Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #21
XboxKiller

XboxKiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana

Competetion is the basis for achievement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending M$ for what they've done here. Secondly, if you say that everything M$ does is against Sony or Nintendo, then how could you not see this coming?

They compete with Sony because overall in the console wars, PS2 is still on top. Of course any good business man would take out the leader first and then go after the lesser-threat, which is what Bill Gates is doing.

What the hell does that hve to do with anything? Just because you've had sex means that you are more mentally stable? Please explain your logic to me.

OK first of all I was trying to be funny dumb@$$. second of all whats your problem you on the rag or something. (by the way I'am sure you havent had sex. I can tell because you own a xbox)

P.S. Congratualtions on your purcahse, Makg. Great console.

OK first of all I was trying to be funny dumb@$$. second of all whats your problem you on the rag or something. (by the way I'am sure you havent had sex. I can tell because you own a xbox)

and I can also tell because of the way you write

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC TO ME

what the hell was that you sound like Mr. Burns to me
or maybe your working for "BILLYBOY" you moron
XboxKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #22
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man
but i like microsoft, thats why i have a computer with microsoft software
I would guess that its virtually impossible to get a PC without Microsoft Software on it. Anyone here got a PC without a Microsoft Operating System on it? Exactly. Microsoft have completely dominated the market, and only Servers seem to run on Linux... theres simply no support for anything but Windows in the games markets or other software sectors (except a handful of first-person shooters and strategy games). Its very unlikely that you've ever tried anything else other than Microsoft either. Neither have I (except that time I sat in front of the school linux machine and flicked the mouse before running away scared ), but how do we know we are genuinely happy with the software If we know no better. Because of the Microsoft Monopoly we'll never be offered the best.

But at the end of the day, I don't really have any problems with buying their software (I'm not getting an X-Box because I don't see a lot of games on it that aren't on or going to be on the PC - but the same can be said of the PS2 as well...), but I think the real hate for Microsoft is from the PC market... Dumbassed questionaires aren't winning them any fans, and those same PC cinics are always going to be the ones to point and laugh at Microsoft's idoicy.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:07 PM   #23
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by XboxKiller

and I can also tell because of the way you write

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC TO ME

what the hell was that you sound like Mr. Burns to me
or maybe your working for "BILLYBOY" you moron
Everyone posting in this thread: this is my one and last advice. If I see another post like this I'll lock the whole thing. XboxKiller, just calm down, ok

And Iguana, I know you're intelligent enough to not take XboxKiller's words too seriously!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #24
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
It's cool Harry, I am in no mood to start a flame war. I just want to say that because I defend a system, that means I own it? I don't get it. I must be a moron or working for "BILLYBOY"

The Tree of Life...
Daedaelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #25
XboxKiller

XboxKiller is on a distinguished road
ok I'll calm down. I was just messing around I mean am sure Iguana has had you know what before so I wont do that again.
thanks Harry for the warning and not kicking me out.
XboxKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #26
ToxicUK
Pressure=Crumbling

ToxicUK is on a distinguished road
Angry M$ are a disgrace to the online/offline gaming community.

Xbox.com is biased as it thinks its "superior consoile" has better htings to do on it than THE best selling games console on the polanet. When i took this test i was disgusted and appalled at Microsofts obvious lack of respect for other consoles and for people who own these consoles as well. I was insulted with a few of the questions and personally would like to get inside xbox.com and tear it apart leaving a message saying: "This website has been banned by the users of theg aming community for its lack of respect and its downright rudeness to games all over the world."

Toxic - Force The World To Crumble
ToxicUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #27
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
microsoft dont care, and just insult ppl and want very tihng of theres to be a sucess.
but at the same time i own a xbox. so i realy cant go mad at them, for me i have to get annoyed at them for being rude but i also luv them. im kinda stuck between them, but i wish they would stop this, they even encourage there fans who insult other consoles owners all the time!
like on xbox.com forums they swear like mad at other consoles and the mods and admins are not bothered!alongs as there console dosent get hurt.
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:47 AM   #28
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
So what?

That kinda advertising is common, are you gonna still by non bounty kitchen roll because you want to defend it after the leading competitor boasts it is better?

If these guys get off so much on dissing the PS2, let them, that just means less idiots own a PS2.

But the best solution is to have the best of both worlds, and try to get all good consoles. But thats not an easy option, so just buy whatever you feel is better and dont listen to childish diss polls like that one.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:26 AM   #29
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

So what?

That kinda advertising is common, are you gonna still by non bounty kitchen roll because you want to defend it after the leading competitor boasts it is better?

If these guys get off so much on dissing the PS2, let them, that just means less idiots own a PS2.

But the best solution is to have the best of both worlds, and try to get all good consoles. But thats not an easy option, so just buy whatever you feel is better and dont listen to childish diss polls like that one.
There is 'competitive marketing' and then there is blatantly insulting owners of a rival product.

Do you see Honda calling Ford owners idiots? Do you see Honda insulting the choice a Ford owner made? Do Bounty say people who use non-bounty products are stupid? No. They simply say 'our product is better than the others'.

Microsoft are not using 'competitive' marketing - hell, they could claim the XBox is 100 times more powerful, that's not going to phase me. But insulting my intelligence, calling me stupid for making the choices I have made - well that something completely different.

That's not 'competitive' marketing - that's a complete and utter lack of respect for potential customers. I have never seen a company ever disrespect rival product owners like M$ have.

- S
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:36 AM   #30
mark0™
Extinct.

Let them say what they want then, If you think they need to resort to name calling to win then just wait and see what the results are. Obviously that "quiz" was meant for Xbox enthuisiasts, and to me, those people are idiots, So let them have they're fun with bashing SONY, and don't take it too serious.

It is insulting, I don't like it, but I see it as Microsoft are just making there product seem less attractive to non-Xbox owning PS2 fans.

Maybe Bounty was a bad comparison, but those ad's just show that they are better, and although the Xbox quiz was Insultive, they were showing off they're console against its main competitor. And it did make me think Live was better than the PS2 online actually.
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:58 AM   #31
Seraph Sephiroth

Seraph Sephiroth is on a distinguished road
I chose B for most of those questions.. *sniff* am I stupid now? ... according to XBox's website I am... I guess I'll throw my beloved PS2 away and go buy an Xbox, so I can be smart like the people on that site... ^_^

but seriously... that's completly biast.. saying that people who dont buy Xbox and play other consoles are stupid... Sure Xbox has one game on it I like.. and that's Halo.. but that's it... I'm not going to buy a whole 300$ system just for one game... that doesnt make me stupid, that just means I care about what I play and how much I pay for it.

"Let's take back the planet together..." -Seraphim Sephiroth
Seraphim Sephiroth's Sephiroth Shrine
Seraph Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #32
Vicious
free your mind

Vicious is on a distinguished road
Seems like Mr. Gates is getting down and dirty because he cant dominate the gaming industry like he does the computer industry.
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #33
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Seraph, why make a general statement that says people who have system other than XBox without one are stupid. It's not true some people actually care about waht they play, it sounds like the people at MS don't really care about the quality of games. They just care what system it's for.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #34
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
Now I am by no means condoning what microsoft put up, but I can kinda understand why they would do that. No, sony hasn't run any smear campaigns against xbox. Why? Because the fans do it for them... I cannot even begin to tell you how many ridiculously fanboying and slandering sites against the xbox I have run across... Here is just a few:

https://www.angelfire.com/vt2/focusfate/
https://www.geocities.com/alien0901/w...box_sucks.html
https://e_diddy0.tripod.com/xboxsucks/

Those are just a few. It isn't just the xbox community smearing everyone else. Xbox has been under harsh criticism since it was announced. When I bought my Xbox over a year ago I was ridiculed by some. (well, at least until I got them to play it ) It has been and will be a hard road for MS to stay in the race and for those of us who own the xbox to support it.
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #35
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Now I am by no means condoning what microsoft put up, but I can kinda understand why they would do that. No, sony hasn't run any smear campaigns against xbox. Why? Because the fans do it for them... I cannot even begin to tell you how many ridiculously fanboying and slandering sites against the xbox I have run across... Here is just a few:<snip>
I note you state SONY have never ran a smear campaign like M$. I also note that you state PS2 fans do the smearing.

This is true...

but...

it's true of any console. I can remember the 8-bit home computer wars. In the UK it was mainly the Commodore 64 vs. Sinclair Spectrum. Owners of each would always trash-tallk the other machine. You know what? The same happened with the NES and the SEGA Master System....

Guess what? Same also happened with the Commodore Amiga and the Atari ST. Ditto for SNES/Genesis and ditto for PSX/Saturn (or N64 if you prefer).

My point: there will always be console flaming between owners - it's unavoidable because people have an intrinsic desire to defend that which they hold dear (be that consoles, sports teams, cars, running shoes, whatever...).

I can tolerate owners of console X flaming me if I own console Y. What I don't like is how the makers of console X are flaming not only console Y, but those who own console Y.

I don't ever recall Atari, Commodore, SEGA, SONY or Nintendo flaming other console/computer owners. It's simply typical of M$ and their sheer arrogance that they should become the first.

What M$ have done cannot be justified.

Edit: Kraft, by the way - I'm not suggesting you were condoning or justifying M$'s actions.

- S
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:00 PM   #36
dan da man
Talk to the hand

yes spank there will always be console flaming, but i dont think it was nessacary putting it on xbox.com! the main official website!
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:24 PM   #37
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Really, it just makes you look bad.
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #38
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Really, it just makes you look bad.
who?
Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:53 PM   #39
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

The company that did it. Especially Bill Gates. But that's just what I think.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:27 AM   #40
mark0™
Extinct.

Argh why does everyone say "Gates is trying to slam Sony", I don't think very much that Bill Gates creates eveything Microsoft related by himself!

But thats just my daily complaint, so anyways...

Theres a famous Football Rivalry in scotland known as the Old Firm, which is Glasgow Celtic (yey) Vs. Glasgow Rangers (boo), now these teams are always at the top of the league, they dominate every other team, but the teams themselves will never say anything bad about the other, in fact most of the players are friends, but it's the fans. The fans are always fighting, If your a celtic fan and you run into a a group of rangers supporters and they know who you are, you can expect, at the least, heavy iunsults, just because of your team. It goes into a whole lot of Religous reasons and a lot of other crap but I can't be bothered trying to explain.

But what I'm saying is that there is a lot of bad blood between Rangers and Celtic, and it's all the fans doings (the clubs will ban you from games if you show bad reactions to the other supporters).

It reminds me of all this, but Xbox is not acting like the clubs. If Xbox were dissing Sony on wide spread advertising constantly, It would annoy me, but that one site, I don't really care, Infact I think Live is better than the PS2's online service (Even though I cant get LIVE coz the crappy phone companies wont run Broadband in my street )

But if you were a mega company, you'd want to flex your muscles of a little bit, so I can't blame them.