Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Creativity Forum

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:18 PM   #1
PerfectD1184

PerfectD1184 is on a distinguished road
Shadow Reaver: The Dark Legacy

Well, I've posted this at every forum that has a Fan Fiction section, so I'm posting it here as well. Enjoy, it's my first original series. I currently have 42 chapters of it, and I'll post them as I transfer them from paper to the PC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the legacy begins anew....

Shadow Reaver

ch 1: "Enter the Shadow Reaver"

In the shadows, she lurks, her face covered by a viel of darkness, never to bee seen. Patiently, she waits for her prey, Scanning the horizon, her eyes lock onto her prize, the ambassador of Homashiro. Preparing herself for the strike, she places her mask on, so that no one shall se her face, and unsheaths her blade. With a whisper, one could hear a voice, like that of the rustle of leaves, saying, "There, come to me...just a bit closer," and smiles as she shifts her weight from one leg to another. Then the moment came. Jumping from her branch, she, like that of a grasshopper, lept silently ontop of the cart, so as to not distract the guards from their 'duty'. but nontheless, one fo the guards saw her, and with a shout, the others prepared their guns for another life.

"heheh, some fun..." she laughs as she makes her way to the guards, two men and one woman. the guards, who were terrified by the mask she wore, opened fire, but to no avail. For with each shot, the assassin merely dodged, and with a single pass of her katana, two lives were at an end. The las guard, the girl, was speechless as to what just happened, dropped on her knees and begged for mercy. But something miraculous happened to her. the killer just said" Oh, stop your whining. i ain't gonna kill you unless ya try something on me. so get up and go home ya weakling.you're not my target, so go away!" , she replied, with an uncaring glare at the broken girl.

Making her way to the cart, she noticed something about it, but took no precautions. But just as her hand made its way to the door, something hit her. A body, the girl, out of the blue tackled her away from the door.After getting up, "Don't touch that! you'll be blown to pieces!" was all that was heard as she knocked her out using the blunt end of her sword...

In the solitude of her hideaway, the assassin relaxed and grabbed herself a bite to eat. As she ate, she noticed that the guard was finnaly awake, but could not move or speak, as she was tied up. She also noticed that she was quite uneasy, as she was constantly shifitng around, her gaze not on any particular thing. Trying to break the silence, she removed the strap over the guards mouth, and asked her " hey girl, you hungry". Merely knodding, the assassin tore a piece of her sandwich and hand fed it to the guard.

"Hey, i want to know somethin', why'd you save me back there? You'd have been better off with me dead." she asked ouy of curiosity. The guard, still gazing about the room, but with some chunks of food in her mouth, replied "Well. you spared me, so i returned the offer, no will you untie me? My muscles are cramped from sitting in this position!" "Hah, you think i'll let you out? you joking! but i would like to know your name?" This question surprized the girl as she stared at the assassin with questioning eyes. "My name? you wan't to know my name?" she asked, still surprized by the initial question. "YES YOU IDIOT! YOUR NAME!" the assassin yelled, still waiting for her answer. Startled by her outcry, the guard managed to mutter an answer,"M-M-Miru Takashino!" she managed to get out. Adding on to her answer came the question,"What's your name?" This surprised the assassin, as she looked at Miru, and nearly burst out in a fit of laughter.

"MY name?!? You want to know my name?!? HAHAHAH!!! That's a good one!" she shrieked, rolling around on the floor. Miru, shocked by her attitude, but nonetheless annoyed, yelled, "What's so funny!!" *sigh*"you really want to know my name? all right, i'll tell you. In the underworld, they call me the Shadow Reaver, but you can call me Mizuno." she said, with a big stupid grin on her face, waiting for the reaction. Starting to shake, Miru replied, studdering, " S-s-shadow-R-reaver? B-b-but y-you're dead. You died t-threea y-years ago."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well there you go please tell me what you think of it. and ill change it as time goes on. okay? oh and all of this is just the beginning. I expect this to go on for another thirty chapters.
PerfectD1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 05:37 AM   #2
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Interesting beginning for your story: there's the mysterious atmosphere, characters to be discovered, I'm sure there will be some action as well... Looks good and fun to read.

You have 42 chapters of it? Whoa!
I wonder if you're really going to transfer them from paper to your PC!

Good luck!
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:31 AM   #3
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Cool first part. Seems a mix of genres, but well done! I'd like to read the rest!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:37 PM   #4
PerfectD1184

Chapter 2

Walking into a new town, Miru goat curious as to what was going on and asked her friend "Hey, what are we doing again?" Never looking back, Mizuno replied in an irritated way, "You’re an airhead, aren't you? Look, I’ll says it for the last time. I’m an assassin and I’m doing what all assassins do: K-I-L-L-I-N-G. Got that?"Miru nodded, looking at the ground as the continued on their journey. But as the day got dark, the stopped at a local inn, but before Miru could say anything she got an answer from Mizuno. "Well, lets stop here to get some beauty sleep. Need to be rested up for the big day. With that, they went in and went to sleep.

The next day, the girls were up and sitting at the table, enjoying a bowl of miso soup. Picking up their chopsticks, they began to eat, only to be bothered by a question. "Hey who is the guy were after? Have any info on him?" Miru stated, slurping up some of the soup. Mizuno, also taking some soup into her mouth, replied, "not much, but this is what I have heard so far. The man is known as 'unknown', for the fact that no one has even seen him before in person. Heard he's been in some rather unfavorable trades, and seems like my client wants this to stop." Downing the soup in her mouth, she looks at Miru, seeing if she had anything else to say, but nothing came.

Continuing on their way to the site, Miru got curious again and asked a rather surprising question. "Hey, Mizuno? Why do you do this? You must have a reason for all of this." Hearing this, Mizuno turned around and with out locking eyes, coldly replied, "Never ask me that question. Ever. You hear that?". And once more turned around and they continued on theist trip, only this time a dreadful silence lurks between them.

In front of the building, Miru was going to say something to ease the deafening silence, but someone beat her to it. A sound emanated from the other side of the wall. Motioning to Miru not to move Mizuno made her way up the wall and into a tree, to get a better view of the place. To her surprise, there was only one guard. "Heheh...Piece of cake" she said as she chuckled, waiting for an opportunity to advance. That chance came sooner than expected the guard turned his head to yawn. Taking no time, Mizuno lessened the distance between them, and in one fluent motion, removed the weight from atop his shoulders. Motioning Miru to move, she began to search the guard, looking for a way in.

As she came over, she was going to ask, but her question was answered when Mizuno withdrew from the corpse a ring of keys. Opening the door, the stench of rotting wood came forth as the creaking door added to the dread of the darkened room. The only thing the two girls could see, was an ornate door, inscribed with runic symbols, and imprinted over them, was a two headed dragon, the heads being Asmodee, dragon of darkness, and Satan, dragon of evil. Opening the door, the girls only found more shadows on the other side. Taking a couple steps in, the door slowly closed shut; an eerie rumble reverberated on the hollowed walls. Frowning, Mizuno turned on her heel and headed toward the door. But what surprised her was that the door was locked.

Realizing what had happened she turned around and said, "Damn, a trap! We've been set up!". The room was set a blaze, as a fire swept across the room, but what frightened the girls, was that flames were black. Then in the midst of the inferno, a figure appeared. Cloaked by the shadows, the only feature that could be seen was his right eye, which was set ablaze by fire. Then from the figure, came a chilling voice like that of a demon, as it said, "Welcome, Shadow Reaver. I do hope you like my house, I choose the theme myself, and don't mind the scripture of my master on the door you just came through, you're about to see him in person. If you want to leave out of this offer, I can find a more permanent solution." With that, the battle began.
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:57 PM   #5
Jolie

Jolie is on a distinguished road
Your story is really cool, I liked these two parts you posted here!
Plus, I think the name "Miru" is adorable and I would like to know id it has some meaning or if you picked it for the way it sounds.

Keep it up, this is really good
Jolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #6
PerfectD1184

All of the names included in my story were thought up off the top of my head.

I like this smilie:
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 08:04 PM   #7
Jolie

Oh, you're very good at choosing names for your characters then, because I love them and now I'll probably remember to use the name Miru when I have to pick a name for chatting with messengers etc.
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:37 PM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Nice one, and I do think the name Miru is adorable too
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:15 AM   #9
Ruby Moon
The Cynical Clone

Ruby Moon is on a distinguished road
Good new part. You're getting closer to the characters. Can't wait to see what comes next. The ending of the second part makes you want to read more
Old Oct 14th, 2002, 06:21 PM   #10
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
I wanted to reply sooner, but I was waiting to see if you were going to post chapter 3

Anyway, I think your story is cool. It must be cool to work on it, 'cause the first thing this story made me think, is that you must be enjoying writing it. It's not a fanfiction, it's your creation, so that's pretty cool! I'm interested to see what comes next!

Keep on posting!
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:14 PM   #11
PerfectD1184

Okay, my next chapter is going to be late, as ive lost the Disc its saved on in a pile on my desk.
Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:36 PM   #12
Jolie

What a shame! Losing all your work!