Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:44 PM   #61
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
All I know is that the game was suppose to come on the 20th, but because of some shipping error, its coming out on the 24th of June, even 25th at some places. I checked BestBuy, MicroPlay, EB and everywhere they are getting on the 24th.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:16 PM   #62
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Hi,

after reading your posts I just decided to contact our nice Pr contact at Eidos, asking if there has been any delay in the launch of the game, maybe because of HP's launch. He confirmed there hasn't been any delay at all.

Quote:
No delay at all. TR was out in stores this weekend and we didn't pull it back one minute due to the release of Harry Potter. People that preordered the game also had their orders filled on time.

DC
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:10 PM   #63
MakgSnake

Then I guess, whereever I called had that shipment. Lets hope atleast my BestBuy got it. Cause I really wanna buy this game. But just wondering if I should wait for some solid reviews before I spend $69.99 after tax (Canadian) on it.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:01 PM   #64
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
i just opened my copy today (bought it on friday morning)

First Impressions:

The graphics are an outstanding improvement from previous TR's..Lara looks great. I am currently trying to work my way thru the previous 5 TR's before i try to beat Angel of Darkness...but i couldn't resist, i had to open the new game and try it out.

here's some info:

*the game is on DVD
*384kb of memory card space.
*you can save anywhere it looks like

The controls are diffrent, you can hit walk and instead of holding your finger on the button, you just need to press it once for a sort of cruise control feature. Then hit it again to change back into regular mode. Lara's movement is controlled diffrently as well. You press the left analog stick in the direction she is facing to move, which took me a few minutes to get use to. I am accustomed to her old movement configuration.

It's almost feels like a whole diffrent game, but there's still some old school TR in there mixed up with some new features.

oh and there's a TR: Cradle of Life trailer i haven't seen before on the game that can be accessed at the title menu. There's also a small making of TR: Angel of Darkness featurette.

Lara has to collect money and valubles it looks like. Which is pretty cool. The first thing i found was a stack of cash.

Digimortal
- i think i'm just going to start up on AOD

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #65
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman

IGN has an ad saying its already out in stores, so even they are all tripped up... I havent played anything other than Everquest the past two months so im outta the loop either way...
Evercrack !1!!

https://www.camaro.dnsalias.com:8008/...crack_pipe.jpg

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:28 AM   #66
MakgSnake

Gamespot gave it a 6.5 Ouch. Thats harsh, and also makes me mad as Eidos took the time to make it all GOOD but didn't succeed. But still I guess hardcore fans would buy it. Not sure if I should get it or not.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #67
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
When a person loves a game series enough they will buy it often sight unseen. Same for music and movies, we will watch or hear something because of who is in it or playing it. Yeah Dig, after i finished XenoSaga ive been out somewhat on console playing. Im not doing much in EQ, either, but its fun for a while to drop in and see whats happening. My power has been down at my house so im using a neighbors or my parents pc, should be working again soon so i should be posting a bit more, hope Digi and everybody who loves the series enjoys the game! Lets all get ready for T3 verrrry sooon!!! Im starting a nine day vacation on Friday...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #68
Infernal Mass
pariah

This game is excellent, Gamepot doesn't know shit.

Check this out:

Tomb Raider 2, probably the most memorable of the entire series with the exception of the first game recieved a 5.7 from gamespot when it was released.

truth is if your not a TR fan be it hardcore or casual..then your not going to be able to appreciate this game. So don't bother with it.

It's a brand new adventure in the Tomb Raider saga. Unlike anything Core has presented it's fans.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jun 27th, 2003 at 10:46 AM..
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #69
MakgSnake

IGN as well thrashed the game pretty badly. Damn, the game isn't even getting a good reader score, which is mostly higher the editor's score.

IGN gave it a 5.3, damn. I was soooo gonna buy this game, but now.....I guess I'll rent it.....or not even that. I am gonna rent HULK after watching the movie twice.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #70
Infernal Mass
pariah

The Hulk blows ass.

TR games have never gotten high scores.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Jun 25th, 2003 at 09:58 AM..
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #71
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Dont you guys get it why TR AOD has got crap scores, every HATES eidos God damnit, when they promised it in october or Novmeber every got ready, then no, they delayed, delayed, delayed, then people, mag reviewrs, everyone, starts thinking, hey this is a joke, which it is, thanks you IGN and Gamespot for killing this game, Eidos deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game might bee good, but its all Eidos fualt, maybe they need more experinces.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 11:57 AM   #72
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal

The Hulk blows ass.

TR games have never gotten high scores.
Oh thats a good reason you are giving me not to RENT the HULK game. I just might take that in notice.

As for TR games, I have really old mags, that has given Tomb Raider 1 and 2 really high scores, even TR 3 got good reviews, but because being a little too boring, it was shattered. TR 2 even has gotten many awards of excellence. As you being a HUGE fan, I am not surprised that you are defending this game, but the game actually sucks, I just played it at friend's house. Damn it almost gave me 3D sickness.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #73
Infernal Mass
pariah

i don't have to defend the game..because i don't give a shit what you think.

digimortal
- your favorite person
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #74
MakgSnake

Quote:

i don't have to defend the game..because i don't give a shit what you think.

digimortal
- your favorite person to spit at
Oh yeah, you seriously DO NOT give a shit digi. I totally agree with you. Thats why you keep replying back.

Last edited by MakgSnake; Jun 27th, 2003 at 10:58 AM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #75
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

As for TR games, I have really old mags, that has given Tomb Raider 1 and 2 really high scores, even TR 3 got good reviews, but because being a little too boring, it was shattered. TR 2 even has gotten many awards of excellence. As you being a HUGE fan, I am not surprised that you are defending this game, but the game actually sucks, I just played it at friend's house. Damn it almost gave me 3D sickness.
I actually thought TR 1 and 2 were really good and are definite classics. TR 3 was okay, but then TR 4 and 5 didn't hold my interest as much. I know that everything improved in the later games, but by then, the stories have started to get a little boring, IMO...and this is coming from me and I was a major, die-hard fan, no joke. So, that's why I was hoping the new PS2 game would be a great new start to the franchise...but I'm majorly disappointed now.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #76
Infernal Mass
pariah

i use to think part 3 was lame too..i'm currently making my way thru that one right now.

Lara learns the sprint, and duck and crawl move, along with the monkey swing. Which is cool in TR 3.

..now what i don't like is the save mechanics. Why did core design go from save anywhere to save crystals?... i think they did it to add challange to the game..that's the only reason i can think of why they did that.

Oh and the flares last half as long as on TR2..but you get like 2 extra flares per pick up which is cool. So i'm only out about 30 seconds of flare action.

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #77
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
wow, i was gone for acouple of days, and what do i see tomb raider getting a bunch of negative reviews. im now second guessing my self if i should get it or not. i know i said before im getting it despite of the review but wow im extremely disappointed with the reviews its getting. i'll rent it first and decide if its a keeper or not.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 09:29 PM   #78
Infernal Mass
pariah

Thumbs up

that's the best thing to do Vic, alot better than taking someone elses word for it.

.. like some idiot that posts here. who can't decide anything for themself, and need people to tell them what is good and what isn't..whose username starts wih Makg...and ends in Snake..

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #79
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:

that's the best thing to do Vic, alot better than taking someone elses word for it.

.. like some idiot that posts here. who can't decide anything for themself, and need people to tell them what is good and what isn't..whose username starts wih Makg...and ends in Snake..
Hey, c'mon now...we all have our own opinions and ways of doing things, so there's no reason to call anyone an idiot for that.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 04:39 AM   #80
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:

Have some respect for others, and calm down. Thankfully, there are persons interested in others' opinion, and I can assure you that I receive many and many e-mail of persons thanking us for the reviews we write.

I really don't know how a person can get so harsh in a discussion like this.

Quote:
...now what i don't like is the save mechanics. Why did core design go from save anywhere to save crystals?... i think they did it to add challange to the game..that's the only reason i can think of why they did that.
It's also done to reduce the size of savegames.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote