Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:37 PM   #61
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Zanku, you meant First Person... right?.... or I think I am confused now.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:23 AM   #62
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
WoW! just read that interveiw makg put up, MGS3 sounds to be getting better and better, imagine being chased by a dog or a tiger! Throwing a deadly sanke to a guard sounds cool, I wonder when you kill a guard, if the corpses attract animals?
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:35 PM   #63
Zanku
Zen Attitude

Zanku is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Zanku, you meant First Person... right?.... or I think I am confused now.
Oh, yeah sorry i meant first person...i dunno why i put third person Nevermind, i edited my post - it should be understandable now

dan thats a good theory, the bigger animals would probably be more likely to appear with the presence of a dead body...very cool. I cant wait to get it, it feels like such a long time since MGS2 came out...

"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackel!" Grey Fox
Zanku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:30 PM   #64
Dark Angel
[space filler]

Dark Angel is on a distinguished road
I finally saw the full trailer....took a while yes I know...looks cool huh? Ok, that's probably just a slight understatement..

I'd love that corpse attracting animals, but do wonder if it would be feasible
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:43 PM   #65
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Zephyr is on a distinguished road
OK I just have to say this. This will be the ONE game that will rock next year. Basically it will be by the looks of it, 3 times better than SOL and Substance. And thats only first impressions. The graphics look immense for a PS2 there like.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #66
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Talking More Metal Gear Solid 3 Details

Quote:
The Japanese publication Famitsu revealed a few tid-bits regarding Konami's upcoming game Metal Gear Solid 3 for the Play Station 2. The game was first announced at E3 just a few weeks ago. Not much was know until now.

The most surprising news is the use of Sony's network adapter. Not much is know regarding the on-line component, however, what is know is that Konami will offer downloads monthly.Things such as new camouflage and clothing were represented in the Famitsu article.

Much of Metal Gear Solid 3 takes place in a jungle, and with that you will have to have Snake climb an occasional tree. Be careful though if you fall from the tree you could break a leg. A level may become increasingly difficult when you're hobbling around and dragging a dead leg behind you.

The Jungle also presents a number of obstacles. Players will have to be aware of there surrounding as they walk through the Jungle. Leaves that have fallen from trees should be avoided as they rustle when stepped upon, alerting enemies of your location. Gamers will also be able to cover up footprints, another way that enemies can track you.

Finally, it's been said that C-Rations (health) are going to be very scarce throughout the game. Snake will have to hunt much of the jungle wildlife for a bite to eat this time around. Once the animal has been killed it must be eaten promptly as it will be subjected to the normal decay process that all meat is subjected to. Hope you're not a vegetarian, no word on Tofu patches.

link

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #67
MakgSnake

That downloading thing sounds pretty cool, but not many people have Network Adapter still......so alot of them wont be able to use that feature, but hopefully by the end of 2004, they would. I like the sound of avoiding the leaves, but that makes the game too hard. Oh well........all sounds good. A leg break is painful, I wonder if Snake would limp like the Resident Evil characters or not........ it would be cool if he does.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #68
dan da man
Talk to the hand

I notice everyone is using the word SANKE, does this mean we are going to play Solid Snake in MGS3 and not Big Boss?
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:49 PM   #69
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

I notice everyone is using the word SANKE, does this mean we are going to play Solid Snake in MGS3 and not Big Boss?
Well for the time being, we dont know for 100% sure if its Big Boss or not. And Kojima is not commenting on it. So yeah everybody is using "SNAKE", as that person looks like Solid Snake.

Whenever Kojima assures who he really is, HE will be called Snake. And although Big Boss's other name was "Saladin"..... We can assume, it was "Saladin Snake"...who knows eh.

But what most of you would like to hear, I DONT, that Kojima said the game will have less storyline and more gameplay. I know that gamplay is very important and people got bugged from MGS2 and its cutscenes, but the Cut Scenes were the essense of that game in my opinion. I hope he puts up more then average cut scenes for the storyline.

Oh by the way no RADAR in the game, as the game is FOR SURE taking place in 60's era and peeps like Otacon and Mei Ling weren't born yet. But for Rookies, they can still turn it on. I know I wouldn't......never!.!

Last edited by MakgSnake; Jun 4th, 2003 at 09:54 PM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #70
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

Well for the time being, we dont know for 100% sure if its Big Boss or not. And Kojima is not commenting on it. So yeah everybody is using "SNAKE", as that person looks like Solid Snake.

Whenever Kojima assures who he really is, HE will be called Snake. And although Big Boss's other name was "Saladin"..... We can assume, it was "Saladin Snake"...who knows eh.

But what most of you would like to hear, I DONT, that Kojima said the game will have less storyline and more gameplay. I know that gamplay is very important and people got bugged from MGS2 and its cutscenes, but the Cut Scenes were the essense of that game in my opinion. I hope he puts up more then average cut scenes for the storyline.

Oh by the way no RADAR in the game, as the game is FOR SURE taking place in 60's era and peeps like Otacon and Mei Ling weren't born yet. But for Rookies, they can still turn it on. I know I wouldn't......never!.!

I agree on the bit with you about mgs2 needing all those cut-scenes, I really do hope tht mgs3 just has more storyline as gameplay, you know what its only the proper fans of the series who like all the storyline and cut-scenes, most people (who never really play on it or the series) think where's all the gameplay, to much story line! well if they were a proper fan they would understand, Kojima deserves to know this!
Also the fact MGS3 is going to suck with no codec calls!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! because its in the sixties! (correct me if im wrong)
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #71
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

Also the fact MGS3 is going to suck with no codec calls!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! because its in the sixties! (correct me if im wrong)
Well, in the sixties, they didn't use Nanomachines but from this picture, we can see that Snake is still using some kind of equipment (The ear plug is wired though, which is going into his gear) through which he will be able to talk and have conversations. "Fingers Crossed".

https://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/mgs3.../images/12.jpg
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #72
carnage179

carnage179 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Dont forget 1 eyed uncle.

I hope you get to play as both Big Boss and Snake, would be cool to see why Big Boss turned, but MGS2's ending was one of the biggest cliff hangers I've ever seen. If there are 2 chapter I hope they're both long and have equal lengths. I wouldnt minded of playing as Raidan so much if you had just gotten to play as snake for a little longer, not 20 minutes :/ Anyway, MGS3 looks great, kick ass gameplay, levels, graphics, even if it doesnt have a good story it will probably be fun to play.
carnage179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #73
Dark Angel
[space filler]

I'm gonna miss people like Otacon and Mei Ling....

Ah I never noticed the ear piece before, can't see any equipment to talk back though, only reciever.

I've been trying to figure out which gun he's using, I doubt it'll be a SOCOM, firstly as it doesnt look like one and they weren't used by Special Ops in the 60s....they're hardly used nowadays too, not really sure why they keep being used in the MGS games, they are a rather mediocre weapon.

I very much doubt there will be another character aside from Snake or Big Boss, Kojima-san learned that from MGS2.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #74
Dark Angel
[space filler]

OK I had another look at the trailer and figured out from the weaponary mainly that it's bound to be set in the 60's and as such as Big Boss, but let's just call him Snake for now, it's easier.

Firstly, Snake uses a M16A1 rifle, in the bit shooting from the water, and as that weapon is now not used anymore (replaced with the M16A2, but I still don't like the M16 ) suggests it set then.

Also goes for the pistol, thank god it's not a SOCOM, but then they can't really use modern guns if it's in the 60's. The pistol looks like a Colt M1911, and aparently a Webly & Scott MK. 1 silencer which was used on the Colt .45 in the Vietnam War. The guards also use the AK-47, not the improved AKS-47U as in MGS2, a notoriously old and obscelete weapon not used anymore.

Secondly, the clothing by both Snake and the guards also look to be from the period, as Snake has webbing (the stuff around his waist) for the M16A1, so same goes for the use of the rifle.

That's all I can think of at the moment, ah my knowledge of weaponary came in sort of handy for once.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #75
Zanku
Zen Attitude

The gun looks like a Heckler and Koch USP (but it wasn't released till 1997), Kojima seems to use a few Heckler and Koch weapons though (thats why i thought it looked like USP), for example the PSG-1 in MGS1, and the USP .45 w/ light in MGS2...Anyway...It doesnt matter what gun it is, its whether or not you can use it effectively. I was hoping to see the Fabrique P90 again...but i doubt it (unless the story for MGS3 carries on eventually to what happened at the end of MGS2...then maybe!)

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #76
MakgSnake

This would mean that alot of things would be missing in MGS3 in terms of Guns and Gadgets. But I am pretty sure the gameplay will make up for it.

When I finished Sons Of Liberty, I thought that in MGS3 we would use that device Ocelot and Fortune used in it. It'll be like a gadget we would get once we have finished the game. No bullet will be able to touch us (ofcourse, it would have a metre which would gradually go down, the more we use it). Still...... but now seeing that the 60's are here......I dont think it'll happen. But who knows, may be the Time Travelling thing that I dream of could be reality in the game.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:32 AM   #77
Dark Angel
[space filler]

My whole point about identifying the guns was to show that it must be set in the 60's due to the age of the guns, and no I'm pretty sure it's not a H&K USP, same goes with no seeing the P90 because of the period it's set in!!

Anyway, I do like the P90, shame you could use it in MGS2 or Substance, despite the fact it really is an ugly gun...looks like a black slab of steel from the side on...
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #78
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Angel

My whole point about identifying the guns was to show that it must be set in the 60's due to the age of the guns, and no I'm pretty sure it's not a H&K USP, same goes with no seeing the P90 because of the period it's set in!!
We all know that, its on the MGS3 official website. (set in the sixties)
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #79
Zanku
Zen Attitude

Quote:

In real life you dont have a radar... I reckon you might be able to get intel, from recon or something...like possible enemy locations, maybe you will have a map of the jungle, or of the buildings? A good feature would be the map, and when you get information from radio, it marks the locations on, and possible waypoints of the enemy But, who knows what Kojima will come up with?

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #80
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Zephyr is on a distinguished road
I didnt like the radar in MGS series - I like games to be realistic - so if its no radar it will probnably be more suprising with enemies etc.