Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Devil May Cry 3: SE

I watch G4 everyday and there's this show called Cinematech. They just showed a clip of it. (About a 5 - 7 minute clip) All I can really say is DAMN.... It's the same game as far as I can tell but this time we get to play as Vergil as well. This is where my mouth practically dropped. The things I've seen Vergil doing was quite impressive even though it was a bit too fast to see. (with me being sleepy and all) Atleast to me it was.

There is a clip floating around at Gamespot but I think it's too dark and a bit on the blurry side.

I think the release date is the 29th of this month.... (Maybe next month.. Not sure)

I'll just paste it.... hold on...

https://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/d...&mode=previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamespot
We took a look at the TGS trailer for Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition.
TOKYO-- Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition was only recently confirmed, but it's already making a presence at TGS this year. Unfortunately it was in the form of a trailer, so it's difficult to see what makes this game as special as its predecessor, the regular version of Devil May Cry 3.

We know that the major difference between the two games is that this one allows you to play through as Vergil, Dante's evil twin. Although you could use him briefly in the previous game, you will now be able to unlock him and play through the entire game from his perspective. Since the charismatic Dante is half the fun of the Devil May Cry games, it will be interesting to see what Vergil has to offer. The trailer, which showed clips of both characters in the game, juxtaposed their two fighting styles and their weaponry, although without being able to get our hands on the game, it's not as easy to see exactly how those differences work into the gameplay. We can confirm, though, that although both characters have white hair, Vergil is wearing a blue coat as opposed to Dante's red. Truthfully, from the clips of gameplay we saw, that seems to be the major difference between the two. Vergil still adheres to the traditional Devil May Cry mechanics, so it will take a deeper look at the game to be able to see how the nuances of his style manifest themselves.

Throughout the demo, words were splashed across the screen indicating the names of moves in the game, which included starfall, rising dragon, upper slash, rapid slash, spiral swords, wild stomp, thrust kick, and free ride. It's apparent that, above all, this game will be as dedicated to the action as all of the previous Devil May Cry games. Since it's coming out on the PS2, the same platform as the previous three, the Special Edition will likely provide a unique gameplay experience in some respect, but the trailer didn't give much indication about what it is. The announced "very hard" mode and "demo digest" were not made apparent by the trailer, but for what it's worth, the game did look very good. We look forward to getting the opportunity to play the new difficulty setting with Vergil sometime in the near future.

By Carrie Gouskos
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2005, 02:47 AM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
yeah i loved DMC3, imo one of the best game ive played this gen. im really looking forward to this one, hopefully capcom will bring it to the U.S.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
great news, the game is coming to the U.S. on Jan 23, it will only be 20 bucks.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Phenom

Wow... $20.... (I would've expect at least $35) Now there's no reason I shouldn't have this game.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Phenom

So now that I have my copy of the game. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed. (Just a tiny bit.) Mainly because when playing as Vergil they're not revealing any part of his story. No cutscenes outside of what they show at the beginning. And I'm on level 14. (A different intro for Vergil) Other than that. You're playing through the exact same levels as Dante. (I guess this was expected though.) Now that the bad parts are out of the way. I do still like the game although it's alot easier especially playing as Vergil since he's much more powerful than Dante. Vergil isn't as fancy as him, he's more of the *straight to the point* type. I'd say it's alot easier getting S ranks with him more so than Dante. One thing Vergil should've had is Air Hike. It feels funny not being able to double jump. (Another thing.... I think Vergil is a little cheap because Force Edge is just entirely too good. Fights don't even last long with it. ^_^ )
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #6
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
That game is my next buy. Well may be after Ghost Recon and all, But I am so glad that I didn't buy DMC3 before when it came out. So yeah, thanks for the info on the Vergil part. I am kinda mad that there aren't any cutscences, because thats why I play the game for. For the STORY to unfold infront of me. Its more like a reward.

But I will buy this, for $29.99, here is Canada/Toronto.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #7
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
Meh.... the Special Edition is a good rental, IMO. Paying $50 for DMC 3 again, just to fight demons with swords, instead of guns is not worth it. Also, the FMV at the end, where you fight Vergil is dissappointing. Its Vergil fighting Vergil.... come on Capcom, if you're going to re-release a game, atleast fix the videos.

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #8
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedaelus
Meh.... the Special Edition is a good rental, IMO. Paying $50 for DMC 3 again, just to fight demons with swords, instead of guns is not worth it. Also, the FMV at the end, where you fight Vergil is dissappointing. Its Vergil fighting Vergil.... come on Capcom, if you're going to re-release a game, atleast fix the videos.
I think the game is 20 actually. unless you live in the outer regions of mongolia.. where it is 4 cows.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Feb 15th, 2006 at 10:00 PM..
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote