Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM   #1
BowevelJoe
ShakeandBakeMasta!

BowevelJoe is on a distinguished road
Hellsing

I know this has probably already been made, but this series is soo freaken awsome! i just watched the first 8 episodes and am about to watch the last 5 as soon as possible..if you havent seen it, its starting to be released on DVD and i would highly recommend it to anyone, just look at Meryl, she is all Hellsinged out on her avatar and such , and you know if she likes it, its gotta be good stuff But i just thought i would let you guys know how awsome the series is, and i dont want to give anything away by talking about it, just inform you. If your into Vampires, youll love it
Eater of Peenut butta!
BowevelJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 01:59 PM   #2
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I have to watch the last 3 episodes, but from what I've seen, this is one of my fave series ever. Alucard is soooo intriguing!
It is one of the best horror anime ever, that's for sure. I was surprised when I saw some anime sites giving to Hellsing a C, while they gave to "Ah!My Goddess" and "Tenchi Muyo!" A or B. I mean: are they blind or what? I'm not criticizing those series, even if I don't like them very much, but why do they consider Hellsing worse than them both for story and animation?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 02:02 PM   #3
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Well, yesterday I finished watching the whole series

And I love it with all my heart. What a freaking badass series. One of the best series I have ever seen, indeed.

(And thanks to Meryl-chan who reommended it to me )

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 04:00 PM   #4
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
So the whole series is 13 3pisodes long and all on three dvd's. That's cool. I've been wanting to see this series, but i can't rent it, and a 56k modem can't download any of the episides in time, so i was wondering how much money i would have to spend to get the whole show, and make sure that i don't waste all of it with something i might not like. But seeing that it's such a short series, it wont hurt to just get the whole thing and only be out about 90 bucks.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM   #5
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Hellsing is really cool, even if I don't get all the details of it. Maybe it's because I've watched a subbed version and the subs were not so good...
Alucard is one of the weirdest characters ever. Really cool that he can use such an heavy gun (35 pounds if I'm not wrong)
And Walter... he's simply amazing when he fights ghouls!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:06 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the compliment Bowevel. Oh and I'm really glad you enjoyed Hellsing, Frozen. Anyway...

Fortune: I'm not sure which sites actually gave Hellsing a 'C' and Tenchi Muyo and Ah! My Goddess an 'A' or 'B', but I have to agree with you that they are completely outta their mind! I would give Hellsing an 'A'....this anime is just too cool to be given a 'C'. And Alucard is intriguing isn't he?

CC: I'm sure the episodes will be packed onto at least 4 DVDs, not 3. The DVDs sell for at least (I believe) $24.99 or $29.99, depending on where you live. So, you'll be spending at least $100.00 total for all 4 DVDs if the price is $24.99 or a total of $120.00 if the price is $29.99. That's pretty expensive, but it's on DVD, so that's the reason. I hope this helps.

Hylas: Some details in some episodes are also kinda confusing to me too and I was hoping that someone can help explain them to me. I haven't watched the series in a while, so I forgotten which episodes I'm confused on. I thought the subs were okay, though I had some episodes with these really crazy fonts so I wasn't able to read them. I'm not sure if Alucard is weird, but I know he's pretty cool. His second gun, the Jackal 1/1 (the black one) is heavier than his first gun, the 454 Casull (the silver), mainly because of the way it was built. I have both models of the guns, but I'm not sure if they're made to be accurate with the anime weight, though the Jackal gun felt pretty heavy in my hand. I also like Walter too!

Seriously though, like Bowevel said, everyone should at least watch this anime once and see if they like it. It's not for everyone, but if you like action, blood, a cool main character, and an awesome rival (the priest, Anderson, from the Iscariote Orginization) this series has it all.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:02 AM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I had some difficulties too, but I'm waiting to see the last episodes before I can explain to myself the whole meaning of the series. Too bad there aren't guides yet on the web, because sometimes they're helpful. Maybe this series is too "new", and the greatest part of people (not Japanese, obviously...) are discovering it now.

Why can't I find any Alucard plushies?! I only find Seras Victoria plushies but I want Alucard's one!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:32 AM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fortune
Why can't I find any Alucard plushies?! I only find Seras Victoria plushies but I want Alucard's one!
Whoa, wait-a-minute.....there's plushes?! Omigod, I didn't even know that! I go onto Ebay looking up Hellsing and I never encountered that before. Where'd you find this information? I must have them!!
Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:17 PM   #9
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
Do you think they're planning to make a second season for Hellsing? I've read somewhere there was a possibility, but I'm nearly sure it's not true.
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:32 AM   #10
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Heart
Do you think they're planning to make a second season for Hellsing? I've read somewhere there was a possibility, but I'm nearly sure it's not true.
I also read that there might be a possibility for a second season and I'm trying to keep up with the latest news on it, but I haven't heard anything. I do hope they will make more......hopefully, Hellsing will do well in the US and the sales of it will make Gonzo Animation realize how popular it is in the US and create more.

EDIT: I have just visited this one website where they said that Gonzo would finish the Second Season of Hellsing when the manga gets finished. Currently, there is 4 volumes of the manga released and I'm not sure how many more there will be. I hope this information is not just a rumor because I'll be very upset if it is.
Old Aug 7th, 2002, 09:46 AM   #11
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Whoa, wait-a-minute.....there's plushes?! Omigod, I didn't even know that! I go onto Ebay looking up Hellsing and I never encountered that before. Where'd you find this information? I must have them!!
I've seen a couple of plushes of Victoria too, but it wasn't on ebay. It was a different store, but sorry, I can't remember the name Haven't seen any other plushes of Hellsing apart from Victoria's ones...
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2002, 08:21 PM   #12
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Merylsilverburg
Quote:
The DVDs sell for at least (I believe) $24.99 or $29.99, depending on where you live. So, you'll be spending at least $100.00 total for all 4 DVDs if the price is $24.99 or a total of $120.00 if the price is $29.99.
Here in Ny, I first heard of Hellsing when I saw it in box set already. The reason I didn't but it was cause it was empty-there was only the 1st dvd on it since the other ones haven't come out yet. The box was $29.99 and the dvd was $24.99 without it. Now that I want the series, I can't find the boxed set, only the single dvd. I guess it was never meant to be.......

*music plays and Ruckis walks off into the distance pondering where his next stop will be!!
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #13
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Here in Ny, I first heard of Hellsing when I saw it in box set already. The reason I didn't but it was cause it was empty-there was only the 1st dvd on it since the other ones haven't come out yet. The box was $29.99 and the dvd was $24.99 without it. Now that I want the series, I can't find the boxed set, only the single dvd. I guess it was never meant to be.......
Yeah, I know what you're talking about 'cause I got the box. Even though I already own the entire series on VCD, I still had to get the box 'cause I'm such a fan. You can still find the boxset version on online stores like amazon.com where they sell it only for $26.24 (but of course with s/h it'll be a little more but a lot better than $29.99 and s/h). Too bad you didn't get it, the box art kicks-ass, but the Japanese version is a little better (IMO) since it's not cardboard like the US version.
Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM   #14
BowevelJoe
ShakeandBakeMasta!

BowevelJoe is on a distinguished road
ah! you and your japanese gear! you just wait till my brother is stationed! grr! ahh, i am jealous right now, but i soon wont be Wee, anyways, i am going to get the boxed set with the first DVD, its only $25 at my local Baggages retailer wee, ill pick it up as soon as possible
Eater of Peenut butta!
BowevelJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:05 PM   #15
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

HA HA

Finally
I have found a place that had the box for $30.

Damn I went through some serious havoc for it! I trust it'll be good Meryl-I'm goin on ur word and all. I'll give you my reveiw on Saturday!
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:38 AM   #16
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Re: HA HA

Quote:
Finally
I have found a place that had the box for $30.

Damn I went through some serious havoc for it! I trust it'll be good Meryl-I'm goin on ur word and all. I'll give you my reveiw on Saturday!
Congrats! Wherever you found it, you must've been lucky! And hey, I hope you enjoy it....I mean, c'mon...there's vampires, blood, action, a bad-a$$ main character, and a cute chick... Plus, *MAYBE SPOILERS* Alucard's morphing abilites are just astounding!!! (In the later episodes).
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:38 PM   #17
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

Well, Meryl-I give you your kudos.....

The animation is great, love its style. Alucard's one mean mofo with that sick gun...heard he gets others. And from just what I see from the first three epidoes, I'm in for some gory hunky dory action.

Thanks for the tip, your the bomb!!!
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 04:19 AM   #18
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Well, Meryl-I give you your kudos.....

The animation is great, love its style. Alucard's one mean mofo with that sick gun...heard he gets others. And from just what I see from the first three epidoes, I'm in for some gory hunky dory action.

Thanks for the tip, your the bomb!!!
Hell yeah, Alucard ROCKS! And yeah, he gets another gun later in the series...the Jackal 1/1....man, with both guns, he's good to go! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the compliment.
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 05:14 PM   #19
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Yeah i finally saw the first part of the series and it kick @$$.Little question does alucauds (spelling) female partner ever get any guts.She is so blah right now so to speak.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:07 PM   #20
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake
Yeah i finally saw the first part of the series and it kick @$$.Little question does alucauds (spelling) female partner ever get any guts.She is so blah right now so to speak.
Well, in the beginning Serass doesn't have that much guts, but later on she does kick some a$$. As for the drinking blood thing, it takes a little time, but not too much.