Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Oct 5th, 2004, 06:17 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Cobra Unit: Lets Talk.

What do you guys think of all these charaters revealed. The Cobra Unit:
1.) The Boss
2.) The Fear
3.) The Fury
4.) The Pain
5.) The Sorrow
6.) The End

I think it sounds simply amazing and all, but I wonder why Kojima revealed the characters, he didn't do that with MGS2.?. Then why with this. May be there are more characters then these yet to be revealed on the day of its release.

Even others are shown. Volgin, Eva, Sokolov, Major Tom, And the Paramedic (I dont know her real name, I think she will tell Snake her real name later in the game or something).

But what do you people think of all this.
I really like the sound of it. I just hope there are more surprises in the game.
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 06:47 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
That ParaMedic is a real cutie. I think she and Snake/Big Boss would be cute together, but nah, he goes off with
Spoiler: show
Eva

Anyway, I do like the names Kojima came up with, all starting with "The" which makes each character sound very formidable. And perhaps each of these codenames represent something or an element inside the MGS3 storyline, who knows? Moving on:

1) The Boss: Err...I think what I reveal might be a lot of spoilers since I got the demo and the OPM magazine reveals stuff too. So, I'll just hide it spoiler tags and if anyone wants to read it, they can.
The Boss, apparently, will betray Snake and break his arm for reasons I don't know why. But, OPM says she may not betray Snake, it could be a fake plot by Kojima. Well, regardless, she has that real "cool-under-pressure" exterior and she looks quite badass too. She's tough, IMO and it wouldn't surprise me if she is a traitor. She's almost like Master Miller.

2) The Fear: Well, he reminds me slightly of Vamp...except a little more like, as Vic said, a Spider-man villain. He seems kinda deranged, I wouldn't wanna mess with him (gee, that's why he's called "The Fear" -_-;;; ). I don't know what more to say.

3) The Fury: I don't know exactly what to say about this guy...except the Spacesuit he's wearing is a bit odd. I mean, he kinda reminds me of The Ninja except with a helmet and Psycho Mantis, without the gas mask. Maybe he's called "The Fury" because of what he's wearing...as in, wearing this spacesuit-like outfit bottles up all his emotions or maybe he was a subject of experiments and now he has "rage and fury" within him?

4) The Pain: He looks like a rather big fellow but I don't know why he has this name. He looks like a regular guard soldier, but obviously he's not this. And what's with those hornets/bees around him? Maybe he's good with torture...

5) The Sorrow: Now, this guy I like. I love his name and he looks very badass. The tears of blood add a nice touch. I think he could be called "The Sorrow" for things he's seen or things he's done or things that has happened to him. Either way, maybe his true story is very sad (like Psycho Mantis ) Either that, or he's just really deranged, like The Fear, and really heartless and it's ironic his name would be called "The Sorrow".

6) The End: I'm so looking forward to fighting this old guy, it's not even funny. I betcha he's really skilled despite the parrot on his shoulder. As I mentioned in the other thread, I think he may be blind and his parrot is used for his sight. Like, the parrot says where the targets are that he's supposed to shoot. That'd be cool. The old ones are not the ones to underestimate. Though, I'd be really disappointed if he just turns out to be completely easy to beat. -_-;;;

Oh and Colonel Volgin is apparently
the guy who cut out Big Boss' eye and who beats up Big Boss...ugh, I hate him already, lol

Sokolov, I can't help, but he reminds me of Otacon, since he's the "wimpy scientist" involved with the Metal Gear project.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #3
bigboss

bigboss is on a distinguished road
yeah I reckon that maybe kojima will change the names of the people near the release date and give them actual names rather than codenames. It was kind of quere about how The End is dead until he is needed and as you said: if he is blind and his parrot is his eyes then I reckon the plan is to shoot the parrot so he cannot see you and then he tries to bet you by hearing your footsteps so you have to run behind a tree and then throw a magazine somewhere on the floor to divert him. Just a theory
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote