Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Closed Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:24 AM   #41
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Ice Cold is on a distinguished road
Good decision and happy gaming!!!

I'm just jeleous of all of Bill Gates money. Oh well

Semper Fi!
Old Jun 1st, 2002, 10:34 PM   #42
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

Location: In the depths of existance where the hot magma flows.
Lost_myth is on a distinguished road
Get Ps2 its so much better than those other consoles. Ps2 has best graphics and the best games (to me at least). Plus you can watch DVDs and listen to cds on PS2. It's a good deal too. Its the upgraded version of consoles. Also, you can play a game online or so I heard.
Going nowhere Going nowhere
Their tears R filling up their glasses
No Xpression No Xpression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrows

No 2morrow No 2morrow
& I find it kindof funny I find it kindof sad.
These dreams in which i'm dying, R the best I've ever had
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 02:00 PM   #43
Rohamgh

Rohamgh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Pimp_Daddy507
Halo on THPS3 are already online for Xbox????

But which systems will rule in 1 year, which will have the best games? thats what i need to know.........will ps2 still rule or will xbox take over?
in 1 year? ps2.

in 1.5-2 years? X to the Box baby

and yea, i saw your other post, i got there too late didn't i?

ahhahaha
the usurper, the throne-claimer,
the Lord of the Ring..."
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:27 PM   #44
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

Pimp_Daddy507 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rohamgh X to the Box baby
[/B]
Is this ur new catch phrase? pretty weak
Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:26 PM   #45
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
ps2= has grand theft auto 3 good game probably the best ever.

gamecube= nostalgia is forcing me to grab one just to see the updated versions of Mario, Link and ..dear god has anyone else seen Metroid Prime/ Resident Evils another plus.

xbox= BAH!..
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:15 AM   #46
Pimp_Daddy507
Banned

Pimp_Daddy507 is on a distinguished road
It seems everyone hates Xbox, why?
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:36 AM   #47
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Pimp_Daddy507
It seems everyone hates Xbox, why?
ditto i dont know why everybody hates xbox i like the system and i bought it yesterday and im not a fanboy i like all the systems.
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM   #48
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

it looks really stupid. To me it seems like a gameboy. Ack, a heart attack!

No 2morrow No 2morrow
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:55 PM   #49
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
hey dont diss gameboy they have games like pokemon man do not diss pokemon jk jk
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:06 PM   #50
Lost_myth
Every One Dies Alone

I was referring to pokemon. The only cool game is sonic!

No 2morrow No 2morrow
Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:08 PM   #51
iamalittlebum

sonic sucks ass i used to have it but i gave it away as soon as i tried it

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:31 PM   #52
GaseousSnake
Ancient Wisdom

GaseousSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_myth
it looks really stupid. To me it seems like a gameboy. Ack, a heart attack!
In case you havent noticed,the GB has a larger game library than the ps2

"Make ma feel it make me feel alive again"
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:18 AM   #53
xman2002

xman2002 is on a distinguished road
I know that this post is going to make a lot of people angry but here is my 2 cents on PS2 & Xbox:

The Playstation is easily the weakest of the big 3 consoles out right now. If you already have one, then that's fine and dandy, but If you are looking to buy a new console then you ought to buy the best one for the bucks, which is easily the Xbox.

Why? The Playstation requires a $30 adapter (multitap) to play more than 2 players. What a Friggin' rip off. Sony says that they left it off to save the consumers money........What a crock of crap! Every major console since 1992 has had 4 controller ports built in, except for........you guessed it the PS1. Are those cheap bastards trying to say that for the initial $300 ( original price), that they couldn't throw in ports that would cost them a net price of $1.50.

I envision the staff meeting when they were dreaming up the PS2 and I could just hear the head honcho saying "What's the most we can charge the customers and the very least we could give them?". Honestly, the video card is only 8 friggin' megs! Hell, the Dreamcast even had a 16 meg video card. How many of you avid P.C. gamers out there are still using an 8 meg video card? NONE! You know why, no decent games can run on just an 8 meg video card ( not including games like Pac-man and Astroids, Joust, etc.) The processor is less than 250 Mhz. Wow a whole 55Mhz faster than the Dreamcast. The Xbox has a 733Mhz in contrast. The PS2 has a whopping 24 megs of memory. What another friggin' joke (Xbox has 64, by the way). And what the hell is with the supposidly DVD player. There are literally dozens of DVD's that don't work on the PS2. There are actually web sites dedicated to posting the DVD's that aren't compatible with the PS2. The Xbox, however, plays EVERY DVD (of course).

I know that some crack-heads are gonna plea that it is almost 2 years old, but my point is that even when it came out, the PS2 was not all that and in some regards it is weaker than the $49 Dreamcast (2 controller ports, no modem, 8 meg video card).

About the games.......Of course the PS2 has more, thanks to having over a year head start. And yes they have exclusives, but NOT NEARLY as many as the Xbox is getting. The Xbox already has 85 games out and will have over 200 out by the years end. That is more than enough to keep even the most avid gamer too damn busy to have a life.

Let's talk about the quality. Every Xbox game that is also out on the PS2 HAS ALWAYS gotten better reviews than the PS2 version. This is a fact not an opinion. Why? Because the PS2 version not only has worse graphics, but also has slowdown due to terrible framerates and very long load times. Not to mention the Xbox games almost always has bonus features and levels. Need proof, check out reviews for: Tony Hawks 3, Spider-Man, Artic Thunder, SSX Tricky, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Silent Hill 2, Blood Omen 2, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Now to the yahoos that say there aren't any great games out or coming to the Xbox. Check this VERY SMALL SAMPLE of the quality Xbox console exclusives:

Unreal Championship
Blinx
Halo 2
Mechassault
Dino Crisis 3
Shemnue 2
ToeJam & Earl 3
Nfl Fever 2002 & 2003
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Outlaw Golf
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Brute Force
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball
Munch's Oddysee (Abes Oddworld sequal)
Quantum Redshift
Sega Gt 2002
Doom 3
Rallysport Challenge
MotoGP
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb
Midtown Madness 3
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
B.C.
Project Ego
Super Man: The Man of Steel
Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
Jet Set Radio Future
Project Gotham Racing
Sega World Series Baseball
Hunter the Reckoning
House of the Dead 3
Steel Battalion
Risk
Breed
The Unseen

The list goes on! These are just some of the XBOX EXCLUSIVES. The Xbox already has most of the good games that are out on the PS2 with the exception of Gran Tarismo and Final Fantasy and the Xbox is already been hailed as a Racing fans dream console. That worn out GT doesn't look nearly as good as several Xbox racers already out. So that only really leaves Final Fantasy and GTA as the major exclusives we don't have. We either have are we are getting PS2 titles like:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Silent Hill 2 & 3
Crash Bandicoot ( Once hailed as PS2's mascot)
Red Faction 2
Time Splitters 2
Soul Calibur 2
Duke Nukem Forever
State Of Emergency
Turok Evolution
Onimusha 1 & 2
HitMan 2
Devil May Cry 2
Dues Ex 2
Need 4 Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Thief 3

This list goes on too, but I think that you see that there is NO SHORTAGE on great games that are on the Xbox. The point being that if you are going to buy a new console, why waste money on a watered down, no hard-drive,no modem, no 4 controller port, console when you can have far and away the most powerful console on the planet in the Xbox. Heck, you can even link up to 4 Xbox's together and have a killer at home Lan party with up to 15 buddies. Believe me, several people (including myself ), do this and it is a unpresidented blast that you simply CAN'T DO on any other console. Also, if you just have to have the PS2 controller, then you can simply buy the $12 adaptor that lets you use your original Playstation controller on the Xbox. So no more excuses. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an Xbox
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:22 AM   #54
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
We all know the Xbox is a good system. You don't need to come off like a salesman.
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:22 AM   #55
GaseousSnake
Ancient Wisdom

He does have a point you know.But I must say,OUTLAW GOLF is also coming to GC

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:56 AM   #56
Mercury Shadow
Calculating Infinity

Mercury Shadow is on a distinguished road
Hot Shots Golf 3 (ps2 exclusive) is an excellent golf game. Even though I haven't played outlaw, HSG3 is probably on the same level.

I'm Nobody's Weasel
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #57
Indrid Cold
Banned

Indrid Cold is on a distinguished road
I dont know...

I'll stick with Xbox 4ever (Forever)
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 02:28 PM   #58
GaseousSnake
Ancient Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Hot Shots Golf 3 (ps2 exclusive) is an excellent golf game. Even though I haven't played outlaw, HSG3 is probably on the same level.
Outlaw golf is the first ADULTS ONLY game.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:49 PM   #59
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by xman2002
About the games.......Of course the PS2 has more, thanks to having over a year head start. And yes they have exclusives, but NOT NEARLY as many as the Xbox is getting. The Xbox already has 85 games out and will have over 200 out by the years end. That is more than enough to keep even the most avid gamer too damn busy to have a life.

Let's talk about the quality. Every Xbox game that is also out on the PS2 HAS ALWAYS gotten better reviews than the PS2 version. This is a fact not an opinion. Why? Because the PS2 version not only has worse graphics, but also has slowdown due to terrible framerates and very long load times. Not to mention the Xbox games almost always has bonus features and levels. Need proof, check out reviews for: Tony Hawks 3, Spider-Man, Artic Thunder, SSX Tricky, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Silent Hill 2, Blood Omen 2, etc, etc. The list goes on.
These are all personal opinions, and YOU CAN'T really compare reviews made from different sources, different journalists and so on.

In certain cases yes, the Xbox version was better, but simply because the game was developed with the Xbox as the development system. The architecture of a Ps2 works in a opposite way than the one of an Xbox, and there is no need to explain what happens when a game is developed simultanEously for two completely different systems. And it's true that Xbox has more power than the PS2, yet I still have to see the graphics of MGS2 - on my opinion the best graphic engine ever realized - on Microsoft's console. The screenshots currently available of Substance come all from the Ps2 version, but many sources seem to forget it. In other cases - like Silent Hill 2 - the game was better just because they added a sub-plot, not because the graphic engine was smoother or stuff like that.

Again, don't take too much seriously half points when it comes to reviews, especially when they are written by different persons.

And sorry to say that Xbox's line-up is good, but many of the exclusives you mentioned can be found on PC and that others - like Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Shenmue 2 - are not exclusives to the system.

A last thing: unfortunately a Dual Shock 2 controller is designed to work finely on a Ps2 system, and not on an Xbox with an adapter. Adding to that, Xbox games are not tuned to work with a Dual Shock 2. I assure you, playing certain Xbox games with a Dual Shock 2 it's a pain.

Thanks for the information you provided and for a few good points in your post, but you seem more like someone hired by Microsoft than a simple gamer. Stay calm, and don't post too redundant phrases. There is no need, also considering that many here have more than a gaming console and that flaming is no longer tollerated, in any form. We all know that Xbox, GameCube and Ps2 can all be good systems if they fit their owner's needs.
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:54 PM   #60
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by xman2002
I envision the staff meeting when they were dreaming up the PS2 and I could just hear the head honcho saying "What's the most we can charge the customers and the very least we could give them?". Honestly, the video card is only 8 friggin' megs! Hell, the Dreamcast even had a 16 meg video card. How many of you avid P.C. gamers out there are still using an 8 meg video card? NONE! You know why, no decent games can run on just an 8 meg video card ( not including games like Pac-man and Astroids, Joust, etc.) The processor is less than 250 Mhz. Wow a whole 55Mhz faster than the Dreamcast. The Xbox has a 733Mhz in contrast. The PS2 has a whopping 24 megs of memory. What another friggin' joke (Xbox has 64, by the way). And what the hell is with the supposidly DVD player. There are literally dozens of DVD's that don't work on the PS2. There are actually web sites dedicated to posting the DVD's that aren't compatible with the PS2. The Xbox, however, plays EVERY DVD (of course).
This is flaming... and sincerely you really don't seem to understand how the Ps2 works... just read the articles on the system at Arstechnica.com

And first of all, the Xbox CPU is a simple Pentium III at 733 MHz, while the Ps2 has a 128bit RISC processor at 300 MHz... man those are really difficult to compare. You know it's not simply 700 > 300 = Xbox > Ps2 ... oh well...
Closed Thread