Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #321
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
So I finally got my hands on Tales of Symphonia, and I'm about 11-13 hours into it. Like many other games, I don't pay attention to the story, but in this case, it's more like I read the dialogue, and listen to everything, but nothing sinks in.

The battle system is interesting, although, I hate the GCN controller. I really do prefer the ps2 and Xbox controller. They're more comfortable in my hands.

I've also decided to play Final Fantasy 7 again. This'll be my second time playing the game.

And now that I finally have my ps2 again, I can go after Dragon Quest 8, Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 2 (again, for a third time.)
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #322
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I just finished Kane and Lynch, but there appears to be multiple endings. I have found 2 so far, not sure if there are more. Not a very long game. Extremly valger, definitely not for the kiddies.

I also played some NHL close to 60 games done now on my season.

Now that I am nearing completion on all these games I again find myself stuck on what to start up next. I really have the urge to go back to Uncharted again. I loved that game. I really need to give assassins creed a chance, what that means is I need to give it 3 or 4 straight hours to really get whats going on and then decide if its worth getting to the end on.

DMC4 should be here in about a week so I think this weekend will be a Assassins Creed weekend, and DMC will take over once it gets here.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #323
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmoohead
I just finished Kane and Lynch, but there appears to be multiple endings. I have found 2 so far, not sure if there are more. Not a very long game. Extremly valger, definitely not for the kiddies.

I also played some NHL close to 60 games done now on my season.

Now that I am nearing completion on all these games I again find myself stuck on what to start up next. I really have the urge to go back to Uncharted again. I loved that game. I really need to give assassins creed a chance, what that means is I need to give it 3 or 4 straight hours to really get whats going on and then decide if its worth getting to the end on.

DMC4 should be here in about a week so I think this weekend will be a Assassins Creed weekend, and DMC will take over once it gets here.
Hey, JJ when you play DMC4 set aside half an hour once you put it in the PS3. Apparantly DMC4 completely copies itself to the hardrive. Like that option you get with other PS3 games to completely put them on the hardrive, but DMC4 forces the option I've heard and it takes about half an hour to complete. So watch some TV or something for it to complete.

Right now I'm playing three Wii games, I'm starting up No More Heroes again. Also playing Resident Evil 4 and Escape From Bug Island for the Wii as well.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #324
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
^I imagine that DMC4's install would be something similar to Ninja Gaiden Sigma's install. I hadn't heard that it was an absolute requirement to play the game or not, but it does help the load times a fair amount.

I'm currently playing Burnout Paradise. Easily one of the best games I've played in a long time, and the online play adds so much replayability. I've gotten 63 of the 80 cars in the game, a couple gates to smash, road rules and showtimes, and 90 more events to get my Burnout Elite license. I'm up to 36 hours so far and I could see myself playing for another 30 hours to finish up that stuff.

I'm also working my way through Folklore. I'm only about 3 hours in now but its looking to be pretty good. Very pretty at least, though I wish there were more cinematic cutscenes instead of those "comic book" style ones. They're neat, but become boring to watch after a while. The whole environment also seems quite a bit more limited to what I'm used to in RPG's, it almost feels more like an action game.

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam off and on. Great games, but repetitive enough that I can't sit there for hours and hours playing them.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #325
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
*PixelJunk Monsters*

Great little tower-defense PSN game I got last week, and while I've only had a chance to spend 2 to 3 hours with it so far - still sucked into midterms at the moment - it's a lot of fun, and the artwork/style it got going for it is pretty charming. Any game that involves dancing and upgrading towers at the same time deserves a special place in my book.

Other than that , I'm currently looking around for old textbooks to sell off so i can afford me some Devil May Cry 4...
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #326
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dude
^I imagine that DMC4's install would be something similar to Ninja Gaiden Sigma's install. I hadn't heard that it was an absolute requirement to play the game or not, but it does help the load times a fair amount.
In this case the Install of DMC4 onto the PS3 is required to play the game, the choice isn't optional. I've decided to get the PS3 version because my 360 is jank right now and don't really mind the install all that much. I just hope it doesn't become a trend for games on the PS3, because even with my 60 GB PS3 space can go down really quick if forced to install games everytime. From what I've seen though only a few in the past have done it (like Oblivion) and only Capcom thus far seems to be the ones doing it lately. Since Lost Plant for the PS3 will also be a required install as well.

Since I opened my PS3 up tonight I decided to give Uncharted: Drakes Fortune a try and it's awesome. The kind of game that makes you feel the highly expensive system you bought was worth it.

Last edited by Beretta55; Feb 9th, 2008 at 06:44 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #327
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
It is manditory to install, and although I cant personally confirm this, I believe the save files are seperate so you can delete the install and keep your saved games. Basically, its like gaming on PC. So for me it wont be a big deal since I do this sort of thing already on PC games. Install them, play them a while, delete it and install it again later if I feel like playing that game again.

I decided to give Time Crises 4 a second chance. This time on Arcade mode, really didnt like the FPS style. Ill let you know my thoughts as I get more into it.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #328
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Still playing Uncharted but I stalled that for today to play DMC4 and I'm on Mission 3. The game is simply awesome and a lot of fun.

Last edited by Beretta55; Feb 13th, 2008 at 04:40 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #329
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Finished playing The Darkness on hard for 360 last week. Now Im trying to finish up Bioshock for 360. I feel bad since I havent been playing my ps3 in a while. I think its feeling neglected so I might just play a game on it tomorrow.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #330
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I just finished Uncharted last night. Pretty solid game in that popcorn-movie type of way. I'd go back to find all the treasures/complete the medals, but I want to actually maximize the most out of my Gamefly membership this month.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #331
othello4444

othello4444 is on a distinguished road
I've been playing Call of Duty 3 for some while now, i kinda like that game very much, most of the time i get involved too much into that game.......
othello4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #332
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Pac-Man World 3.. it's so cool when you get to play it on a huge plasma tv.
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #333
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
I just beat Shadowhearts Covenant. Wonderful game, if your itching for a really good rpg for ps2, then this one is your choice. Im glad i finally played it, and highly recommend it now to you!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #334
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Currently playing "Professor Layton and the Curious Village." A brainteasers/puzzle game combined with a mystery plot makes this a must-play in my book - although some of the puzzles makes me want to shout things due to wording/translation issues and being bad at math. Also the "Triplets of Belleville" with a bit of anime ("Final Fantasy" and "Tommorow's Nadja") art style and accordian music is hopelessly alluring. It's very fun and addicting and recommended for those who like to work their brains a bit.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Feb 15th, 2008 at 10:03 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #335
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
*sigh* I've finished playing "Professor Layton" on Friday and now I'm in a void. The game is too addicting, too great, and it was over too fast (or maybe I'm just too smart...bwhahahahaha! j/k ) and now I have to wait probably till November or so for the sequel. Oh well, "Apollo Justice" is coming out soon so that should hold me over for a week or two.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #336
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

I'm still working through DMC4 (been a few days since I played it last actually) but I'm also playing Ghosthunter and Shadow of Rome, both for PS2. Both are awesome but Ghosthunter is extremely impressive the game is a lot of fun. I also plan to play Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition for the PS2 soon since I've always been a TM fan. It being made by the team behind TM1 and 2 is an even greater plus.
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #337
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Playing Zone Of Enders Second Runner for ps2. Outstanding game, Kojima goodness wrapped around a great sci-fi scenario. Ive had this game sitting on a shelf for over 4 years now, figured it was time to check er out and im glad i did. Have several quality ps2 titles im still looking to get into and i will mention each as i get into them!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #338
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Just finished playing Bioshock for 360, amazing game I must say. Fontaine wasnt hard to beat at the end of the game, I thought he would be a little more challenging but guess not. Now Im playing Call of Duty 4, trying to rank up online. Red and I play matches together sometimes, its cool.
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #339
SevenUp

SevenUp is on a distinguished road
I’m playing through Heavenly Sword which I received for Christmas this year, and I’m loving every bit of it.
SevenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:35 AM   #340
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Patapon for the PSP.

If you own a PSP, get this game. Its a terribly addicting and very unique game. If anything, give the demo a shot. Wow.

And still working through Folklore off and on. Really getting into it now, though.