Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
The Last Indy

I went to see it only a couple of days ago. What do you think of the movie? Did you like it? Should they make a fifth movie, even if Harrison Ford isn't the leading man or end the series with the fourth movie?

I liked the movie, but maybe I was expecting something different. I don't know, less computer effects, less characters. The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was fun, but I found it a mess in some parts, like in some action sequences. Still wirth seeing 'cause it's Indy!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
It sure would bring back memories, but haven't seen it yet. Probably wait till it hits dvd, cause I hate going to the movies.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I agree there was too much use of CG. And the action was silly at times. They tried to put too many things in it. I think the movie was better till it was only Indy and Mutt. When the other characters join them in the quest, becomes excessive, you lose focus on the main action. Still it was good fun. It's still Indy after all!

I hope the franchise ends here. They suggested - Lucas did! - to continue the Indiana Jones franchise with Mutt as the leading man. No way! Indiana Jones IS Harrison Ford. If they want so badly to make movies with Mutt as the lead, they should make changes. First of all, they should not associate him with the older Indy movies.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I loved it purely for the reason that it was INDY! I think one more film should do it and see out the original five film idea they planned out years ago. I just love the experience of an Indiana Jones film at the cinema! The music and all! Hooray!

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #5
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Shia being Indy's son and being named Henry Jones the 3rd sets shia up to play the role for the next 40-45 years or so if they ever want to make more Indy's. I can dig that too, shia has grown up big time as an actor and i havent found a movie with him that i havent liked

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHardo
sets shia up to play the role for the next 40-45 years or so if they ever want to make more Indy's.
That's what I don't want to see: other Indy movies with another character as the lead. I can accept it if they make changes, like... if they stop calling it "Indiana Jones" and reinvent the franchise. BTW, I read Spielberg is against the idea of making other Indy movies, but we'll see what happens.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
As a celebration, my family and I went to see this on Monday and I have to say I didn't really like it. It doesn't have the feeling of the older Indy films, the story/plot was very sparse to the point where they had almost no other material to work with, the humor was forced, and the action was just too much.

I think I agree with Psychopu. The film was alright when Indy and Mutt were exploring that tomb (it had that slightly classic Indy exploring/discovery moment) but when everyone else started joining in, it became ridiculous. The motorcyle-chase scene was way too long...I don't understand what Spielberg/Lucas were thinking. I know people nowadays have ADD but that doesn't mean that nonstop action isn't going to get boring eventually.

The humor was awful and forced, like the bantering between Indy and Marion. The relationship between the two onscreen was very awkward and although they attempted to have that "chemistry," it just came off wrong. Some of the things that Marion says to Mutt wasn't cute either like when she was directing Mutt on his fencing techniques when fighting Spalko. And no, this isn't because I'm not a parent therefore I wouldn't understand the whole "odd parent-child bonding" thing. It just wasn't funny. The singular best scene was the quicksand scene. This was actually a geniunely hilarious moment...Ford's expression is priceless, the use of the snake-rope was genius, and well, it was very good.

The plot with the Crystal Skulls was okay because I've heard of these skulls before and their association with aliens so I have no problems with it. The only things I don't like was how there was almost nothing else tied to these skulls. No other creative ideas or effort than what could be, and were, shown on the Discovery, National Geographic, or History channel.

Overall, not good for me. My parent's liked it though but I suspect they like it simply because "it's Indy." Boy, I'll never get tired of sheep mentality.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #8
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
I have let to see this film, so I'll probably rent it when it comes out on dvd. But I have heard from some people that it isn't as good as the old Indy films.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote