Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
Musou Orochi

I believe this probably belongs here.

Anyway I'm not sure how many of you play Dynasty Warriors and the Samurai warriors games, but this new game actually combines them both together and is suppose to be the last game, which koei is doing for the PS2.

https://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi/index.htm (official Japanese gamesite)

https://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/mo-screenshots.php (Has some information on the storylines of each kingdom and screenshots etc)

https://www.youtube.com/group/koeiwarriors (Some videos from people who have got the game, Some people have also put some of the endings up too so be careful of spoilers)

Personally I'm hoping that they will be releasing the game over UK and america as well. It's only recently been release in Japan.

Its looking pretty good and I like the idea of choosing three characters and swaping between them throughout the battle.
I also like from what I've seen that your character can now call for a horse, so now if you find yourself seperated from your mount at a distance you can now call to it to come to your side.
I always wanted something like that in the games.

What do you guys think of this game?

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"

Last edited by Soul Angel; Mar 29th, 2007 at 02:36 PM..
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #2
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I'm a pretty big fan of Dynasty Warriors, ever since DW2 it's a fun series for what it is. I got to the point where I only started buying the Empire versions of the series though (I have Dynasty Warriors Empires and Samurai Warriors Empires both for 360) because the strategy elements add more depth to the game and recently only the Empire games have had the option to create custom characters. Samurai Warriors 2 didn't so I waited on the empire version.

I do like the idea of adding both of the series together, I just hope they don't take too many pains in trying to explain why characters from two different countries are fighting together, it'd be best to just ignore that I think.

I also like the option of calling for your horse instead of trying to find where you misplaced it (your steed would even disappear after awhile if you weren't on it I believe) and waste time. I'm the kind of guy in this game where I like to kill virtually everybody, close all the gates and then take the final enemy commander and his remnants last in a total onslaught of all my forces. Sometimes my buddies get in trouble so having the option of calling for my horse and racing over there is a great. I usually broke as many boxes I could find and hope for those 30 second speed boosts to get me there.

I also hope for custom characters in this game, since there are a small number of real warriors in the game I enjoy playing from a gameplay perspective and story perspective and mostly prefer to make my own guys after I finish with them.

I'm sure it will come stateside and UK, I don't think a DW or SW game not come out in other countries besides Japan, nearly everybody picks these games up like candy.

Also it’s good to see you back at PS2fantasy Soul Angel, welcome back.
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 03:24 PM   #3
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
It's good to be back!
I'm also glad to see you Beretta55 are still here posting as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
I'm a pretty big fan of Dynasty Warriors, ever since DW2 it's a fun series for what it is. I got to the point where I only started buying the Empire versions of the series though (I have Dynasty Warriors Empires and Samurai Warriors Empires both for 360) because the strategy elements add more depth to the game and recently only the Empire games have had the option to create custom characters. Samurai Warriors 2 didn't so I waited on the empire version.
Its nice to find someone else on here who likes playing these games as well!
I personally find myself buying all of the DW series for the PS2, but I only have the first SW and its expansion pack so far, so there's quite a few new characters there, which I don't know let.

I do know that they brought the custom character thing back for the DW5 expansion back as well.

Quote:
I do like the idea of adding both of the series together, I just hope they don't take too many pains in trying to explain why characters from two different countries are fighting together, it'd be best to just ignore that I think.
Me too it'll be nice to see both these series together and how the characters will act towards each other and how Koei will pull off the story for this.

Quote:
I also like the option of calling for your horse instead of trying to find where you misplaced it (your steed would even disappear after awhile if you weren't on it I believe) and waste time. I'm the kind of guy in this game where I like to kill virtually everybody, close all the gates and then take the final enemy commander and his remnants last in a total onslaught of all my forces. Sometimes my buddies get in trouble so having the option of calling for my horse and racing over there is a great. I usually broke as many boxes I could find and hope for those 30 second speed boosts to get me there.
I totally agree with you there, it's not too much of a problem when you're playing as a fast character like Lu Xun etc but when your a slower character then its a whole different story

Quote:
I also hope for custom characters in this game, since there are a small number of real warriors in the game I enjoy playing from a gameplay perspective and story perspective and mostly prefer to make my own guys after I finish with them.
I hate to tell you this but there isn't a create a warrior mode in this game
Personally this doesn't bother me to much since I perfer playing as the orignal characters myself, but on the up side you will have a total of 77 or should I say 79 characters to choose from with two whole new characters, which have been added to this game. I guess with that many characters though they might of found it abit hard to fit a CAW mode in as well.

Quote:
I'm sure it will come stateside and UK, I don't think a DW or SW game not come out in other countries besides Japan, nearly everybody picks these games up like candy.
I've heard of possible rumours that it will be released in october for Europe and maybe June/July time for US, so will have to wait and see when it will truly come out over here
But I've heard its sold pretty well in Japan.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
You heard right about the game selling well in Japan, it's only been out a couple of weeks and already sold half a million.
https://ps2.ign.com/articles/775/775997p1.html
You can read about it here, this article also confirms Musou Orochi coming out in North America and Europe. So a few months or so I bet this game will hit both our shores, I'll get the 360 version, just like I got the last two empire games for the system.

I'm a little disappointed about no custom characters, since I would make some pretty cool spear wielding characters (my favorite weapon in the series) in the games and just destroy everyone, good times. But the sheer number of characters should be fine, plus I can have three people at a time. So my Zhao Yun, Gan Ning, and Hanzo Hattori alliance will finally be realized, awesome.

I also hope for once Koei stops the pure cheese factor of the voice acting, at least on the English side. I understand nobody is going to sound Chinese or Japanese with English voices but you can still do quality voice acting in games such as these. Yet everybody sounds inappropriate or just plain bad, but I guess that adds to the charm of the game. It’s just so cheesy that it’s good since I laugh at a lot of the cutscenes when they attempt "drama". I could switch to Japanese voice over’s, but I guess in the end I do enjoy the cheese factor of the dialogue.

It's so weird that its bad too since I've looked at a lot of the cast list and the majority of them are good and well respected anime voice actors like Crispin Freeman, Wendee Lee and Yuri Lowenthal yet everyone comes out sounding bad. I just can't imagine a world where Yuri Lowenthal, the prince of freaking Persia sounds horrible in a videogame, yet it happens it boggles my mind. So I guess there's only three certain things left in life, death, taxes, and horrible voice acting in a Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors or generally any game made by Koei.