Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:42 PM   #1
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
Roller Coaster!!!!

ok, so today i had a trip with my school to 6 flag's marine world, i was pissed scared since i had never been on a roller coaster before, i was forced by my friends to go in to this one ride called "V2" IT WAS THE MOST SCARING THING IN MY LIFE!!!! but then when the ride was over I went on it 5 more times!!

I cannot believe that i lived 14 years of my life and not ridden a roller coaster before

who here has been in a roller coaster, and what did you think about your first ride??
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #2
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
I remember the first time I was on a rollercoaster I was afraid it would fly off the tracks. Now I love going on rollercoasters, though I haven't been to my local theme park in a very long time
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 12:45 AM   #3
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
You havent Ridden a real coster untill youve been to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. I go there quite a bit being that im from Toledo Ohio, its just about 45 minutes away. Ive ridden every coaster there with the exception of thir newest, the Top Thrill Dragster. I plan on hitting that one VERY soon. Ive been to Kings Island and all that and let me tell you. THEY DO NOT COMPARE to Cedar Point. I suggest if you like costers to plan a trip to CP its WELL WORTH THE TRIP

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 09:15 AM   #4
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Who here hasn't heard of Paramount's Kings Dominion? I just found out recently that not everyone has heard of it.

ANyway, don't worry about it I think I have you beat. I don't think I had been on a roller coaster til I was about 15 I think. I wasn't too hyped up about going on one and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was one of those things that I don't think I could ever do again. I haven't been on one since, my fear is the heights. I was told my face was very pale when I got off by my mom.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #5
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
I have never been on a roller coaster untill last year, when I went to Balck pool pleasure beach. Went on every single ride, it was brill, now ive done qutie alot, alton and the the others.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 01:51 PM   #6
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Zephyr is on a distinguished road
Me too Dan. Did you evr go on the Playstation at the pleasure beach? That was mint. But I think Alton towers is the best place really if you want roller coasters in England, except of course the pepsi max. Why DID they ever call it that?
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #7
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr
But I think Alton towers is the best place really if you want roller coasters in England
we (my year at school) went for a day trip before our GCSEs, which means that I've been to all the big ones in this country (Air, Nemesis and Oblivion at AT, The Vampire at Chessington's and Collosus at Thorpe Park). Nemesis is still the best though, Oblivion and Collosus are pretty damned good as well (i love all roller-coasters though ^_^ ... and not just roller-coasters: Anything that spins you around and makes you McDonalds spill over the pavement... and then theres Professor Burp's Bubble Works!)

The only rides I don't like a Pirate Ships... Just don't feel safe to me... (and I don't get to any foreign Theme Parks. Hell, i've only been out of the Country for 4 days in my entire life )
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #8
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Quote:
The only rides I don't like a Pirate Ships... Just don't feel safe to me...
I dont quite agree with you there. To me, pirate ships are much safer than rollercoasters such as the Nemesis. They just swing a bit they dont fly this way, that way and the the other way in a couple of seconds. They have a kind of old-school feel to them as well. Pirate ships are really much safer than rollercoasters though in my opinion.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I dont quite agree with you there. To me, pirate ships are much safer than rollercoasters such as the Nemesis. They just swing a bit they dont fly this way, that way and the the other way in a couple of seconds. They have a kind of old-school feel to them as well. Pirate ships are really much safer than rollercoasters though in my opinion.
nah... its not so much the motion, but the configuration of the stuff thats keeping you in the ride. I'd take one of the shoulder lock thingys over a pissy-little bar any-day! Sitting on the back of a Pirate Ship makes me feel like I'm just going to pop over my seat and fall to my death when it gets pratically vertical
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #10
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
southern california is the land of roller coster/theme parks,we got knott'sberry farm, Universal Studios, Disney Land and the mother of them all Six flags Magic Mountain, been to all of them, ridden every rides/coaster, yep great moments.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #11
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I rode my first at Cedar Point when I was about 12 or 13. it was the Mantis, a stand up roller coaster.

Quote:
The only rides I don't like a Pirate Ships... Just don't feel safe to me...
I love those Pirate ship rides. It was the first cool ride i ever went on, i think I was like 7, maybe younger. I can see how it could bother people, i mean your only secured by that little bar and your free to slide right or left. But still, they wouldnt be in operation unless they were extremly safe.

Im sure all those coasters you guys listed are sweet, but i still urge you all to hit rides like, The Mantis, Mellenium Force, Power Tower, Raptor, Magnum, etc, at Cedar Point. They have the tallest and fastest coasters in the world and have been voted Best Coaster Park in the country like 5 years in a row. Man, youd think i was getting payed to advertise for them

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #12
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
First time in a rollercoaster? that was when i went to Wonderland here in Toronto...actually in Maple.
Its a cool theme park, the first time i went i went on about 60% of the rides excluding the kids park.
The first ride was TOPGUN. I had to go to the washroom BADLY when i was standing in line, you wouldnt believe that coaster. I went 4 times that day, i stopped when my leg almost hit the support...eh...i was too loose on the seatbelt too...that was a warning for myself.
Thing is, i always hated rollercoasters and those kinda rides...i really did, till i went on one and here i am..havent gone to the park since last last summer maybe?
Its worth everything, everyones first time is usually the one that changes your life.
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #13
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Well you probably havent been on the same pirate ship as me. The bar locks down like in a rollercoaster and it goes as high as it can go.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #14
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Vic Viper

southern california is the land of roller coster/theme parks,we got knott'sberry farm, Universal Studios, Disney Land and the mother of them all Six flags Magic Mountain, been to all of them, ridden every rides/coaster, yep great moments.

I know, I really want to go to disney land in Orlando, and universal studios, you lucky guy living near those great places!

Quote:
Me too Dan. Did you evr go on the Playstation at the pleasure beach?

Yer! "ice blast" That ride nearly give me a heart attck, first ride I have ever been on, I love the feeling when you float in your seat while blasting sky high! Wahoo im going agian this year.
Also the Vahallah is the best ride ever, I got front seat all on my own, have you ever been in the house of horror???????????
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:49 PM   #15
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

The house of horror was a bit weird when I last went in it a few years ago. Do they still have that tunnelt where it fells like youre turning upside down?
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #16
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

The house of horror was a bit weird when I last went in it a few years ago. Do they still have that tunnelt where it fells like youre turning upside down?
Im not to sure, just to make sure, I mean the horror house when you just enter the gates, the picture of the house is like a man in a white mask, with blood coming out of his mouth. It is run by spanish peeps.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #17
Zephyr
450BHP Psycopath

Cool, sounds like it got much better since I was there last. OK - have any of you been on ay really LAME rides or rollercoasters. How about we knock the twirlers off for a start because thats obvious.