Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Kaolla Su
Banned Member

Kaolla Su is on a distinguished road
What is your favorite game of all time?

Yeah so whats the best game you've ever played old or new? It will give people ideas on games they should check out.

My favorite game is

..............Tactical.....Espionage....Action
METAL GEAR
.....................S..O..L..I..D..
Kaolla Su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #2
absinthe_fairy

absinthe_fairy is on a distinguished road
Hard decision to make considering I have a lot of favourite games. But an indefinite one would have to be Suikoden I and II. Those games are RPG heaven in my eyes. Not even Final Fantasy VII engaged me as much as they did.
absinthe_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #3
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
2way tie:

Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
--and--
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(N64)

hmm considering my choices here, perhaps this should just be in the general section of the forums.

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 11:36 PM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
of all time....

ninja gaiden on xbox
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #5
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Mass
of all time....

ninja gaiden on xbox
im surprise you didnt say a R* game or tomb raider.

anyway my fav. game of all time is Metal Gear Solid 3.^__^

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #6
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Its a toss up between MGS3 and RE4.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #7
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
I’m not going to say until I get my copy of MGS 3, its got Vic's and Sasuke's vote so it looks promising to be my no 1 game!

But at the moment its Metal Gear Solid and closley Golden Eye

Always the hardest choise to make in video games.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #8
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan da man
I’m not going to say until I get my copy of MGS 3, its got Vic's and Sasuke's vote so it looks promising to be my no 1 game!

But at the moment its Metal Gear Solid and closley Golden Eye

Always the hardest choise to make in video games.
you'll know its the greatest the first minute you've played it.

btw, have you played the demo yet ? ive heared the new OPM uk mag. will come with the mgs3 demo.

Last edited by Vic Viper; Feb 17th, 2005 at 04:06 PM..
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #9
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
you'll know its the greatest the first minute you've played it.

btw, have you played the demo yet ? ive heared the new OPM uk mag. will come with the mgs3 demo.
I dunno to be honest, thanks for the tip il check it out tomos at my local store.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #10
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
im surprise you didnt say a R* game or tomb raider.

anyway my fav. game of all time is Metal Gear Solid 3.^__^

I like rockstar north alot, they have made some great individual efforts in my eyes. They've established a reputation.. GTA3,GTA:VC,GTA SA and even Manhunt are all great games targeted to a mature audience. As for your comment on TR, the original games will always be classics to me. I'm hoping that the new TR will revitalize the franchise and win back some of the support it lost with AOD.

Now onto Ninja Gaiden, my tastes evolve as games offer more freedom to me. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, but it's not powerful enough to overshadow the fact that things always get better as technology progresses. Although, an experiance may not be able to duplicate itself entirely, it is possible for an experiance to become even better. Ninja Gaiden is a better experiance, it's the total package, graphics,sound,story,action,controls..it's a masterpeice. Above all else though it's challenging, give it a try sometime..

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 08:57 PM   #11
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

i want to play NG but i dont have an xbox..

Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 09:15 PM   #12
Kerotan#6

Kerotan#6 is on a distinguished road
fav game has really got to be FFVII and/or FFVIII they seemed to keep my attention and they took me the most time to play through but next on my list is mos def MGS3: SE
Kerotan#6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM   #13
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

When I first joined this place, I proclaimed loud and clear that my favorite game at that time was Final Fantasy 8. Now, almost 3 years later, I proclaim loud and clear that my favorite game now is... still Final Fantasy 8.

Over the time span of 3 years, I have managed to play a significant number of other games from different genres and platforms. Yet no game I have played thus far has ever intrigued me as much as this game.

This game is not as underrated as FF9, but that is simply because most of its spotlight, has, unfortunately, been in the negative light. Many proclaim that this is the absolute worst FF in the series (my vote goes to FFX and it retarded counterpart).

I think differently, though. I think that much of the unppeal of this game is both its storyline along with the junction system. I, on the other hand, think that the main appeal of this game is the storyling and its junction system. This said, I think that FF8 is either a love it or hate it type of game; there is no in between.

The story truly was a love story, but not a sappy one at that. It was a story that entwined many aspects of tragedy and despair, which again, some like, the others don't. Also, the battle system of this FF departed from the traditional MP practice. Here, you actually had to draw magic either from enemies or from draw spots scattered all over the world. Naturally, since this means that any magic can be acquired at virtually any character level, the most powerful spell were either owned by tough fiends or were in hard to reach places. Since you could junction spells to your stats, and thus uncrease them, this also meant that while in battle, you couldn't just keep using Ultima, Ultima, Ultima because if you had this junction to say, your vitality slot, then your HP would dimminish right there in battle consequently. This, of course, soon became a hated feature because it meant that while magic was able to boost your stats, it was able to lower them equally, if not more... and all in one battle! Again, I on the other hand, thought this was great because this meant that you actually had to have some sort of strategy. This means that hitting the "Auto Junction" option was not really the best way to go, but that rather the best this to do would be to sit down and take time to junction them to whatever you saw most suitting. This also meant that while in battle, you couldn't simply use your strongest spells to zap monsters even though you were allowed to carry 100 of each. It meant that your best best against monsters with a terribly high HP (Omega Weapon, anyone?), you ACTUALLY had to use elemental attributes (when possible) and that you ACTUALLY needed your summons (GFs), which were in itself, another rut, since they could take forever to pop up if you didn't have a good compatability with them. Basically, if you don't use them, when you actually need them, they are not going to come soon and when they do, it'll be likely that either them or you will be KO'd... and if THEY got KO'd, then too bad for you because that makes them unusable for the remainder of that battle... no phoenix downs, no nothing!

See? The battle system was incredibly complex, at first, anyway and quite strategic from beginning to end. So yeah, I can see why many people don't like it, but I absolutely did.

I just found it to be amazing in every aspect, from characters, plot, to timeplay.

So yes, I'll stop now. But again, my vote goes to Final Fantasy VIII. Besides, I absolutely Squall. ^^;
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #14
LeCrap

LeCrap is on a distinguished road
I have a tie between Sonic Spinball, Half-Life, Twisted Metal 2, all the gameboy Pokemon games, Crash Bandicoot, and Final Fantasy 7.
LeCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:35 AM   #15
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_doughnut
Many proclaim that this is the absolute worst FF in the series (my vote goes to FFX and it retarded counterpart).
Agreed.

My favorite game of all time? Obviously
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:54 AM   #16
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now onto Ninja Gaiden, my tastes evolve as games offer more freedom to me. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, but it's not powerful enough to overshadow the fact that things always get better as technology progresses. Although, an experiance may not be able to duplicate itself entirely, it is possible for an experiance to become even better. Ninja Gaiden is a better experiance, it's the total package, graphics,sound,story,action,controls..it's a masterpeice. Above all else though it's challenging, give it a try sometime..
Agreed. This game actually had me on my toes in boss fights because that's how much it pissed me off. If there were more games that puts up quite a challenge on a normal difficulty setting. (I am not including MGS 3 yet since I haven't beatin it ^_^) I love challenging games that has nice controls (gameplay), graphics, and story. And it's actually not one of those button masher where you can just attack without defending. Far more strategic than that. It's very rare to come across one of those games in this day in age. Ninja Gaiden is my pick. (Plus I'm a ninja fan)

Off-topic- I hear people are comparing Devil May Cry 3 to Ninja Gaiden. Is it really that difficult?

Last edited by Phenom; Mar 5th, 2005 at 05:56 AM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM   #17
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

Billyum7 is an unknown quantity at this point
the best game ever is 007 goldeneye for n64!

I am the Grand Theft Auto GuRu

My FORUMS
Billyum7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM   #18
GuitarHero30017

GuitarHero30017 is on a distinguished road
My favorite game of all time would definitly be mike tysons punchout for the NES i never beat it but i got to mike tyson when i was drunk one night
GuitarHero30017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #19
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom
Agreed. This game actually had me on my toes in boss fights because that's how much it pissed me off. If there were more games that puts up quite a challenge on a normal difficulty setting. (I am not including MGS 3 yet since I haven't beatin it ^_^) I love challenging games that has nice controls (gameplay), graphics, and story. And it's actually not one of those button masher where you can just attack without defending. Far more strategic than that. It's very rare to come across one of those games in this day in age. Ninja Gaiden is my pick. (Plus I'm a ninja fan)

Off-topic- I hear people are comparing Devil May Cry 3 to Ninja Gaiden. Is it really that difficult?
Wow, I don't remember posting in this thread at all lol.

But I guess it's time for an update since Ninja Gaiden is no longer my all time favorite.

I have quite a few favorites now, and trying to decide which one is my top favorite is hard because I think I like them equally... for the time being.

Devil May Cry 3 - Unlike Ninja Gaiden (I believe God of War doesn't carry over either after beating the game. I don't remember), everything carries over to a new game. And I like going through without having the need to find all them weapons again. The flashing cut-scenes is what really did it for me in this one though. I don't think you can get any flashier than that. (If there are any games with flashier cut-scenes, let me know lol)

Kingdom Hearts 2 - I still hate Sora, but he's more tolerable in this one than he is in the first. Sora = Naruto in this one. (But then again Kingdom Hearts 2 has Naruto written all over it lol.) Stupid and naive. In any case, it's not the best game, but it's simple and straight forward. And besides, hack n slashers are my type of games. And like DMC3, majority of the cut-scenes were top notch.

Organization 13 = Akatsuki

Chrono Trigger - Who'd have ever thought an old game like this would end up being one of my favorites. First game I've played in a long time where "all" the characters were good. No one was annoying, granted that there were a couple of stupid tech's that should've been lefted out. For a SNES game, and 2D graphics, no less, I actually like how most of the techs look. I wouldn't mind seeing a Chrono Trigger remake for the ps2.

Final Fantasy 8 - This is probably the only game that I've played more than 4 times. (outside of DMC3) Once you learn how the junction system works, it becomes all too easy, giving the fact that you can gain access to some of the best magic at the beginning of the game, and can probably hold your own on the 4th disc with your setup from the 1st. I don't know, I haven't tried it. (I did get my Lionheart before getting off the 1st disc though .)

Shenmue - This used to be a game that I could play over and over because I wanted to fill in the notebook as well as get better in fighting. (particularly master my throwing and dodging/blocking). I say "used to" because the camera angles make it hard to enjoy the game like I did back then. But nevertheless, it is still a favorite. The 2nd Shenmue on the other hand, I think I actually hate that one now lol. They made Ryo just really stupid and naive. (Plus the voice work and camera)

That's about it for the time being. There are some games I want to try out though:

Baiten Kaitos Origins
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
Valkyrie Profile 2
Rogue Galaxy (Again)
Phoenix Wright??
Suikoden 3

Just to name a few that I'm looking into
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:25 PM   #20
Vasja

Vasja is on a distinguished road
As for me - my TOP 3 PlayStation3 Games exactly the same with TestFreaks' (based on expert and user reviews worldwide)

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. Devil May Cry 4
Vasja is offline   Reply With Quote