Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #1
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Berserk

Ok, ok of course many of you probably heard me raving about this series and many not have but how many have seen or heard about this series. If you haven't I really suggest you check it out, it is definately one of the best for what they have out thus far. I mean I seen pretty a good amount of great anime out there ranging from Eva, to Bebop and Hellsing as well as many others and this one can stand higher or toe to toe with most of them. Now about the series is mainly a backround to the manga of berserk, which is not finished yet but they way the series goes about is absolutely excellent. Each character has incredible depth and you will actually grow attached to some. Character animation itself is not the greatest but thats not even a trivial thing when it comes to this series. Also action is extremely heavy, it gets incredibly bloody in some areas. Now I'm not going to spoil the story or give any details because it has to be watched in person to appreciate its greatness thus far. Many things in the story will have thinking "what would of happened if the character choose a different action, would there still be the same outcome or not?." These and many questions will arise during the 25 episodes. Although one thing I must point out is that the series is not complete but don't threat there is a manga that is translated, and its partically easy to find. So in the end for people that are looking for another good series (dealing with friendship,betrayal,and destiny) check out berserk. Oh and please any questions you have, do ask them.

BTW - I realise theres a bunch of mistakes in my typing, please for give me I was in a hurry

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #2
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Me, being one of sssnake's good friends, also shares the same expressive feelings of this show.

I first started purchasing this anime looking for a dark fantasy anime, but then i realised it was much more than that. Like said before, the characters are some of the most expressive, thought out, and indivisual characters i have seen in an anime series for quite some time. The series is quite understandable throughout most of the show, and can be seen as quite a fun and enjoyable sitting during most of it. Near the end, the story complexifies and seems to turn 180 from it's original appeal as a series. The characters seem to make the developing plot even more interesting, and they way they adapt to their problems and conflicts that arise during the setting of time is very impressive. There are no set standard between good an evil, as you can see, they are combined in nearly all of the charatcers with a grey sence of who is the traditional good guy, vs the traditional bad guy, which is just another part of the depth that goes into the people in the story.

As the series goes through, it's far more of a dark, violent, war and demonistic story than a fantasy. I was surprised by how explisit they made many of the battle scenes, which there are plenty of, and how the chaarcters are shown not to be invulnerable to pain and defeat. The main chaarcter gutts however, does seem to be quite the immortal god like man, by the way he fights, and his strength, but even he is seen upon as a human being. He suffers, physically and emotionally, same with the many other people in the story, which i find excellent.

The part of the series i disliked was the end, where...well...there wasn't one. It just ended in the climax of the story and that was that. Kinda pissed me off. That's just for the anime though. The manga gives away the answers to what most people ask after watching the series. The full story is well thougyht out and puts even more depth into the characters than the anime, along with the continuation of what happened after the series is over.

i strongly suggest anyone who's sick of having to watch bland action stories like DBZ, and who wants more violent, and mature anime, to watch this. It is quite idea to the serious anime collector.

Contains Graphic violence, adult language, nudity, and suggective themes. No for children.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 08:21 PM   #3
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
Berserk is great.

Another one of my favorites.

They should make another video series of it, going from what happened on Ep 25 to skipping to what happened after Ep 1(No flashbacks is what I mean).
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 09:06 PM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
You know what I found strange? If Beserk first aired in 1997, don't you guys think that the second season (if there is one) would have been made by now? I understand that the manga is still running, but it should've gotten pretty far...the manga started in 1989! I've seen maybe around 8-9 manga on the shelves of the Japanese bookstore I go to. A few of the stories should've been made for the second season, right? Not an expert on this series, so correct me if I'm wrong on what I said.

EDIT: However, I'm wondering if a second season will be made at all? When it first aired in Japan, it was shown during the "Graveyard" slot....around 12/1 AM. The same for Hellsing and there's also rumors of a second season. So, could it be that the production studio is waiting for the manga to be finished to make a second season or are they not going to complete it at all? I just hate cliffhangers...

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:29 PM   #5
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Wow, I wish my thread about this would have gotten some posts and not made it's way to the fourth page

Berserk rules, though.
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote