Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:35 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Post The Anime Network

As some of you guys may know, a while back there was news/rumor of this all anime network that plays anime 24/7. A lot thought this plan was scrapped due to lack of information on this but it is actually now up and running! Currently, the Anime Network is only for Philadelphia, but they are planning on getting it in other states in the future. You can visit the official site for more details and a list of series they are showing.

The Anime Network

A lot of the shows are the older ones you can find on DVD/VHS, like Excel Saga, Sorceror Stabber Orphen, etc. with the exception of Rahxephon and NOIR, which are recent. But with this, you can see it on TV and not have to spend so much to buy.

This is great news, though I doubt it'll be in my state any time soon.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:48 AM   #2
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Which state would that be? I just hope it comes over here to Virginia.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:51 PM   #3
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. That sounds awesome but I doubt itll be in Ohio very soon. Heck theylle have it all over the wast coast before they even think about us over here. Plus my cable company sucks and probably wouldnt offer it, just like they dont offer MTV 2 or G4tv.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #4
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
originally posted by Vicious_2003

Thanks for the info. That sounds awesome but I doubt itll be in Ohio very soon. Heck theylle have it all over the wast coast before they even think about us over here. Plus my cable company sucks and probably wouldnt offer it, just like they dont offer MTV 2 or G4tv.
Man my cable company is the same way! The sad thing is my whole life there was a cable tower in the field next to my house, but only about 4 years ago did we finally get the option to get cable.

This anime network sounds really good i hope it comes to ny pretty soon
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:22 AM   #5
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I can care less about having cable, but hell, I wish I could just get that one channel which I would certainly pay to have ;_;

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Jubei
||escape||reality||

Jubei is on a distinguished road
lol what are the chances of it coming over here to the UK? 0 or -99? lol

I have to make do with a weekly anime on Sci-fi, and cartoon network, which at my age is very sad, so heres to hoping it makes its way here

[color=light blue]courage[/color]=respect respect=[color=light blue]honor[/color]
Jubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:33 PM   #7
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Hey Jubei you get CNX in Ireland yeah? Also do you watch the Sci-Fi channel for anime? I used to see a few anime movies on them a while ago but I've never seen them show anymore

CNX is alright for anime but its really shit times they show em
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #8
Jubei
||escape||reality||

the times on CNX are pretty bad, saying that tho fox kids played escaflowne and a few other great anime shows

lol didnt really go down well with my G/F when I changed the channel to watch them tho, but hey what can I say, I love anime and I'll watch no matter what channel its on

[color=light blue]courage[/color]=respect respect=[color=light blue]honor[/color]
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #9
mark0™
Extinct.

Escaflowne of Fox Kids? Wow All I've ever notcied on that was stuff like Hamtaro and Digimon etc.

CNX's times are so screwed this week because of some Kung-Fu special (thank god its over now) So now i can get back to taping Spawn, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing whilst I sleep

Would be good to see shows they talk about here like Kenshin and Trigun. I Saw a Trigun boxset in a comic book store(good place to look for anime dvd's) which I may buy one day. Oh and if you want to buy Anime DVD's ive got a great site for you which has good prices, stocks both region 1 and 2, so you can get US imports for decent prices. Lots of Anime. I assum you in Northern Ireland so they should deliver there.

The site is https://www.play.com

Also check out the games section for a buy 2 for £30 deal on X-Box games, its so crazy, its cheaper to buy 2 games than it is to buy just 1!

But it does suck for us Anime lovers in the UK who resort to buying Anime DVD's due to lack of Anime on TV This Evangelion Collection ive just started is gonna cost me a bomb, 8 dvd's (10 if you include the movies) at £20 each (cheaper on websites though)

I can relate to our situation with you G/F, everybody in my family thinks im weird for watching anime, so I cant change the channel to it, which makes the late night showings an advantage as they wont be watching anything else

Anyways I've said enough now.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:39 PM   #10
Jubei
||escape||reality||

Nice site, think I might get a few from it, imo the best manga seris I bought on DVD has to be Guyver, man that f00king rocks

Old May 12th, 2003, 03:23 PM   #11
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
originally posted by Jubei

I have to make do with a weekly anime on Sci-fi, and cartoon network, which at my age is very sad, so heres to hoping it makes its way here
Man I remember back in the day It was the same way with me. I always watched the weekly anime on sci-fi on Saturdays, and dragonball Z was always on way early in the morning. Ahh that brought back memories.
Old May 29th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #12
darius_the_2nd

darius_the_2nd is on a distinguished road
annoying

that sucks, us in the UK cannot get it cos we live in the UK and not the USA...*grumbles*

UK anime veiws, send letters to sky so we can get this channel cos the only anime we`ve got is on fox kids and CNX whereas foxkids has very little and CNX times are screwed up. Oh and there is Sci-Fi, which only shows it on thursday after midnight, which is very annoying. If we complain to sky we could get the channel quicker i`m glad i got all that out
darius_the_2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:01 PM   #13
mark0™
Extinct.

Smile

Sci Fi tonight after Midnight? I'll be watching it

Yeah your right, does suck for us, but we really dont have the needed fanbase to have a channel launched.

But there should be some anime channel, I'd subscribe to it. And CNX sucks now, I tape Spawn, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star then Gundam Wing, All I really enjoyed ('Cept spawn, got boring quick) But now becuase of this Crappy Kung-Fu month and the introduction of the Shield (Great show, seen all season 1 though) they got rid off Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing (well they show Gundam on in the morning or something) and Spawn and Cowboy Bebop are shown at 4 am! which is even way to late for me to tape unless i have a Video Cassette that can has 5 hours of film! If I had SkyPlus i could tape it digitally but still, they've screwed up the anime schedule (and I was so getting into taping and watching it before the changed it all)

So now I have to buy Anime DVD's from shops, if you find it in Non-Geek Stores you'll get them for normal prices, usually they are very cheap (Akira Boxset for £10) but to get a wider selection, you have to go to Geek Shops, e.g. Comic Stores (not trying to offend anyone here, but they were all geeks in that store, even the shopkeeper, he laughed when the storeboy got Evangelion movie mixed up for the series, wtf?) So in the comic book store i get ripped off, £20 for EVA series part 1, damn.

So If your going to buy anime DVD's, do it online.

https://www.play.com (Great prices, Free Delivery AND Region 1 DVD's, HUGE Selection, check it out, CD's, Games too)

https://www.amazon.co.uk(Great prices, very cheap at times, but no free delivery, unless you spend £35 or more)

Thoses two sites are so great, anyone from the UK check them out.

Quite a long post, just kinda pissed off like you mate.

EDIT- Ergh, just realised I saids the same stiff as in my last post, didnt mean to though. Sorry.