Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #1
pjb2006

pjb2006 is on a distinguished road
movie recomendations

I like good anime. The only anime movie I have is Akira. Give me some anime MOVIE recomendations, i dont like series that much cause they're too long and involved. I only like animes that take themselves a little serious (Cowboy Bebop). I dont like animes where the characters are goofy, make stupid jokes, and talk about retarded stuff like teamwork all the time (Dragon Ball). Please dont tell me any animes that have really deep story lines and the characters spend all their time talking ( I like lots of action in my animes).

Also, dont recommend any movies that are too gory and demonic like Hellsing cause my parents probably wont let me get them anyway. Thx fur yur help.
pjb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #2
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Umm the only ones I can really recommend are these

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (Should see the series first)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Should also see the series)
Ninja Scroll
Escaflowne: The Movie

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:47 AM   #3
XXAVIERR
Stick Figure Theatre

XXAVIERR is on a distinguished road
From your description of what you are looking for and what to stay away from, you basically ruled out every anime worth watching.

"Also, dont recommend any movies that are too gory and demonic"......this would rule out "Ninja Scroll" wouldn't it SSS?

Conformity is a weak minded man's way of thinking.
XXAVIERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:12 AM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by XXAVIERR

"Also, dont recommend any movies that are too gory and demonic"......this would rule out "Ninja Scroll" wouldn't it SSS?
Very true...Ninja Scroll is an extremely mature anime and probably not the best recommendation.

My recommendations are:

Perfect Blue: Psychological thriller...not very action orientated, but a good suspense film.

Jin-Roh: I've never seen this, but I heard it's pretty good and it's directed by the same guy who did Akira. I can't give you a description, but you might want to check it out.

Metropolis: Again, I've never seen this, but it's a pretty dramatic film of androids/robots and humans living together. It's better to ask someone else on here for description (same goes for the above).

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust: Truthfully, this film isn't my favorite (I love the original film), but many seem to enjoy this one because of graphics and the action. It's not very gory (at least that's how I remembered it), but it's a good film with good animation and nice fight scenes.

Other films not so action-orientated but very good (IMO):

Millenium Actress: I don't know when this film will be released, but I believe it's in November. A very dramatic film based on a life of an actress whose onscreen roles relate to her real life. Absolutely fantastic and made by the same team who did Perfect Blue.

Spirited Away: You might consider this film too "kiddish" since the overall theme of the story relate to life, growth/maturity, etc., but it's a wonderful film if you want to try it out. This film won an Academy Award for "Best Animated Film" (2003).

Gah...I'm trying hard to remember every anime movie I know but my brain is pretty much fried right now. I hope I helped a little though.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #5
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Amritage the III Poly Matrix - Excellent movie. Considered a classic by many. The first movie is great, plenty of action, nice story line, and not too bad with gore and what not. There is a little bit of nudity, but it's done in a reletivly tasteful way. Also, don't get the socnd, it sucks. And it'd suck even more without the first.

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust is a great movie. I saw it once and i have to buy it. The graphics are amazing, and the story kicks ass. A bit of gore here and there, but nothing serious.

Cowboy Bebop, again, i mention along with everybody else, simply because it's such a great movie, and considering the fact that it is pretty much one long episode, it doesn't matter all that much if you've seen the series or not.

Princess Mononoke, or Mononoke Himn, great movie. It's very good, with lots of action and a great plot. The characters and animation is very well done. Don't be folled by the name, it's not as girlish as it may sound.

Ghost in the Shell has always seemed to be a must for every anime fan. It is however, very mature, with nudity and language, but everything is done in a tasteful manner, and the animation, story, and everything about it is award winning material. IMO I'd also liek to add, that the creators of Jin Roh and Akira also had work with this film as well.

Gundam Wing Endless walz, like SSSnake said, is a great movie as well, but it is recommended that you see the series first. I bought the movie before eevr seeing the series, and i thought it was pretty good, so it's not a requirement.

Macross Plus. It's four episodes, but i consider it a movie, and a damn good one at that. The charatcers are very realistic, and the mechs kick ass. The story is easy to follow, but very enjoyable, and the violence is pretty much all mecha, and no graphic blood at all. A bit of nudity, but they are nothing more than brief holograms of some chick singing, so it's nothing very bad.

X the movie is pretty good, but it also has a lot of graphic gore, and a full frontal scene at the begining. But with all the awards it got, i had to mention it.

Well, that's all i'm going to bother with. It's pretty hard to come up with good action anime that don't have all the badness mixed in with it all.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 08:18 PM   #6
pjb2006

pjb2006 is on a distinguished road
i've heard alot of good things about Cowboy Bebop: The Movie so im gonna get that. Ive also seen Vampire Hunter D at the store so i might get that too. I like mech movies so I might check out Macross Plus too. Thx
pjb2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:23 AM   #7
Ludacris

Ludacris is on a distinguished road
Sorry for asking this in an old topic, and sorry for asking this in someone elses topic, I'm trying to get use to the things around here.

Ok, outside of the animes that were already named are there any others that you recommend? I'm an hardcore action fan. DBZ/Kenshin/Gundam/Trigun/Cowboy Bebop. Are the ones I usually watch, but I'm more into things like Rurouni Kenshin(swords) to be more precise.

I already have Ninja Scroll so you can cancel that.
Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote