Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 5th, 2004, 07:49 AM   #1
ignoto
Harry's best buddy

ignoto is on a distinguished road
Question How’s Harry like? Have your own guess on Harry’s concealed semblance.

Hi everyone.
Tomorrow happens to be Harry's birthday. I’m posting this thread as a present to him (yeah, well, I know i'm being cheap). Anyways. I've known Harry for a long time. In truth i've known him for ever. But I wondered, what do YOU think to know about him?
How much information on his identity do you think you've been able to draw from this website?
How much do you assume in terms of his age, look, personality?
Where do you think he lives for example? I dunno, what about his family, have you got any ideas? has he got children? or pets maybe? and what about his past? any infantile traumatic events? (and, accordingly) what sexual preferences?

ignoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Ok... I can't guess because I know him in person. I think this means I know something about him, at least a little more than most people around here (but I admit before New Year's Eve I didn't know you both had that weird admiration for Jessica Fletcher, aka Angela Lansbury, of Murder, she Wrote. This thought still haunts me during gloomy but not necessarily cold winter nights...).

So, since this thread is here, I just want to post my birthday wishes. I won't suggest details or events to other people, so they still have to guess. I promise!

Now, you beat me. I wanted to post the birthday thread... Argh...

Happy birthday to Harry, hoping the cake I'm preparing for him won't suck

PS: EEK! I forgot about the cake to post!

*runs away*

PPS: about sexual preferences... well, I suppose my presence means something... or not? *looking nervously at Jessica Fletcher's photo*
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
https://www.prisma-online.de/image/d9...879e188d9.jpeg
happy birthday!

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #4
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Happy ß-day boss!

As for who he is, I think he is like one of those super computers twith insane AI to be able to post and run the site like a normal human can.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #5
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
Um, his first name really begins with an L ? Maybe ? Did I dream that ?
He had to get the bridge on his fender jaguar changed ?

This may well have been a dream I had though. Regardless, Happy Birthday !

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii reckon he is most definitely around the age of 24/25/27/65/43 and may or may not be Sydney Greenstreet in the role of Kasper Gutman or (and this is my personal favourite prediction) Dirk Benedict as Face from the A Team.

Yeah !

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #6
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Ahh the two years i've spent on the boards have been fun! I remember why i found this place. I was in Ohio visiting my grandmother. my dad brought his lap top and i decided to go searchign fo ra ps2 forum, after 3 or 4 disappointments(i was just going down the line of the search) I came across www.ps2fantasy.com i click the link and saw how active it was and thus Solid: Snake was born. I remember Harry closing a thread where me and someone (forgot who) were constantly flaming eachother. Yep yep yep. Ok ill stop reminiscing on myself and focus on the topic at hand. I believe Harry to be between the ages 18-24, bout 5'8-5'9 medium length brown hair with maybe a bit of high lighting from staying out in the sun, i imagine him to be smart as crap(though that doesnt do him justice) i imagine he listens to old school rock, he probably lets the Led out(i know i do!)

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #7
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey Happy Birthday also, Harry! I know Harry some through emails over the past three years, so have more info than some peeps. Either way, he gets a big, big thumbs up for keeping the site up and moving and improving from day one. And to him, and all his friends, i say have a great day, and an even better tomorrow!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #8
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
It's sad to say, but my idea of Harry's physical appearance is pretty much based on his avatars. It's weird how knowing people over the net does that, as you start to form pictures of what people looks like from things that have nothing to do with them (so umm... for the record, I don't have blonde hair, I'm most certainly neither cute nor small and I don't own a single piece of pink clothing. Life would be so much less complicated if we were our avatars huh? ^^)

I'm pretty sure that Harry is multilingual... I'm guessing he is fluent in English, Italian (because Panuru and Harry "shared" a webspace which was "mostly in italian"), HTML and XML. I'm personally unsure whether Harry is a native Italian speaker, but I'm certain that if he isn't, he's made a big effort to learn as if he was. My doubt mostly hinges on the fact that I've only seen him write in english, and he does so better than 99% of the forum members around here. Not an insult to us, but a complement to him of course. Online he "speaks" all of these languages with the dialect of authority, but with an edge of kindness. I've seen people banned and thats just been it. A ban, no harsh words and an honest note to the forum goers about why the person in question went too far. I believe that offline, he's rarely authoritive in tone and rather speaks with a kindly and friendly one to people all the time. I also think that his belief system is like that as well - he's a charitable guy who gives far more than he takes. Thats one thing I can certainly decipher from a website as intensively worked as this one. He's also no quitter, and willing to put bucket loads of effort into something he basically loves, even if it causes him plenty of grief ^_^

Age wise, I think of him as probably in his mid-twenties... he's probably 5 foot 11 and quite thin (guys who use computers are either thin or fat with no in between... I will find out why this is one day...). I don't think computers take up all of his hobby time though, so he's probably athletic with typical guy interests like Cars, Bikes and Football. And girls, though I'm hoping (for his sake) that his tastes aren't limited soley to older ladies from daytime TV shows . Anyways, I reckon he has light brown hair and green eyes.

Ok, i'm exhausted there. Can't think of anything else to say, except one final thing. My mental image of Harry is of a guy who is worth writing a "what my mental image of Harry" post for, and who is also worth saying "Happy Birthday" to at the end of it all... So Mr Dirty Harry:

Happy Birthday ^^
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #9
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by kupoartist[i]
It's sad to say, but my idea of Harry's physical appearance is pretty much based on his avatars.
This is exactly what I was going to say! Weird that! I always picture ppl being their avatars! And don't lie kupo i've seen those pictures of you in that pink outfit!

Anyways I don't really know anything about Harry.. I would guess he was late 20's early 30's but this is just because he is smart, stern (when he wants to be) and coz I'm crap at guessing!

Anyways Happy birthday Harry!
Congratulations on running such a wonderful site for all these years and bringing together some of the best people on the net!
Goodluck in your future and I hope all your Angela Lansbury fantasies come true!
BTW Harry I'll never see you in the same light again!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #10
Dactrius
Night Elven Rogue

Dactrius is on a distinguished road
I'd like to say that Harry is without doubt the friendliest Administrator of a forum I've ever come across, and that's saying something considering the amount of forums I visit! There was one particular admin I crossed who removed custom avatars just so he could use them as an (Extremely expensive) option in the forum store. Over half the forum complained, some even left, but he wouldn't have any of it, he just wouldn't budge.

But Harry? No, like the other week when Piggle asked for a change in the length of sigs, he just strolled on in and sorted it with a smile. I don't know him at all really, but that really impressed me!

So yeah, give yourself a pat on the back as I present thee with an official 'Dactrius double-thumbs up award', a very rare and coveted achievement.

Oh and happy birthday man, however old you are...

[PS2]: N/A
[XBox]: N/A
[GC]: N/A
[PC]: N/A
Dactrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 07:10 AM   #11
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
What can I say about this guy? It's funny because only recently have I had the pleasure of talking to him via AIM in real time. Let me tell you, Harry is a riot to talk to. Just make sure you don't catch him too late at night or he might have downed a few too many bacardi's and not be able to think of anything other than ordering a gigantic pizza :lol: This is why, other than another theory that was provided, I am pretty sure he is an actual human being and not some supercomputer, although his work ethic would seem to suggest otherwise! I mean geez! Seriously, have you ever seen anybody else so young putting their all into their dream even in the hardest and negative looking of times? For the entertainment and greater good of so many other people? Remember how he refused to make us pay for forum access or sell out to another company even when it looked like PS2F was done for back last summer? And then the man announced the new site format and it took him so long most wondered if he was pulling our leg, but the day finally came and we realized that that whole time we were being so selfish waiting impatiently he was up all hours of the night working his ass off buried in code and other such things trying to make this happen... and it did! It fucking did! Harry I'm going to write a song about you, man! HAHAHA!

And I must also thank him for a personal favor he has done for me and that has been his confidence in me as a writer-more specifically a quality video game reviewer. I wonder if he knows what that has done to help my self esteem and boost my ability to start doing more constructive thigs in my life. Well, I think he knows now
Also, thanks to these forums I have met some of my best friends ever.

SO now the actual birthday wish:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND!!!

May you scarf down as many pizzas as you want on this wonderful day!!!

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #12
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
I know nothing of Harry but if i had to tell you what i think he is like here it goes

I think Harry has a calm demenor but is one of those guys who is close to the edge like if you screw up and he will cast you to the lower regions of eternal darkness. I think he sits on a throne made of human skulls all of which were his previous employee's that were five seconds late from returning from lunch. He drinks the blood of the lazy people from the head of one of his competitor. Then if you really tick him off he can do the dark vader thing were he just looks at you and you kill over. Then he laughs an evil laughter that makes puppies and small children cry.

ok maybe i am a bit too imaginative lol j/k Harry i am sure you are a great person and i hope he does have a happy birthday.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #13
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Well i have no idea of how Harry's like but he seems to be a really cool guy..at least that's the idea i get from his posts and from the way he manages the site ..but anyway Happy B.Day Harry hope you have a great day! https://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/greet006.gif
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #14
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
He's a superhero: from what I know he can do anything. He's human though, not a machine or some supercomputer. He's wiser than most people I happened to meet, both on the Internet and real life. He's probably a mutant, no other explanation. He's a great Star Wars fan, and he admires Al Pacino. He has amazing artistic, musical and cinematic tastes, he's cultured and can talk about many interesting things. His views are very personal and well pondered. He's never following the mainstream just to please people. You can learn a lot from him. Ask him something, he'll do anything to help you! Definitely a rare person to find, full of qualities and abilities!

Happy birthday
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #15
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
Whatever you may say or guess, Harry is one of the best guys ever. People should really have the chance to know him better, but he's busy with so many things that he cannot start many conversations or talk to anybody on these boards. He's the coolest I see why people think he looks like his avatars: once a guy from these boards told me he thought it was my face in my avatar (while it's Carlito from Carlito's Way, he he he). Harry's avatars give him a certain halo of mystery, that's cool, it's part of the "character". I don't know about childhood traumas or events of his life, but the fact he's a Pacino fan is more than enough to make me feel empathy with him. As for the rest, I don't care if Harry has a pair or elephant ears or long fangs, if he can fly or roll his tongue. You must appreciate the man for what he does and says when he's around this place. But, man Jessica Fletcher is creepy and brings tragedies and misfortunes wherever she goes! A very catastrophic woman! I wouldn't even dare to touch her without an exorcism! How could you admire her? Maybe it's her maturity or the blond hair That's disturbing... Other than that keep it up!

Hope you're having a good one!

Rock on!
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #16
Sodge
Killing In The Name

Sodge is on a distinguished road
I know nothing about Harry -- aside from his brilliant webmaster skills and layout design abilities -- but happy birthday regardless!
Sodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #17
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I've been on these forums for quite awhile now, but I honestly can say that I don't know Harry anymore than I did when I first got here. Though elusive he remains through announcements and website/forum changes, he's done a kick-ass job of maintaining everything around here at PS2Fantasy and for that, he has my utmost respect. Congrats on your birthday dude!

Last edited by DragonSphere; Jun 7th, 2004 at 12:46 AM..
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #18
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Like most of us, don't know much about him. But I know what's most important he's the one that makes all this possible and puts tons of effort into this website. He's very friendly to anyone that comes along and always has something nice to say. So my image alltogether of him is a very wise, nice, hard-working man with a vision.
I wish you all the best on your birthday, have a nice one!!!

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #19
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
What a great "happy birthday" thread! Thanks to my best buddy - he was right when he said we have been knowing each other forever, we are like brothers - for coming here and posting this thread! Thanks to my dearest Panuru for the great birthday she gave me, and for the many ways she tries to help me everyday. Thanks to all those who took their time to answer in here and to wish me this "special" happy birthday.

The only thing I did here was creating a little gaming website, with the help of many great gals and guys; I probably should have given up many times during these four years with Ps2Fantasy.com, but I can occasionally be so tenacious to seem stupid, also to those who love me.

I'll say I'm a bit of everything of what you have said. As long as this place will be, Harry will be here.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote