Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM   #21
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Friza

No. They are still showing DBZ. I doubt that DBGT will really be shown until DBZ has lost most of its ratings.
Might be, it'll be a long while before they show DBGT over here on cn. Luckily, I should be getting a job this summer. So I won't need to depend on CN.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #22
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Just curious if anyone here is Japanese. I find that many people find Dragonball and DBGT to be aimed at younger kids but what I think is it's just japanese humor and we don't find it funny in the same way
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:46 AM   #23
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
5 year olds can be the funniest people around. Plus they are easy to cheat out of money (Trust me. I used to think having 5 pennies was better then a quarter. Then my sisters started in with 2 one dollar bills being better then a 5 dollar bill. Maybe I Was only 4....)

Any way....The Japanese do have a weird sense of humor...but I guess it is just weird to me. Though some of the stuff they do...I wouldn't call it human... Let's just say some Japanese comedy shows are rated NC-17 and on late at night for good reasons....*shudders*

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 07:59 PM   #24
stevil935
Banned Member

stevil935 is on a distinguished road
Re: why is GT so Pointless

no way man, dbz is awsome untill the world games saga...past that it sucks. dbgt is awsome, im not sure about the un version, but the one i got on dvd in the us is awsome!!! they must have fixed it up a bit or something cuz the story line is about the same as dbz always was, goku actually acts more cooler then he did on dbz. pan is hot! and the action and music is fanominal! dbgt forever! (oh yeah and the android saga and the cell saga are my faves, to those who say that those are the worst)

dont hate me because i'm beautiful!
stevil935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #25
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
You can say that DBGT is fan-made.

Most of the problems that made this final part of the series suck balls have already been posted.

I wa some kind of hard-core fan of DB and DBZ when I was younger. But by the time, I was also ignorant about anime overall. All I had previously watched was Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa. AS time went on and I watched other animes, I realised that DBZ didn't have very good qualioty, in many aspects. unfortunately, it was done mainly as a resource of profit more than a work of art. Thus the hundreds of unnecessary, stupid filling episodes.

Ignoring that kind of crap, I think DBZ reached the peak of it's greatness at the end of the Cell Saga. Thorughout all that time, it was shown how Gokou's relationship with his son and wife strengthened. How he trained his son and forced him to become a super saiyan. How his son surpassed him. And then, almost at the same time, something similar happened between Trunks and Vegeta, but in a different way.

I believe it is the direction of audinece which has prevented DBZ from being something much greater than it is. Being directed mainly at young kids, many interesting aspects as those father-son, master-disciple relationships have not gone deeper.

We can also thank all of the "fans" who will buy, and "like" any sort of shit that has the DB trademark on it, even if it sucks the world's biggest prick. Thanks to people like this is that them producer can do wahtever they want, and be successful wen selling, and so an abomination such as DBGT took place.

What damned fun can it be to make Gokou a stupid kid again? Thorughout the whole series? Pan, who at the end of DBZ was the most cute, adorable creature in the universe, became a stupid, ignorant, unrespectful, and stubborn bitch in DBGT. (And not to mention the ugly witch she is at the end of the series )

Characters were broken, and spoiled, Gohan, who was as strong as his father, pretty much did not exist in the series, Trunks was not even a shadow of what he was in Z, and the dragons, my God, the dragons, what kind of sick joke were they? Presumably the most powerful enemies the "Z troop" could ever find turn out to be the most pathetic creatures anyone could have thought of. One imbecile who inflates himself like gum and throws sparks. SOme other idiot who smells like shit and poisons everything. One another which is a dragon-mole. I mean, WTF? The only decent ones were the last 3 of them, and even those weren't worth being recalled as the most powerful beings on the universe.

Honestly, the only thing I liked about this pile of shit was the end. And probably it was so since
Spoiler: show
They show some sort of recompilation of Gokou's life and most important events. And how he bids a farewell to all of his long-life companions, and family. I have said it before, it made me cry. Actually every time I watch that particular episode I weep. Because it was the end of a series I sort of grew up with.

Anyway, screw GT. All of those who have not watched it, have missed absolutely nothing good, IT WAS NOT DONE BY TORIYAMA, so it's like it did not happen.

Those who watch it, I hope you enjoy wasting your time, as well as I did.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #26
Fox

Fox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by gamer

i dont like DBZ or DB GT, all i like is DB, i think the 1st few episodes of DB n i was hooked

like me n suzuki say " DB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DBZ/gt"
guess who suzuki got it from?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote