh!

Quote:
btw, anybody notice those frog statues, i wonder whats the deal with those things ? it will probably unlock something .
Yes, I've noticed about 1 in every nearly area I've come across. When I first saw it (near the beginning of the game) I was laughing because it was so cute! Then I shot it. It makes a squeaking noise...kinda like a plush toy or something. If you shoot it near some guards, they'll investigate and then you can get rid of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
It's pretty simple but is somewhat time consuming. All you do is tranquilizer the gator, then get into crawl position and press square and snake will jab his knife foreword. It doesn’t do much damage so it takes awhile but its the only way I have found out how to kill an alligator without using a lethal firearm.
Ahh, okay. But that would take a long time...gotta have a lot of patience for this, lol.

You Can Help

Old Nov 21st, 2004, 12:08 PM   #12
Reid
.red house.

I haven't had my game actually freeze but it has done things like skip the background noise once in a while. It's kinda strange that so many copies have these problems . . .

Also, I took down an alligator once but it required probably 6-7 shots from the .45 to do it. Snake only finds them relatively tasty but you get 3 portions from each one.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 03:13 PM   #13
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

i thought the battle with The End was going to be a walk in the park, but it turns out to be one of the most memorable battle in the game..wow..

they were'nt kidding when they said this battle will last for hours. that was a crazy ass fight, all i know was it took forever to beat that old fart. i was using the tranq gun, its hard enough to find the old fart, yet he keeps healing his stamina bar on me, i tought i was gonna go crazy :frust. eventually i manage to figure out how to beat him. if i had to guess it probably took me an hour and twenty minutes to beat him, i got his sniper rifle after i beat him.

Old Nov 21st, 2004, 03:15 PM   #14
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
This is the BEST GAME EVER. I cannot believe how emotional and beautiful this game was. First EVER GAME to make me CRY. The ending is soooo emotional. After I beat it I just could not believe what I went through. I thought Halo 2 was good but OMG MGS3..............MY GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:10 AM   #15
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Just got through with The End battle...

It took me a perfect 1 hour to beat him...the tough part was finding him, even though I figured out I should use the thermal goggles to track him down. Somehow the guy really camouflaged himself well...and thankfully, he only refilled his Stamina bar once. So, after a few shots with the tranquilizer gun, it was over.

The boss that gave me the most trouble was The Fear. Okay...I was struggling. I died two times, then on the third try...BAM! It was all over! I seriously was gonna smash my controller to pieces...the final try was so unbelievably easy...and I wasted like a good hour trying to get him. Ooh, I'm still trying to recover even now...

You Can Help

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:47 AM   #16
Reid
.red house.

The fight with The Sorrow was unbelievable. I'm not sure how close I am to the end but all sorts of really neat things are happening with the storyline now. Lots of explanation about the characters and everything.

This game has the most innovative Boss battles of the series I think.
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:12 PM   #17
Oderus

Oderus is on a distinguished road
The best part is when you are on the motocycle with eva and you are shooting the shagohod really fun and intense.
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #18
Reid
.red house.

I finished the game last night, playtime being just shy of 17 hours I think. The ending was absolutely incredible.

I was in shock by the wrap up of the game and the storytelling of the finale was extremely well done. This may be my favourite Metal Gear of the series now. I'm almost sad to be done it.

I can't wait for more people to finish it up so some discussion can start about this.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #19
Devil Snake

Devil Snake is on a distinguished road
...i finished the game day before yesterday .....it toook me 14 hours in normal difficulty .... Reid is absoluetly rite ...the ending was awesome
Devil Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #20
Oderus

Oderus is on a distinguished road
Did any of you know, That the guy talking at the end of the game where it says "Metal Gear Solid 3" was Ocelot? Or am I wrong?
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote