Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Red face Bad playing habits

All people from these boards are, I suppose, players. And all players have their own personal habits regarding playing videogames. But be honest! Some of them are not anything you're very proud of!

Like for example: not reading manuals or instructions before playing... that's a pretty bad habit, but I bet it's pretty common. Or leaving the console on for ages, even while you're away. Or touching both console and control pad with your hands not perfectly clean (like if for example you like eating while playing), or shouting at videogames characters and insult them, and much more...

So I want to know what are your worst habits when it comes to playing videogames!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #2
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i have a quite few minor ones, i like to throw the controller at people when im pissed :-P i hit my dad once and he hit me hard X_X
then there's turning on computer/consoles with my foot :-P
and umm, i sometimes play while eating
i yell at the tv
playing ddr with one mat and the 2nd controller, it doesnt botehr me or the people around me but my dad always tels me im way too into that game :-P
thats all i can think of for now, im sure i have a bunch more i just cant remember them at the moment
X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Throwing controllers is my worst gaming habit. That can get pretty expensive. And then once I punched and broke my X box. That cost me 190 bucks. So id say its definatly an anger management problem

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
My worst habit lies in survivial horror games. With games like resident evil,silent hill etc i care about the minor characters way more then the main one's.
The first resident evil is a good example i really liked the bravo team and the only people i really cared for from alpha were joseph frost,barry,brad and jill (i never liked chris and i HATE wesker)
For some reason in survivial horror games the main characters never really hook me that much.

i use to throw my controllers but now my biggest habit is yelling at the screen when something bad happens.

Last edited by Beretta55; Apr 19th, 2004 at 07:29 PM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #5
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Like vicious said anger management, throwing controllers(make the buttons jam) and getting the main character killed in a very sadistic way or in the case of Socom killing my teammates, yelling obscenities in the headset etc.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #6
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
The only bad habit i can remember doing is leaving the console on for quite large amounts of time..obviously i get angry sometimes with some games but what's the point of yelling at the tv or throwing the controllers..it doesn't help anything you still have to play the game to go forward ...
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:44 AM   #7
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli
but what's the point of yelling at the tv or throwing the controllers..it doesn't help anything you still have to play the game to go forward ...
Yep, but the relief Eli, the relief...LOL

PS Damn Eli you truly are a sig-making machine...

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #8
tempted

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker
PS Damn Eli you truly are a sig-making machine...
I had my other one for about 2 months and i have this one for almost 2 weeks now...and you only noticed it now...shame on you..i was waitting for you to say something in the last 2 weeks......hey if you want i can make you one...
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #9
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
wow... well i have quite a few bad gaming habbits..... my worst game for my bad habit is Halo.. when i end up having 16 people here and i am the best person trying to maintain my status as champ.. i get pretty vulgar... yeah me.. go figure! I mean not just a few "naughty" words here and there.. i come up with some pretty interestin conjuntures on profanity... but a mainstay has to be the F bomb... i drop it like its goin out of style.. that and if any of you know me personally... i have a problem with some racial slurrs too.. now i used to be a tad racist but i am not like that at all anymore.. yet those words stick w/ me.... and watching dave chappelle habitually doesnt help me get rid of this nasty vocab either

hmm.. another one i have is playing nude... i am too lazy most times to get dressed to play a video game.. when the console is in my room... but at my house i have a lot of suprise visitors and as i am playing a game.. someone walks in and i am sittin there with nothing on and a smile on my face due to my gaming bliss...

well i am sure i can think of more later.. but for now this is all

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #10
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
ok i just hope you are fully dressed when you im me (shudders at the thought of skinny white boy in the buff j/k )

ok bad habits well lets see there is the infamous falling asleep and still playing one. The werid part is i still do not die i use really bad games as costers for my drinks T.R.A.O.D for one. Lets see what else oh not completing my games and then getting new ones . i have to fully complete all games everything mastered and so forth. gee i can't think of any other (awaits the on slaughter of "did you forget" from neomarik, deathwatch and yunadiva)
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #11
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
but what's the point of yelling at the tv or throwing the controllers..it doesn't help anything you still have to play the game to go forward ...
well..your right. It is rather pointles. But as Beserker said its all about the relief. Having some outlet for your blind anger. And its not exactly a time where your thinking clearly, or at all for that matter.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #12
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
You won't find me playing a game without reading the instruction book, though there is one I remember just putting in and playing.

I do have a problem with throwing controllers when I get mad at other people though, once or twice I have spilled something on a controller too(I messed up one of our PS2 controllers that way). But the worst problem I have is walking away from the console with it still on and not getting back for a few hours.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #13
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
I have been known to shout rude words at opponents in Unreal Tournament Series games... the weird thing is, I only ever shout at AI opponents. I think its something to do with the fact that a faceless, technically non-existant opponent is so much more annoying to loose to than a real life player. Besides, Bots have really annoying quirks which give them the edge: they never get tired, they pretty much know you're round the corner, no ammount of double dodging wall flipping is going to throw their aim off.

Damned non-existant Cheaters
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 06:24 PM   #14
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I have a few bad habits... Ok for one I suppose I dont take good care of my controllers. My ps2 contoller doesnt work and everytime I try to use it the characters spin around in circles. I think the wires inside got twisted up pretty bad. I also have a tendency to get very angry when I play games and take it out on others. If im stuck in a game and quit I usually act rude or mean to my family. I take out my frustration on them and I know its not right. Thats one thing I try not to do. I also tend to eat while I play games. The controller gets all greasy and messy. I hate it when I do that. I also tend to spend over 6 hours playing games and that upsets my parents. Today i was forbidden by my dad to play since I played all day yesterday. Other than that I have some good habits too. My game area is all organized with ps1 games stacked in a row in alphabetical order. Then I have the other rows of PS2 games in alphabetical order. Then I have my stacks of gaming magazines. I group them with the title of magazine then put them in numerical order. Now if only my room was this organized then I wouldnt have a problem with my parents...
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #15
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
I read War and Peace once, while playing FFX, must say it greatly enhanced the gaming experience! Nah, from previous experiences with girlfriends, their main complaint was the time and attention it took away from them. Of course they kinda thought it neat i could kick their sons butt in MK or SF2, but overall they thought i was way too into gaming!!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:43 AM   #16
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli
I had my other one for about 2 months and i have this one for almost 2 weeks now...and you only noticed it now...shame on you..i was waitting for you to say something in the last 2 weeks......hey if you want i can make you one...
I haven't seen a lot of your posts lately, so I didn't notice.
Thanx for the offer, I really like your sigs they are the best around.
But I think I'll pass, before I know it I'll find myself going along in your sig changing-frenzie

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 03:49 AM   #17
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
OK, worst gaming habits I've heard so far! LOL:

Vicious: punching and destroying actual console!
Fantasytiger: using games as costers
Trunks: playing in the nude?!!!?!??

Oh, man. That last one was just plain scary.

As for me, my worst habit used to be throwing my controllers, but I haven't really done that much in ages. It takes an extremely infuriatingly hard game to do that to me now. PLus, those SNES controllers were pretty damn durable back in the day. Nowadayz, you're gonna throw your super-whatsis quadruple analog calibrated super manual pad with motion sensors and sonar outta whack. So, I take care of the freakin expensive things. Hey, have you ever opened up a PS2 pad? Not as simple as an old NES controller to fix yourself, now is it?

Then there's my habit of having to, when playing certain action games like survival horrors, pressing the "action" button along every single inch of the walls around your character or over anything shiny just to make sure you didn't miss anything important. I'm sure we can all relate to this because this habit is almost necessary. I long for the day when they figure out a way to fix this tired out old gaming problem. Even SH's looking in the direction of important things doesnt seem to help me cuz I have OCD about these things!

Here's kind of a bad gaming habit in a reversed sort of way with an opposite problem related to real life more than the actual game. You ever find yourself driving along in real life and thinking "Hey maybe if I just sideswipe this guy here or if I take this corner too hard it'll be ok because I'll just bounce right back off the guard rail and continue on to win the race home" or something equally as ridiculous? I don't know about you, but for people out there who don't catch themselves quick enough, I would imagine driving videogames could have some potentially serious side effects!

Well, there is my contribution to this thread...scary, wasn't it?

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Apr 21st, 2004 at 03:50 AM..
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 04:40 AM   #18
tempted

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker
I really like your sigs they are the best around.
Not quite sure if this is true but thanks anyway..

Quote:
But I think I'll pass, before I know it I'll find myself going along in your sig changing-frenzie
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 05:59 AM   #19
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
hmm.. another one i have is playing nude... i am too lazy most times to get dressed to play a video game..

No dude, thats not right I can't digest that.
This doesn't happen during the whole day now does it?
I'm still laughing.

MY bad playing habbits aren't bad at all, I just can't play the same game after like 20 minutes, (the onlyone that I did play for over 5 hours was FF8), I keep on switching it, man I get bored easily what'd you expect.
Another one is totally sweating while playing stealth games. I sweat all over, specially in the game Winback, I was like all full of sweat, alot more than Ruben Studdard when he sings.
It wasn't pretty.
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:34 AM   #20
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks69420
hmm.. another one i have is playing nude... i am too lazy most times to get dressed to play a video game.. when the console is in my room... but at my house i have a lot of suprise visitors and as i am playing a game.. someone walks in and i am sittin there with nothing on and a smile on my face due to my gaming bliss...
Oh my gawd, this is one of the worst habits ever! I don't even think it's very... comfortable?
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote