Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Oct 12th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #241
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaena
oh i know. darn i forgot to tell you. Did you try the other part of the game, that devil within part?
Yeah, I like it better than the tekken force mode in Tekken 4, more diverse, easier saving sytem. I'm really liking Tekken 5 so far, thought I'd spent the latter part of my time on SClll but I'm really starting to dig the fighting system they have in Tekken 5(and that for a 2d fighter-fanatic huh). Like the characters they added too, Bruce is a killer as is Feng. I hope they would just get rid of all those bears/panda's/wooden guys for a chance and include more realistic fighters.

Oh yeah Jinpachi is real pain in the ass, way too overpowered(that's also the reason why he's playable as a character, it would seriously the damage the balance).

PS Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #242
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Well i just bought Need for Speed 2. Im about to pop that baby in soon. I cant wait!!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #243
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Right now I'm switching between God Hand (fantastic game, Clover Studio's makes another winner), Guitar Hero and the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #244
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Playing Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. (Yes!! I am no longer bored.) I just got it in the mail today, so I can't really say much about it. The graphics are prettyful though. I'll get back to you on my 1st impressions, that is if anyone is interested. (I'm a little sleepy, so you may be waiting a bit...)
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #245
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
Right now I'm switching between God Hand (fantastic game, Clover Studio's makes another winner), Guitar Hero and the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe.
What do you like best about God Hand, it's been a while since I've seen such mixed reviews about a game and I try to figure it out.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #246
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I am currently in game limbo, awaiting the PS3 and not wanting to spend any money on other titles. So to pass time, I have began playing a free pc online game called Second Life. Its fun and passes the time well.

This will be good times for the next 10 days as I await Guild Wars Night Falls, which will release on the 27th i believe. This will then pass time until the release of the PS3.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM   #247
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
spending my free time playing Bully. Great game, it's more focused than an expansive setting like GTA. So it benefits from the extra attention. The music is very unique as well, probably the best time i've spent with a game in awhile. The type of experiance that refreshes my faith in the industry and the innovators within in it.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 06:45 PM   #248
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I wanted to try out "Bully" as well since I've heard some good things about it but, alas, must wait till more free time.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #249
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
here's an article from the sf chronicle about Bully, good journalism.

https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DGSCLTG6F1.DTL

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 04:48 PM   #250
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

F.E.A.R. on 360 Fantastic game the AI is some of the best I've seen in a game.

Oh and Berserker sorry about the late reply but I'll answer some things on Godhand for you. I personally think Godhand is a must-buy game, the game has mixed reviews true but from what I've seen most of them seem to be hung up on the graphics, difficulty or how the health system operates. The graphics aren't the most impressive thing on the block, but brawlers never really go for graphics it's all about breaking someone’s nose. The game is extremely difficult; devil may cry 3 levels of hard so if you enjoy a challenge you'll like what you find. The health system never refills from level to level, so going from stage 1 to 2 you'll have the same level of health, but if you die your health meter refills. A lot of people had a problem with this but I don't see the big deal, the point in the game is to not die, the less you die the more gold you get at the end of a level. It's just another challenge in the game, the developers never said this game would be easy or hold your hand, the first stage in the game can be extremely hard if you have no idea what your doing.

The combat in the game is extremely deep, on fighting game level but still simplified you can customize combos in your move set, set up your own special moves etc. If your a brawler/fighting game fan (which I've seen from your posts you are.) then I think you will enjoy this game, I've been playing brawlers and fighting games since around the age of five, this game is a good send back to those games. The asking price is only thirty dollars so all around I think it's a good deal for how fun the game is.

Last edited by Beretta55; Nov 2nd, 2006 at 04:54 PM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 03:36 AM   #251
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
F.E.A.R. on 360 Fantastic game the AI is some of the best I've seen in a game.

Oh and Berserker sorry about the late reply but I'll answer some things on Godhand for you. I personally think Godhand is a must-buy game, the game has mixed reviews true but from what I've seen most of them seem to be hung up on the graphics, difficulty or how the health system operates. The graphics aren't the most impressive thing on the block, but brawlers never really go for graphics it's all about breaking someone’s nose. The game is extremely difficult; devil may cry 3 levels of hard so if you enjoy a challenge you'll like what you find. The health system never refills from level to level, so going from stage 1 to 2 you'll have the same level of health, but if you die your health meter refills. A lot of people had a problem with this but I don't see the big deal, the point in the game is to not die, the less you die the more gold you get at the end of a level. It's just another challenge in the game, the developers never said this game would be easy or hold your hand, the first stage in the game can be extremely hard if you have no idea what your doing.

The combat in the game is extremely deep, on fighting game level but still simplified you can customize combos in your move set, set up your own special moves etc. If your a brawler/fighting game fan (which I've seen from your posts you are.) then I think you will enjoy this game, I've been playing brawlers and fighting games since around the age of five, this game is a good send back to those games. The asking price is only thirty dollars so all around I think it's a good deal for how fun the game is.
Thanx man, I think you convinced me to give this game a try(allthough not anytime soon due to the expensive times ahead). I mainly concentrated on 2d/3d fighters to get my fighting action the last years, allthough it all started for me with side-scrolling beat-em-ups like Double Dragon, TMNT etc.Would be nice to take a little trip down memorylane with this game.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:45 AM   #252
Phenom

As I've said in my little return thread, I brought a buttload of games within the last 5-6 weeks.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Matrix: Path of Neo
Samurai Warriors
Dynasty Warriors 4
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts 2
Dragon Quest VIII

I've played all of them, but some of them I don't want anymore or just couldn't get into them from the get go. (Chrono Cross)

I was craving Kingdom Hearts 2 for a while and beat that about 2 weeks ago. Matrix was a guilty pleasure type game and I beat that a week ago. And playing Dyansty Warriors 4 made me not want to even play Samurai Warriors. I only need one game from Koei, and might as well stick with DW4.

I haven't even gotten around to Dragon Quest yet, and that was my 1st purchase. (I think I got that around January)

The game I'm playing at this very moment though, is Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Like most of them other RPG's, I rarely follow the story. (I try to, but I just don't seem to pay any attention to it.) Besides, I'm only 2-3 hours into the game, and I'm just now getting the wrestler guy.

The battle system can be fun once you get the hang of everything, but what really grab my interest was the fusions that Yuri can do. The voice acting is, well it's not bad, but it's not that great either.

Overall though, from what I've played, this is a pretty decent game. It's not really talked about anywhere..... I wonder why?
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:08 AM   #253
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Right now I'm playing Ico and the Getaway. I was playing Yakuza a little back but I've stopped playing it. I plan on playing something like Shadow of Rome or Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams next.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:14 AM   #254
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

I've been playing God of War 2. I started a few days ago. Im liking it alot. Some of the areas are just plain beautiful, I love watching the cut scenes. Its interesting since in the first game your fighting for the gods and in this one your fighting for the titans. Cant wait to play some more which reminds me, I should go play some now. lol later guys and gals
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:57 AM   #255
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

I beat the Getaway a few weeks ago and haven't played Ico in a while, here's what I'm currently playing.

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Ghost Rider
Onimusha 2
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Ico (I still plan to play it sometime...)
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #256
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

Playin F.E.A.R. for ps3 at the moment. I love it.
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #257
Phenom

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I'm clocked in at 31 hours, but most of that came from just leveling up. I don't think I'm that far into the game. I have Roger (who I hate) and just arrived at Aquios, I think that's the name. In any case, I just met the queen.

Decent game so far. Voice acting isn't as bad as I expected. There are a couple of voices there that are just dumb... Farleen is one that comes to mind. And that little girl when you first meet before meeting Cliff. I can understand the little girls voice being high pitched, but Farleen's...

Of course I haven't gotten to a point to where I can't play the game because of the voice acting yet. But like I said, the game is decent. I just wish I can find a strategy guide for a price below $20.. ($20 for a book... yeah right.) These walkthroughs on gamefaqs are pretty much crap.
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #258
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I have pretty much just been playing motostorm on my PS3. Its now gotten repetative. I still sneak in a game of NBA 2K7 and play a little Tony Hawk Project 8. I am now ranked #2.

Other then I play a lot of Guild Wars for the PC. Just working on getting titles until the expansion comes out later this year.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM   #259
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Playing FF12 and Cold War. I'm enjoying FF12 so far, it has a more interesting start then FF10, and I just hope this FF doesn't disappoint me like FF10 did. Has some kick ass characters so far, with Balthier being my personal favorite. I also don’t dislike Vann as much as I thought I would, in terms of voice acting he isn’t too bad, he doesn’t come off as whiny sounding like Tidus did. He just looks like a fashion disaster. I was also correct in not liking Ashe earlier, first time I saw her and heard her voice and how she acts I knew I would not like her, and I was right after playing the game and seeing her. I’m really enjoying the Scottish accents for some of the generic soldiers and other imperial characters, I always liked Scottish, British, Irish etc. accents.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #260
lampshade333

lampshade333 is on a distinguished road
MLB 07 The Show

have any of you played this game? I really liked the game because of the umpire personalities. Each umpire has a different definition of the strike zone. It's really cool.
lampshade333 is offline   Reply With Quote