Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:35 PM   #41
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Kojima should make a word scramble mini game

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:11 PM   #42
Zanku
Zen Attitude

Zanku is on a distinguished road
That is fantastic...and quite obviously not a coincidence, because they all happen to be lower case! Also in the big movie, snake has two eyes...although as said somewhere above...this could in fact be the mission he loses his eye! It cant be Solid Snake anyway...the ages wouldnt work out for MGS2 - i beleive Solid Snake was around 43 (is that right?) - which fits in perfectly with 1960...Maybe even this mission is when Big Boss dies and Solid Snake and Liquid Snake are cloned from him?

Edit : I was thinking (well just played the original), and i realised that MGS3 may be a re-make of the Original Nes game (or that Jungle section is a flash back of the Original Nes game?). Kojima said that the Jungle/Forrest setting will only last a part of the game, then you will have to infiltrate the base (this base could be Outer Heaven, like in the original).
If you have played the original, you will know that you get parachuted into the Jungle (like in the MGS3 trailer), and then in the Nes game you have to get through the Jungle, and infiltrate Outer Heaven. The only problem is, (that i cant understand), is that you play as Solid Snake...and when you use the Codec/Tranmission system, you are talking to Big Boss...(am i right there, i am sure you talk to Big Boss!) The rest of the Original consists of you finding Grey Fox, who has been captured, and to destroy the Metal Gear.

Off-Topic : Remember in MGS 1 you had to use the Nikita to destroy the electric control panel, so you could walk accross the electric floor? Well if you have played the Original, this exact section is in it, just thought i'd mention that, lol!

"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackel!" Grey Fox
Zanku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:08 AM   #43
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gamers .com: We're familiar with stealth as the key element in the Metal Gear games, but Metal Gear Solid 3 adds survival as a companion to that. How does wilderness survival gameplay work beyond simply having to hunt and eat, when he's confronted by the environment as well as his enemies?

Kojima: Probably two-thirds of the entire game takes place in the wilderness. Not only the jungle, but just general non-building areas. The thing is, the element of survival doesn't just involve filling your stomach. If it's cold, you have to fight the temperature, you have to fight the weather. There are enemies that aren't just enemy soldiers, too -- animals, snakes and the like attacking you. If you get sick, if you break a bone, you'll have to work around those problems as well.
Well that should certainly exclude any ideas that showing us footage of the wilderness seens are fake... But that means 1/3 of the game must take place inside buildings (I'm a math wizard ).

However I think mark0™ was on to something with the name of the game. Obviously the classified mech is a Metal Gear. And since Solid is in the title...you kind of figure you are going to control Solid Snake at least some part of the game.

As for it being Outer Heaven...it could be. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the year.

Spoiler: show

That is Big Boss you are talking too. He sent in Solid Snake because he was the newest member and he thought he would fail... That's my understanding of it.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #44
Infernal Mass
pariah

hey Makg,

you can go ahead and put a sticky on this thread . thanks buddy

adam
- peace. btw, i was just kidding about you having Solid Snake's nutsack in a sleeper-hold.

Old May 28th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #45
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Just a quick question

For all of you who want to know so much about snake's past. Have you ever played the original game for NES? I think that would be the best place to start than the next MGS. Just my opinion though.
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #46
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
If this is some story not based on the Original Metal Gear's, I hope they use the engines to remake the originals, I'm sure they would sell well, and I tried playing the original Metal Gear on ROM and I thought It sucked really, I couldnt stand the way you play it... I'd rather play it on a PS2.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #47
Zanku
Zen Attitude

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind
However I think mark0™ was on to something with the name of the game. Obviously the classified mech is a Metal Gear. And since Solid is in the title...you kind of figure you are going to control Solid Snake at least some part of the game.
They wouldnt change the name for that...they didnt called MGS2 Metal Gear Raiden...just because you played as Raiden for most of the game!! Companies dont change names like that...just not smart business.

Old May 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #48
Infernal Mass
pariah

exactly, The game is backtracking and covering time to give the audience more of a understanding of the whole metal gear saga from the origin of it all. Thus the game will still have the metal Gear title. The best way to grow an audience is to betray thier expectations. Kojima is doing it again.

You see at the end of MGS2 we all learned that the patriots have been around for awhile. It's possible that Big Boss not Snake was the first to oppose the patriots. The only way the Patriots could have eliminated Big Boss is by cloning him and sending a younger version of himself to eliminate him.(Solid Snake).
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #49
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zanku
They wouldnt change the name for that...they didnt called MGS2 Metal Gear Raiden...just because you played as Raiden for most of the game!! Companies dont change names like that...just not smart business
You still played some of the game as Solid Snake though. I mean it's Luigi's Mansion not Mario's Mansion (Bad example but you get the point). If you do not play as Snake at all...then it is sort of false advertising. And if the game does not push the story line from SOL forward then they should just call it Metal Gear: Snake Eater. Taking Solid out would just give away that you don't play as Snake. However, it would still sell well.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #50
Zanku
Zen Attitude

I guess you have a point there, you obviously play as Solid Snake somewhere along the lines in the new game...But i still think even if you didnt, that they wouldnt change the name. Metal Gear Solid is the name of the game...its hard to explain or give examples...

Old May 31st, 2003, 03:18 AM   #51
mark0™
Extinct.

Solid Snake and Metal Gear Are To Metal Gear Solid Like What Mario And Luigi Are To Super Mario Brothers!

So If you played a Super Mario Game and had neither Mario nor Luigi making ay apearance at all, would you take kindly to it. The name explains the product, Like the sub-heading Tactical Espionage Action, they didn't just stick that in there for the hell of it, it's there becuase thats what the game is!

So Snake has to be there, even as a Non-Playable Contact, at least I think so. But I'd really prefer to play as Big Boss through most of the game.

Panda Zanku come on MSN tonight bud.
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:32 AM   #52
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind
And if the game does not push the story line from SOL forward then they should just call it Metal Gear: Snake Eater. Taking Solid out would just give away that you don't play as Snake. However, it would still sell well.
perhaps he should, but remember that there has never been a "Metal Gear" game without Snake in it either, therefore suggesting that neither title is "Solid Snake Exclusive"
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:36 AM   #53
mark0™
Extinct.

Yeah, Solids was just probably added to sort of announce the series moving onto 3d graphics. And Metal Gear Solid sounds cooler than Metal Gear, much like how PSX sounds better than PS

But I doubt Snake will be absent 100% through the game though.
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:34 AM   #54
Zanku
Zen Attitude

I think that after Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake, thats when Solid Snake became the main guy to the public, hence the reason they probably changed the name to Metal Gear Solid. Solid Snake will definiately feature in the game though, and if thats Snake in the movies and pictures we have seen - atleast he has not got an MGS2 beard

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:22 AM   #55
Infernal Mass
pariah

in the first MGS he looked like moses during the briefing.

He'll most likely be in it. I saw two diffrent versions of the infared being used. One looked fairly older than the other. Watch the trailer to see what i mean. The older version of the infared shows up during the huge fire fight in the forest. Where Big Boss throws the smoke bomb, The newer version of the infared is used when Snake is shooting at enemies by a waterfall.

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:20 PM   #56
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

perhaps he should, but remember that there has never been a "Metal Gear" game without Snake in it either, therefore suggesting that neither title is "Solid Snake Exclusive"
Actually, the title "Metal Gear Solid" also came from the fact that the game marked the jump to fully polygonal graphics for the "Metal Gear" series. After all, we shouldn't forget that when the Psx was launched, Sony's campaign (especially in North America) stressed the fact the console could handle 3D graphics better than any other system on the market.

Edit: Mark0, you did edit your previous post, I don't remember it.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:52 AM   #57
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Geez, it seems I really need to play Metal Gear SOlid before I even think of touching the third game. I'm sure we wouldn't play as big boss through all of it because Snake is the main character and should continue to be. Well, I'll leave you guys to talk about it more so I can try and get the first game and beat it. I think I'd have more to say then.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:03 AM   #58
mark0™
Extinct.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry

Edit: Mark0, you did edit your previous post, I don't remember it.
You think I edited my post to copy what you said? Sorry, but I didn't, I wouldn't want to try and steal someones idea. Besides this is the first time I've read your post on this thread so unless I've got a time machine...

Just saying... I really don't know what you mean there
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:50 AM   #59
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Geez, it seems I really need to play Metal Gear SOlid before I even think of touching the third game. I'm sure we wouldn't play as big boss through all of it because Snake is the main character and should continue to be. Well, I'll leave you guys to talk about it more so I can try and get the first game and beat it. I think I'd have more to say then.
MGS2 has a thorough summary of the first game in it. Plus it has diffrent perspectives on the whole incident on shadow moses, which i thought was interesting. It's a great game though, you may be able to find it for like 10 bucks somewhere. Either that or just get twinsnakes for the cube.

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:20 AM   #60
Bogart
Private Eye

Bogart is on a distinguished road
I love so much the MGS storyline... but if there is a thing I can't understand is...

Spoiler: show
why on earth should Revolver Ocelot speak like Liquid just because he had his arm transplanted????????

Don't you think is a kinda stupid thing?

Speaking of Snake Eater: I'm sure Kojima will show us a sort of double adventure - imagine how'd be cool to see the two Snakes fighting the Patriots at the same time. And I have a final thought: on my opinion, for the series to be perfect, Kojima should have the courage to make Solid Snake die in this third episode: just think about it - Liquid in the first, Solidus in the second, Solid in the third. The tale would have some sort of heroic pattern in it in this way...

P.s. I also didn't read Mark0's post yesterday! Maybe some error in the time?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote