Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:20 AM   #21
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
Sad things only get sadder

During the first year after the stop of Meteor, a disease began and spread called Star Scar Syndrome. Nearly the entire population were killed, including the close friends of Cloud.

A voice of a small girl says in the trailer: "That day, the power was used. Therefore, the star now lives. The humans have become the star, their souls among the star. And I had thought it would all be over..." That voice, from my speculation, is Marlene.

Tifa died, as did Barret and everyone else. Cloud's motorcycle is known as "Fenrir".

After the silver haired man appears, Cloud is standing before a grave and says, "I won't be forgiven, but I want to be forgiven." A sword in the ground, usually interprets that the wielder of that sword died where it is stabbed. This sword was stabbed in the ground at Junon Harbor.

Cloud fights alone, because the world denied anyone else the right to live.

Prepare for the ultimate spoiler - The person in the wheelchair that Mystery Man walks up to, (it's been confirmed that it is highly possible that the Mystery Man is a reincarnated Sephiroth) is none other than AERIS. The fact that Mystery Man kneels down to grab her hand interprets two ideas: Sephiroth still loves her and regrets killing her, or Sephiroth is no longer evil and is trying to bring her back to life so she can reverse the effect of Holy.

What we pretty much know: The Planet is angry at humans for the evil acts they have commited two years before, experimenting on themselves creating dangerous fighters like Sephiroth who aspire to destroy the planet, and characters like Cloud who don't care about the planet.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:29 AM   #22
Hero
Lost Hero

My mistake. Cloud isn't over looking Midgar... Lookie

https://hometown.aol.com/littiemaster/Clipboard11.jpg

Appears to be Midgar. On the left we have the Sister Ray, and on the right the ShinRa tower. At this point in the trailer Cloud actually says, "I want to be forgiven, but I can't forgive myself." He feels guilty for something. That death place is also the grave of Zack, and the sword that's stabbed into the ground is Zack's sword, which hasn't been used in years.

https://hometown.aol.com/littiemaster/Clipboard07.jpg

Someone noted on their site this discovery. Cloud isn't wielding the Buster Sword anymore. It appears to be a very wide sword with a sharper edge.

If you look closely at this next image, you'll know why it might NOT be Sephiroth, but some genome soldier related to him.
https://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen008.jpg
Anyone who knows FF7 knows that Sephiroth didn't fight like that. He wielded his sword straight with the blade towards the inside of his hand. This gent fights with the sword backwards, similar to a middle eastern type of sword fighting.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 06:19 AM   #23
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Cool, but that's not the masamune he's holding, right?
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #24
Brit

Brit is on a distinguished road
come on hero, to say that your more of a die hard ff fan than any1 else on these forums is just bad and wrong,

i too have seen the 45mb trailer and to be honest yer its graphically sound, but its not really anything special. looks a lot like ff: spirits within looked and from the sound of things they are about to kick a dead donkey by dragging out a perfectly good ending to a story with a squel movie.

die hard fans on a subject are about everything to do with that subject, but even die hard fans know that there is a line to be drawn. i could sit here all day and add my own opinion to some of the things you've said but to be honest its not really worth it, for example: turning your players into gods, even ff8 took you to a level where your guys were godly, squall on a 1/4th on his health with a lionheart sword would easily have killed anything you threw at him. same with everybody's limit breaks in that game. long as you had the sword you didn't even need to have a 255 strength, simply equipping something like blizzara would have put u on a 170 strength and still done a 10 x 9000 damage lionheart.

ff games at the end of the day do not just end with the final boss, to get the most out of a game you have to do the quests, otherwise its just not right, with ff7 it was the weapons, you could taken em on easy once you had mime and kotr but its about testing ur ultimate materia's onm summit. same goes for omega and ultima in ff8, that was the test of lionheart and powerful limits. side quests exist for those who want to explore all aspects of the world the ff series offer. its not about making your player into a god, its about knowing that you've done everything in the game that there is to be done. on top of this most quests arn't tackled until right near the end of the game )usually just before facing the final boss) so its not like you go through the game overly ill equipped and 10x stronger than you needed to be

thats all from me for the moment
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #25
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I think you took it a little the wrong way, Brit, Hero was, in his post, emphazising more into the story lines of the games, more than in gameplay. I do understand your point, just like in that MGS thread I made long ago, how so many people call themselves "fans" but they don't even play the damned VR missions in substance (but they are die hard fans, yes, whatever :\ )

However, he has not said anything about the late FF's gameplays, that is not true, the further you advance in the game, the more god-like you become, and the easier battles get, regardless of the purpose of this, it is a fact.

And now, thanks to Hero, I'm freaking excited about this movie. God damn you, Hero

Any ideas when will we get to watch it over here?

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:26 PM   #26
Hero
Lost Hero

Summer 2004 is when those Lucky bastards in Japan are getting it, so expect it here around the same time.

For an English dub on the other hand, it would depend solely on the sales of the Japanese version AND the demand of the movie by American/UK/Canadian viewers that want to see an English version. I wouldn't push for it though... American dub overs can be rather torturing to endure... "I'm Goku... GGGRRRRRAAAWWWWWWW" *constipated noise*

And yes Brit, I know about Squall's Lionhart combo but you have to think, without Gamefaqs or a guide, would you have figured this out on your own? I highly doubt it. Without the help of others, your first time through, you just play through the game, getting what you can, hoping to get stronger, always wondering, "Why the hell are the enemies always a tough fight to go througH?"

the thing is, in Final Fantasy 7 and 9, all you had to do was run around and gain experience, and you had enough gusto to fight against Sephiroth without breaking a sweat. Put it this way, my first time through 7, I didn't have enough money to buy it, but I HAD to play it, so I rented it. In three days time, I was at level 43, didn't have any special materia's. My strongest magic attack was Lightning 2, and the only other character as strong as Cloud was Tifa. Tifa, Cloud and Barret were the only characters above level 35, and the rest were below level 25. I fought Sephiroth and I didn't die until I almost killed the One Winged Angel version. In any other Final Fantasy game prior to 7, that kind of sloppiness and rushed game would get you dead FLAT.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #27
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Well, I would have never been able to do that. Sephiroth was hella hard my first time through, maybe there's something in your strategy that's missing from mine. Anyway, what is that sword the unkown white haired guy is holding? It doesn't look like the masamune.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #28
Hero
Lost Hero

It's a double edged katana, similar to the Masamune in size, but not it at all. His slashing style is completely different from Sephiroth too. Sephiroth only held his sword, handle up, when he was idle.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:46 AM   #29
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Really? I didn't think it was the masamune because it looked shorter than I thought the masamune was.
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 10:03 PM   #30
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
https://www.gamerclans.com/main/modul...isc/ff7-ac.zip

i found da vdo if u want 2 c it
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #31
pjb2006

pjb2006 is on a distinguished road
this movie's gonna rule. I've seen some screens from EGM. Sephiroth looks awesome.
pjb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote