Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Feb 11th, 2006, 05:25 AM   #41
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
I am honestly disgusted by Square Enix's FFVII revival, something that is justified in my opinion by nothing more than marketing reasons.
to add insult to injury, Advent Children revives several characters with very little purpose other than "ooh... won't the fanpeoples love to see X-Character in CGI?!". It's a lame marketing gimmick of a film, and I must say that my trust in Square-Enix is at an all time low...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #42
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
to add insult to injury, Advent Children revives several characters with very little purpose other than "ooh... won't the fanpeoples love to see X-Character in CGI?!". It's a lame marketing gimmick of a film, and I must say that my trust in Square-Enix is at an all time low...
Same here. Even though the director of the next Final Fantasy is good enough to make a game that could revive the interest of old fans of the series, I fear Final Fantasy XII might just be an exception (even though the sexy-bottom-centered character design is in-line with Final Fantasy X) to let Square Enix's main creative team gain enough time to prepare their first "next generation" Final Fantasy.

I do not believe Kojima will ever sell out, and give up to this kind of strategy. I loved MGS2 because it was a punch in the face of the public of the previous game and an amazing game at the same time; it's this kind of creative bravery, of intelligence, that I expect from Kojima, nothing less.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #43
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
people have a bad habit of interpretating my intensifying phrases and randomly-addressed interrogatives as personal attacks I don't even remember you talking about the old Snake, so I can't have been addressing you
Oh sorry, it's just I did mention my thoughts/feelings on the old Snake earlier in this thread and I think I'm the only one who dislikes the old Snake for the reason that he is old rather than just the visual aspect.

Quote:
All age groups should get their own video game hero. Will Snake die in MGS4? It has to be a possibility, I mean Kojima almost seems to be preping Raiden for something...
You've got a point there, Kojima does seem set to put Raiden into the mix permanently...otherwise, he wouldn't have created him and put him through the MGS2 "training."

Quote:
But sooner or later Snake is going to die anyway. It's probably far better that he goes before the game falls in danger of going stale like you said...
Well, I know that Snake is going to die sooner or later...after all, all of us humans have an expiration date, if you will. But, for me, I much prefer if Kojima allowed Snake to live at the end of MGS4 but he just retires or goes off somewhere while Raiden (or whomever) takes his place. That way, I don't have to actually see Snake die. It's much more emotionally shattering for me to see a favorite person of mine pass away at the moment, rather than the assumed idea that they pass away in the future. A good example of this would be (I'm sorry to throw a different subject in here) but the anime Rurouni Kenshin. It's naturally assumed at the end of the TV series that things end well and peaceful, but in 2002, they created a new series that revealed the death of the main character...in the worse way possible (contracting a disease...excuse me?). I don't know why I have this problem of mine, but I've always felt this way ever since I was a child.

Quote:
I agree. I have always thought that "heroes", in any kind of myth, must eventually die, disappear, go away at the right time.
For me, the heroic death thing depends on the circumstances or the situation at hand. Such as in "Legacy of Kain: Defiance"...even though I was pretty depressed too (I didn't expect an ending like that...I was very naive), it was more of an "understanding-sadness", even though I would've preferred a different fate for the anti-hero.

Quote:
Snake cannot live forever because he is not just an "action hero", one of those modern action movie characters that can be reused forever; he is closer to a tragic hero, one that from the beginning of his journey, next to his almost superhuman strengths, has already those limits that will eventually lead to his end, like Liquid, Solidus, or Big Boss.
Ah see? There, that's the problem...because Snake is more of the tragic hero, it becomes even more tragic that I (and I use myself strictly since it seems I'm the only one who isn't thrilled with his fated death ) have to see him die! With what you said above, I'm already nearly tearing up...only because what you said is very much the truth and I hate to admit it.

Quote:
But I would love the series to change its name after MGS4, to create a distinction between the past and the future - and eventually between development teams lead by different directors.
This is a good idea and I would like that too. But would the new name still include some kind of "Metal Gear" in the title? Or will the future games have something else other than the Metal Gears...another new mecha-weapon, perhaps? It'll be interesting to see what the next teams decides to do.

Oh dear, I'm afraid this thread has swayed into another topic entirely.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Feb 11th, 2006 at 03:38 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #44
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree. I have always thought that "heroes", in any kind of myth, must eventually die, disappear, go away at the right time.
I am not too sure about "Die", but disappearing sounds very intresting to me. Snake is a kinda of human who we all can expect to disappear forever. But then again....like you said Harry, he isn't our typical Super Hero or anything, that he would around all the time and wouldn't age at all just like Archie. So yeah........Disappearing would something I would like because I dont think I can see him Die....... Nooo, Snake..?..Snake!!?!! Ssssnnnaaaaaakkkeee!!!!!! *Tear*.
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #45
SniperWolf

SniperWolf is on a distinguished road
Oh... I don't like "Old Snake." He can't be as old as he looks. How many years after MGS 2 does this take place?
SniperWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:46 AM   #46
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Thought I'd sum up recent news:

- Official Release Date! - June 12 2008
Let the countdown begin!

- MGS4 Playstation 3 Bundle (sometime in June?)
Containing 80 gig PS3 plus DualShock 3

- DualShock 3 Release - April 15th, $54.99

What a way to begin the summer, eh?
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM   #47
General Q

General Q is on a distinguished road
I think this game has serious potential, like all MS games. Do ireally think this will be snake's "last mission"? probably not. it would be a terrible idea to let the franchise go after all this success...but maybe, like seinfeld, its best to leave at the pinnacle, not on the downward spiral...the preview at https://www.gamesabyss.com/index.php/...triots-preview seems like a pretty solid game to me overall...The close-quarter combat stuff seems pretty intriguing, and any improvements made to an already solid franchise can only help, IMO.
General Q is offline   Reply With Quote