Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #1
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Probably already a known info. But i haven't seen it here yet and i just found out about it myself. But here it comes, a new Tomb Raider.

Quote:
Tomb Raider: Underworld will be released around December 2008, and will be available on 6 different platforms: PC, Xbox360, PS2, PS3, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.
Quote:
.STORY
The storyline of Tomb Raider: Underworld is based on the legends of the old Maya's. During 5 dangerous days, at the end of the Meso-Americans calendar year, the gates of the underworld open and release all kinds of evil ghosts and horrible creatues. Even a flood of tragedies and disasters on earth.

.CHARACTERS
Lara will enjoy the return of Zip and Allister and probably Winston will be back roaming the manor too. Rumor has it that the plot is partially based on the Mayan Calendar, and its beliefs about the ending of the great cycle of time (Mayan Calendar time line ended 2012).

.ENEMIES
Mostly non human forms and some strange creatures will be haunting Lara's beloved tombs and Play magazine declared our beloved Lara will have to fight something she never encountered before.

.GAMEPLAY
The environment, weather, objects and mechanisms will all interact with Lara. A rich environment, abundant in plants and vegetation. Lara can destroy or use and interact with many parts of her new domain(like wooden sticks as levers). The weather will vary from torrential rain to blazing sunshine. Dirt will also transform into mud in which Lara's footsteps are visible before disappearing under the driving rain. Ledges and terrain will also become slippery when wet.

The implemented Crystal Dynamic's graphic engine, set of shaders and maps, will provide an unprecedented level of realism to immerse yourself in. Lara's movements are have been designed on a motion capture basis and will look stunningly realistic and fluid.

Play magazine also declared the demo level appeared huge and it's easy to get lost in. Debris and killed foes carcasses will stay on the spot and they will be helpful features for gamer orientation.

Combat mode can be used to push the enemies at the shooting range. Ingame this aptitude will be of growing importance. Another interesting feature is the fact that Lara can now aim and shoot in two directions simultaneously. She can also grab a ledge with one hand and shoot an enemy with the other.

Game length can vary according to the player. Each player can find his/her own way of playing the adventure, either exploring thoroughly, using weapons and the materials of his/her choice, or going straight ahead and shooting for goal.

Puzzles are not only a way to progress from one area to another, but also an upgrading opportunity within a level. Different parts are interlocked with one another and specific mechanisms will help solving the global puzzle.

.LARA CROFT
Lots of work implementation has been made on the character design. Even if she looks similar to the Legend model, she is totally nextgen, a blend of artistic and technologic features. Consisting of up to ten layers to reflect environment changes, rain, mud, water showers etc. she looks more realistic than ever before. She can change outfits during the game, and there will be bonus unlockable outfits too.

.INFORMATION

It's been declared that the music will be orchestral, but not as present as in TR7. Ambient sounds will be similar to that of Anniversary.
Screenshots

New Lara
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting this, tempted. Information in one place like this is really useful for lazy people like me.

I like the premise but I don't see how this relates to Legend and her mom? Maybe there'll be a connection somehow but I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing the environmental changes which would really help bring the levels alive since weather, especially in tropical areas, can change in a heartbeat. And I'm glad Zip and Allistar are back too.

As for the new Lara, I'm not too crazy about it. Why is CD trying to make her look like, well, Angelina Jolie? I realize she portrayed her in the films but game Lara looked a bit tougher...now she just looks like an anorexic supermodel (at least in the closeup).

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #3
Jast3r Rogu3

Jast3r Rogu3 is on a distinguished road
Well it looks pretty sweet, Lara looks better then ever.
Jast3r Rogu3 is offline   Reply With Quote