Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Creativity Forum

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:31 AM   #1
Nelo

Nelo is on a distinguished road
Good night, ol' friend

Okay, first I must say there's gotta be much incorrectness with the grammar stuff but try to ignore it.

Good night, ol' friend

Part 1

On that pitch dark night of ardent caresses and brutal aggressions, the majority of the people in Souter Fell were trying to sleep tight despite the snowstorm that had been raiding the city already for about a few days.
However, there was a man who couldn't sleep comfortably. Actually he felt like getting his head banged against a brick wall. And his agony grew a bit with every second.
Damien Coney had been awake for almost 46 hours and had wandered into an abandoned warehouse building in the Industrial Area of Souter Fell. The howling of the wind seemed to grow even stronger. He sat on some debris of a broken cargo box and put his head between his palms.
-Why is this happening? he wondered. Right in front of him on the floor he saw a piece of glass. Looking deep into it he saw a blue-eyed, casual-looking man; knowledge of his curse beaming clearly of his face. Damien couldn't fight the need for sleep anymore and staggered onto the floor.

After a while he couldn't say how long he had been unconscious; a few seconds? An eternity? He just knew he was in his fatal dream world again.
Damien Coney didn't say a thing. Once again he was looking at the endless outback of his private hell. He wasn't even gonna think that 'here we go again'. Humour had left his life completely a few days ago. Within these days he had found a new meaning for the word 'pain'.
Even on the brink of an another chance of death for him, he could recall the days when he still was free like everyone else...
That sunny Sunday morning last year... a beautiful girlfriend, sportscar rigged with the latest equipment, good-looking house on top of a hill... life was good. An American dream for him come true.
Then, one day his girlfriend decided to go. Damien lost his job as a construction site manager because of an unknown reason, his car was impounded for piles of debts. Losing the house was probably the worst. Damien Coney loved his house. When an officer came to evict him from home, he instinctively tried to harmlessly knock him unconscious. Unfortunately, the worst happened. And now Damien's wanted.
-So turned this guy's life upside down, Damien said with ignorance reflecting from his face.
-But that doesn't still explain why this curse was cast on me in the first place... he thinks to himself, wondering how bad a film could be made of his currently so called 'life'...

There he was, watching at the tottering, misty, dark, dead quiet landscape with nothing but a few rocks and sand as far as the eye can reach. Quickly turning into his flashbacks' landscapes, he saw pictures of his past, and then, quick as a flash, he started to feel again that agony that no one can take. It was like all the feelings of the people in Souter Fell City crashed on him, continuously. There was no knowing how long this lasted. Followed by a great bellow, he woke up in the same place where he had 'crossed the border'. The blizzard was still raging outside.
Damien Coney cried a tear for the first time since he was still a child, and felt still a little dizzy and tired though he had just woken up.
Fully blinded by anger he kicked the warehouse door open and ran outside. He stopped to think near the edge of Souter Bridge.
-Will the Sun ever shine to me again?
...Around him he saw ruins, a bum going to a department store and a frozen lush sitting on a bench near a local bus station.
-Will I ever solve this mystery of mine... or am I wise and end this misery for good...? he asked himself looking down from the bridge and shivering because of seeing the ice-cold waters down below.
He made his choice and walked away from the bridge, and entered the Souter Fell Bus Station to get cover from the storm.

To be continued...

Alright, say what you think. Should I possibly write a sequence, or let it be?
Nelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 06:50 AM   #2
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
The fact you're not telling us why Damien lost house, girlfriend etc, is intentional and you plan to explain later or is it just because you think it's not that important? Because to me, it is. It would be good to have some more details on the main character IMO.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #3
Nelo

Nelo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The fact you're not telling us why Damien lost house, girlfriend etc, is intentional and you plan to explain later or is it just because you think it's not that important? Because to me, it is. It would be good to have some more details on the main character IMO.
Yes, I agree with you. I'm not that experienced with writing and noticed this lack of details and stuff just now... But I have lost my motivation and interest for this subject, and I don't think I'll write anymore.
Nelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:23 AM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
If you don't like this anymore, just keep this in mind in case you decide to write something else later. It always helps to learn from previous works, even if you have completely lost interest in them.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote