Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Aug 29th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #1
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Top 10 Anime

What's your Top 10 anime ever?

Mine is as follows, but items are not always in order of importance..
  1. Record of Lodoss War
  2. Vision of Escaflowne
  3. Hikaru no Go
  4. Cowboy Bebop
  5. Slayers
  6. Magic Knight Rayearth
  7. Yami no Matsuei
  8. .hack//SIGN
  9. Revolutionary Girl Utena
  10. Kimagure Orange Road

Some series are not always present in my "ideal" top 10, but most of these are. As you can see, I like a lot fantasy stuff, when it comes to anime. Those are all good series, but some of them are not very popular where I live.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #2
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Lets see...

10. Dual
9. Rahxephon
8. Golden Boy
7. Outlaw Star
6. Hellsing
5. FLCL
4. Cowboy Bebop
3. Final Fantasy Unlimited
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
1. Chrono Crusade

They are pretty much in order of how I like them. I like loads of other animes, but this is definately my top ten of them.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMourdor
6. Hellsing
Yeah right on! You should check out the new "Hellsing" OVA series coming late 2005. Here's the official site in Japanese, it's under construction till September 15 though.

My top ten in no particular order:

10. Cowboy Bebop
9. Bleach
8. Whisper of the Heart
7. Spirited Away
6. HeatGuy-J
5. My Neighbors, the Yamadas
4. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Hellsing
2. Fruits Basket
1. The Big O

Nothing new...don't watch animes that much anymore, I think I'm burning out...

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 04:42 AM   #4
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
10 ) Spirited Away
9 ) Fruits Basket
8 ) Azumanga Daioh
7 ) Turn-A Gundam
6 ) Laputa: Castle in the Sky
5 ) Grave of the Fireflies.
4 ) Zeta Gundam
3 ) Kiki's Delivery Service
2 ) Escaflowne
1 ) Princess Mononoke

Fear my varied list of variedness. Actually that's BS when 5/10 are Ghibli movies. 3 of the remaining 5 involve big robot thingies... and the other two are kind of about japanese school life. Whoops!
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #5
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
  1. Trigun
  2. Cowboy Bebop
  3. Serial Experiments Lain
  4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  5. Boogiepop Phantom
  6. Gungrave
  7. Azumanga Daioh
  8. GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka/Hale+Guu
  9. Hellsing
  10. Fushigi No Umi no Nadia

That's it for now. I don't know if these titles have something in common or not. Probably they all share something, or at least some of them have similarities.

I'd like to have some other anime in this list, like some Studio Ghibli movie or some older stuff, or other series I like a lot but couldn't watch from first to last episode. For example I love One Piece, but the series is still going and I haven't watched more than 1/3 of it till now. Hmmm... to be honest, I like the manga more in this case. But you got the point. In top tens you always have to leave something out of the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiko

6. Magic Knight Rayearth
I wanted to keep my mouth shut, but couldn't resist: I dislike this series very much. I hate it. I hope you don't mind if I say I'm sorry you have it in your list
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
I'd like to have some other anime in this list, like some Studio Ghibli movie or some older stuff
I was going to put a special pick for a classic series called "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics" which aired in Japan in '89 and '92 in the States. I was so happy to find out the UK put the first volume on DVD which I had to import. I used to watch this show way when I was a kid in '92 on Nickelodeon channel and after searching for it for a long time, I'm glad to watch it again and relive those memories.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 04:43 AM   #7
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
01. Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing
03. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Rurouni Kenshin
06. Trigun
07. Samurai Champloo (Only because I haven't seen all of it.)
08. Gungrave

Would Teen Titans and the new Batman series count as well?

I would put Inuyasha on that list, but it hasn't gained my approval as I still find it overrated.

I know when I first came here I had a big list of animes I saw. (It was big, but not quite the size I seen from everyone else.) This year I haven't seen too many animes, or they weren't good enough to be on my list. We'll see if Naruto's good enough to make it to that list. ^_^
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM   #8
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
My Top 30

1.Bleach
2.Cowboy Bebop
3.Rurouni Kenshin
4.Berserk
5.Gungrave
6.Naruto
7.Monster
8.Get Backers
9.Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
10.Yakitake Japan

11.Full Metal Alchemist
12.Speed Grapher
13.Excel Saga
14.Full Metal Panic!
15.Outlaw Star
16.Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
17.Trigun
18.Rahxephon
19.Trinity Blood
20.Abenobashi
21.Samurai Deeper Kyo
22.Gundam Wing
23.Scryed
24.Escaflowne
25.Samurai Champloo
26.School Rumble
27.Basilisk
28.Neon Genesis Evangelion
29.Mai - Hime
30.X

~Will

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #9
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
  1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  2. Cowboy Bebop
  3. Trigun
  4. Witch Hunter Robin
  5. Slayers
  6. Perfect Blue
  7. Excel Saga
  8. Angel Sanctuary
  9. FLCL
  10. Serial Experiments Lain

It's not strictly listed in order of importance. I also had some doubts regarding some animes. There is a couple more I like as much as these

Last edited by Hylas; Sep 8th, 2005 at 08:28 AM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #10
Urahara Kisuke

Urahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished roadUrahara Kisuke is on a distinguished road
1. Bleach
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Excel Saga / Puni Puni Poemy
5. Hellsing
6. FLCL
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Outlaw Star
9. Mai-HIME
10. DearS

Not 100% on the order, but these are some of my favorites.

Urahara Kisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #11
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp
01. Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing
03. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Rurouni Kenshin
06. Trigun
07. Samurai Champloo (Only because I haven't seen all of it.)
08. Gungrave

Would Teen Titans and the new Batman series count as well?

I would put Inuyasha on that list, but it hasn't gained my approval as I still find it overrated.

I know when I first came here I had a big list of animes I saw. (It was big, but not quite the size I seen from everyone else.) This year I haven't seen too many animes, or they weren't good enough to be on my list. We'll see if Naruto's good enough to make it to that list. ^_^
Thought it was time for me to upgrade seeing that some came off and some were added on..... and I'm bored... ^^

01. Hellsing
02. Ghost in the Shell: SAC
03. Cowboy Bebop
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Vandread
06. Samurai Champloo
07. RahXephon
08. IGPX
09. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Bleach (manga)

It use to be my top 2 that's always changing... now it's top 3.
IGPX turned out to be very interesting....

If you're wondering why I have Bleach on my list and haven't included Naruto.... It's because Naruto took a detour atleast IMO.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #12
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
The best anime I've ever had the pleasure of seeing is Monster. There are still a few episodes left of the series though. It has one of my favourite stories ever, probably behind the Metal Gear Solid storyline.

Although I enjoy the manga moreso, Naruto and Bleach are two favourites of mine. My second favourite anime behind Monster would have to be Full Metal Alchemist. I really enjoyed Samurai Champloo. Scrapped Princess is another favourite of mine, made by the same studio that did FMA. Can't forget Gunslinger Girl either, very good anime. So I guess my list would be along the lines of..

1. Monster
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3a. Naruto
3b. Bleach
4. Scrapped Princess
5. Samurai Champloo
6. Gunslinger Girl

Some other series I've seen and liked, but never really totally crazy over them, would have to be Get Backers, Yakitate Japan, Bobobo, Juubei-Chan, FLCL..

As for manwha [or manwa, I think], Korean graphic novels, Priest is by-far my favourite. The series contains has an excellent blend of badass violence and a great storyline based around religion. I really recommend the series, the artwork is really different as well.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #13
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Thought it was time for me to upgrade seeing that some came off and some were added on..... and I'm bored... ^^

01. Hellsing
02. Ghost in the Shell: SAC
03. Cowboy Bebop
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Vandread
06. Samurai Champloo
07. RahXephon
08. IGPX
09. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Bleach (manga)

It use to be my top 2 that's always changing... now it's top 3.
IGPX turned out to be very interesting....

If you're wondering why I have Bleach on my list and haven't included Naruto.... It's because Naruto took a detour atleast IMO.
Bored again.....

Even though I've said that I don't like FMA because of some incidents with earlier episodes, I still kept up with them and it turned out to be better than I thought.

Animes

01. Ghost in the Shell: SAC (This will probably always be my #1 favorite)
02. Cowboy Bebop
03. Hellsing
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Trigun
06. Full Metal Alchemist
07. Rurouni Kenshin
08. Samurai Champloo
09. Vandread
10. Rahxephon

Neon Genesis Evangelion would've probably made the list if it weren't for some of your main cast of characters pissing me off. *coughs* Shinji and Asuka..... I know, I know... they're teenagers and the things they go through should be expected..... but for some reason it pisses me off even more. I took IGPX off because I've only seen like 7-8 episodes of it, so I'm waiting for them to put that back on.... (hopefully they will)

Mangas

01. Bleach (should've seen it coming)
02. Rurouni Kenshin
03. Tenjou Tenge

I didn't add Naruto mainly because I'm tired of it. Naruto himself is far too annoying for me to continue reading it. Tenjou Tenge is an interesting one because I'm into the fighting type anime / mangas. I'm reading the uncut version. I could imagine what's been edited and whatnot. In all honesty though, the nudity and sex isn't really needed at all because the fighting makes up for the lack of a storyline.

That's about it for now. A couple of animes I want to ask about. Scrapped Princess, Jubei-Chan and Samurai 7. What are they about and are they any good?
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #14
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
That's about it for now. A couple of animes I want to ask about. Scrapped Princess, Jubei-Chan and Samurai 7. What are they about and are they any good?
Scrapped Princess is made by Bones, the same company that did FMA. I highly recommend it [actually, I think I mentioned it as one of my favourite anime earlier in this thread..]. The show is about a girl named Pacifica who was born a princess, but a prophecy said that the day she turned 16, she would destroy the world. So as a baby she was thrown off the side of a cliff but survived, and is trying to run away with her brother and sister [well, the family that adopted her and accepted her when they found her]. Its a very good story and the characters are presented well. The show is about 24 episodes I think.

Jubei-Chan is a silly anime of sorts. I don't really remember the story all that well as I've seen it years ago, but it was something along the lines that some samurai warrior was warring with some other guy, and before he died he put his soul or something into an eyepatch. Called the Lovely Eyepatch, which is the shape of a heart. The samurai master dude had his servant-type-guy wait many years to find the one worthy to wear the eyepatch. Enter Jubei, a young high-school girl who lives with her crazy father that is an author. Whenever Jubei reluctantly puts on the eyepatch, she becomes an uber samurai warrior. There is a ton of funny scenes throughout the show. 13 episodes long I believe, there is a second season but I've never seen it.

I don't really know anything about Samurai 7 as I've never seen it, but heard that it is a good show. I watched Samurai Champloo instead as they both started around the same time..
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #15
Phenom

Quote:
Scrapped Princess is made by Bones, the same company that did FMA. I highly recommend it [actually, I think I mentioned it as one of my favourite anime earlier in this thread.
Yes you did. Which made me ask what was it about and such. Speaking of which. While all that sounds good and all, is there any action? (don't mean to brush any of that off to the side like that, but action is very important to me. I'm an action freak ^^.) What kind of action? (Not that it's important, I just want to know. ^^) Seeing that you said that this was done by the same company, I'd be expecting some type of good action coming from it as well because I like most if not all the fights in FMA.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #16
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Samurai X Trust & Betrayal
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Great Teacher Onizuka
5. Excel Saga
6. FLCL
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Trigun
9. Elfen Lied
10. Hellsing

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #17
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
Yes you did. Which made me ask what was it about and such. Speaking of which. While all that sounds good and all, is there any action? (don't mean to brush any of that off to the side like that, but action is very important to me. I'm an action freak ^^.) What kind of action? (Not that it's important, I just want to know. ^^) Seeing that you said that this was done by the same company, I'd be expecting some type of good action coming from it as well because I like most if not all the fights in FMA.
Yeah, there's action. Pacifica's brother is sort of like a swordsman and her sister uses magic. And there's some 'bigger' fights later in the series, but I don't really want to spoil anything.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 01:42 AM   #18
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Bored again.....

Even though I've said that I don't like FMA because of some incidents with earlier episodes, I still kept up with them and it turned out to be better than I thought.

Animes

01. Ghost in the Shell: SAC (This will probably always be my #1 favorite)
02. Cowboy Bebop
03. Hellsing
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. Trigun
06. Full Metal Alchemist
07. Rurouni Kenshin
08. Samurai Champloo
09. Vandread
10. Rahxephon

Neon Genesis Evangelion would've probably made the list if it weren't for some of your main cast of characters pissing me off. *coughs* Shinji and Asuka..... I know, I know... they're teenagers and the things they go through should be expected..... but for some reason it pisses me off even more. I took IGPX off because I've only seen like 7-8 episodes of it, so I'm waiting for them to put that back on.... (hopefully they will)

Mangas

01. Bleach (should've seen it coming)
02. Rurouni Kenshin
03. Tenjou Tenge

I didn't add Naruto mainly because I'm tired of it. Naruto himself is far too annoying for me to continue reading it. Tenjou Tenge is an interesting one because I'm into the fighting type anime / mangas. I'm reading the uncut version. I could imagine what's been edited and whatnot. In all honesty though, the nudity and sex isn't really needed at all because the fighting makes up for the lack of a storyline.

Update. It's been 5 about months, and my list has changed once again.

01. Ghost in the Shell: SAC
02. Cowboy Bebop
03. Hellsing
04. Yu Yu Hakusho
05. IGPX
06. Big O
07. Fullmetal Alchemist
08. Samurai Champloo
09. Samurai 7
10. Trigun / Rurouni Kenshin

Depending on if I like the action in Bleach (sept 9 is pretty much right around the corner) it may be able to know GitS to number #2.
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #19
Phenom

Oi, my list has changed quite a bit. Although, the 1st four are still the same so I'll start with 5 and work my way through.

5 - Dragon Ball Z (Going back to my roots lol)
6 - IGPX
7 - Trigun
8 - Samurai Champloo
9 - Rurouni Kenshin
10 - Trinity Blood

Manga

1- Bleach
2- Naruto
3- Tenjho Tenge
4- Rurouni Kenshin
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:12 AM   #20
Phenom

Wow, it's been a whole year since that last post. And since then my list has changed quite a bit.

1- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - (no surprise here lol) I've said it once before in some other thread (I think) that I think this is the best anime all around. Or rather, I've not seen any anime that has impressed me enough to de-throne this from the number 1 spot. Everything about this series is nearly perfect. I'm not one that normally cares about politics, but at the very least, this series made it all very interesting. All the characters are likable. The animation is prettiful. I normally compare all the anime people say have "great" or "superb" animation to this, and then I become really disappointed in that anime. (Perhaps I should stop that lol) The music and dubbed voices are great too. Although I don't know any songs by name, they do sound make it alot easier to tune people out.

2 - Cowboy Bebop - When I was a member at this other message board, I heard alot of talk about Cowboy Bebop. And I decided to check it out when it was on Adult Swim. The bad thing was, the 1st episode I caught was the very last episode. But the good thing is I was hooked from that episode and needed to see it from the beginning. Like GitS, all the characters are great. Each bring a different trait to the table. I like all the episodes that involves Vicious because those are the ones that're normally action packed.

3 - Black Lagoon - My fix for a Cowboy Bebop replacement lol. The only episode(s) that I don't really care much for (so far) is the one with the twins. Other than that I really like this series. The use of profanity is pretty amusing. The animation is prettiful, but then again, I don't expect anything less from Madhouse.

4 - Samurai Champloo - Now, I don't care for animes that're pure comedy, but if the comedy is in there with the action then I'll watch it. This is probably the funniest anime I've seen so far. Trigun has it's funny moments, but Samurai Champloo is just crazy when it comes to being funny. Mugen alone is my comic relief. That episode with the female ninja and then that baseball episode had me in tears because I was laughing too hard. The animation is nicely done too, although there are times when I question it because some of the characters look really ugly. (It's nothing major)

5 - Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit - While it's not GitS: SAC, it definately has that feel to it. The dialogue/conversations can be really long, but the way it's presented makes it interesting. The dub sounds just as good as GitS, although, I would've preferred that Balsa be voiced by the same person that did the voice of The Major. But who they have for Balsa sounds really good. The visuals are gorgeous. From the water to overlooking the towns from a birds eye view, that was some pretty stuff. The action.... I'm at a loss of words when it comes to the fighting. (I've only seen two fights btw.) The fighting is that good. Moribito has the potential to de-throne GitS: SAC from the #1 spot.

6 - Rurouni Kenshin/Trust and Betrayal(Samurai X) Explanation later.

7 - Scrapped Princess - While I'm feeling neglected that there's very little action in it, and when there are fights to break out they're pretty short, but well executed. I just wish some of the fights were a little more drawn out. Can't help it, I like watching great fights no matter how long they last. And it's gotta have nice visuals... None of that inconsistent crap that shonen/tournament titles put me through. Speaking of visuals, Scrapped Princess looks pretty good. It sort of reminds me of the animation clips that're in Tales of the Abyss. But the main draw for Scrapped Princess has been the characters. I've yet to complain about any of the characters so far, and I hope that continues. Shannon, Raquel and Chris are my favorites at the moment, though.

8 -
9 -
10 -

Manga
--------
Basilisk
One Piece
Black Lagoon
Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note

I no longer like anything dealing with Naruto lol. While I thought manga was pretty decent when I first started with it (I just stopped watching the anime when the fillers started on CN), with the events that's been going on during this time skip just been extremely stupid and not making much sense. Characters not fighting the way they usually do. Jounin can't think for nothing. A lot of characters in the series yet the creator feels to focus so much time on 1-2 characters that I don't care for. Lots of characters, yet I only like 2 of the characters in the series... [/rant]

I was truly impressed with reading Basilisk, and it made me regret not continuing to watch the anime version. I guess it was because it was a little slow. Also, I'm not into the romance (which was real strong in here) and I felt like they were throwing it in my face for the first 4 episodes, I think.... Hopefully it'll come back on tv, or I just might buy the dvds to this one.

One Piece is something else. I originally started out hating One Piece. Luffy was quite the annoying one. (Shinji, Naruto and Shippo takes the cake though) I tried watching a couple of episodes here and there, but couldn't do it because I was not (still not really) into to pirates theme. (I only like Pirates of the Caribbean) One Piece blows Naruto out the water by a long shot. Majority of the characters are likable. It's actually funny. And while the friendship theme has been done to death, and I'm sick of it in everything, but it's presented very well here. The only thing(s) that really kills One Piece is the artwork which has been changing up quite a bit. The main characters look more human-like now instead of looking really slim and whatnot, and then the everlasting flashbacks. After reading so much of Bleach and Naruto, I've grown sick of flashbacks to the point to where I just don't read flashbacks anymore. But for flashbacks to last 5-8 chapters, that's just dragging things entirely too much. With that said, I still enjoy reading One Piece. With Funimation taking over for One Piece, I just might buy the anime now. I'm don't have high expectations for much, so it's all good. (Not reading fanboy/girl-ish comments so I can go in with no expectations set high. Unlike Bleach and Naruto )

Black Lagoon is just awesome. Both anime and manga.

Before this get any longer I'm gonna stop now lol.