Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 02:45 AM   #1
Macceh^
Ne me mori facias

Macceh^ is on a distinguished road
Final Boss Theme

Was just flicking through my ff ost's and a couple of those memorable battle theme's hit me. Whats your fave one, the one that made you feel you had to continue just to see the demise of the final fiend.

To jog your memory lets takes a look at some.

FFVI - Dancing Mad. i personally loved this one perhaps it is my fave I dunno but it has sorta a gothic ring to it but at the same time it makes you feel like this is the end and you have to beat this.

FFVII - Sephiroth Orchestra I forget its real name but this was also a classic one for me, the way it just goes "SEPHIROTH!"

FFVIII - Hmm I actually cant remember ff8's sorry maybe you can :o

FFIX - Forgot its name but its also a good one, once it gets going that is and the tempo rises.

FFX - Otherworld. Not technically the last boss theme, but it's there when you fight Braska's final Aeon. I really got into this track it fuelled Tidus hatred for Jecht imo.

So in conclusion Dancing Mad would have to be my fave.
Macceh^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 05:55 AM   #2
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
(sorry ... I'll help you a little Macceh ^_^)
FFVII's is "One Winged Angel", with Latin lyrics that are just repeated a lot... but Very good ^_^

FFVIII has at least 3:
"The Legendary Beast" (Plays when Ultemica summons Greiver) - Starts like the Jaws theme or somthing ^_^ , develops intoa great Marching style thingy.
"Maybe I'm a lion" (Plays when Greiver is defeated, and Ultmetica junctions with him) - Starts a little slow, ends up as a sort of Rock song. A bit similar to the "Melody of Coruption" in FFIX...
"The Extreme" (Plays in the final time compression phase) - This one starts with a distorted Rendition of "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" (- Succesion of witches I believe), then develops into a fast paced "Witchy" version of the classic battle theme
(these are easily the best of the FFVIII OST, which is pretty mediocre otherwise)

FFIX has two in a way.
It has the Kuja fight's "Messenger of Destruction" (very similar to the "Melody of Corruption") which is an excellent Rock style battle theme.
And it also has the lengthy "Final Battle" (inspired title ^_^). Which is fast paced and pretty damned cool. Also i swear I can hear some of the "tormented souls" in the background puking up

---

Anyways ^_^ : My favorite is either "Messenger of Destruction" or.... Kumi Tanioka's "Awakening". Except theres a problem with the later, in that its on the FFXI OST, so I don't even know its a "Final Boss" theme. (and FFXI probably wouldn't get a final boss anyway :/)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:09 AM   #3
Eternal Life

Eternal Life is on a distinguished road
I remeber I liked "Dancing Mad" and FFVIII boss songs while playing, because of the variety of it. As for Sephy's boss theme, maybe it was that I didn't like very much the final battle, so I didn't mind the song as well.
Eternal Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:08 AM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I'm a bad palyer... I don't remember very well those themes. The only one I remember quite well is dancing mad, because I liked the title from the beginning. So, I'm sorry!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 10:38 AM   #5
Macceh^
Ne me mori facias

Macceh^ is on a distinguished road
Thanks Artist I was referring to "The Final Battle" one for ff9

EDIT:

Just went over to https://jukebox.ffimpulse.com/ and to my suprise FFVIII had been uploaded, so I had a listen to the FFVIII that I couldnt remember and "Maybe I'm a Lion" well I remember now how amazing it was. It actually resembles a lion in a way, may sound silly but give it a listen and that astounding beat that pumps over your speakers.

The Extreme is a nice mix of Liberi Fatali and whatever else its trying to mix with, it then blossoms into a rather mellow, sweet peice of music. Then finally into a fast paced in your afce boss theme.

I didn't like "The Lengendary Beast" it started off by showing some potential, as Artist put it "Jaws theme" then it degenerates into nothing to impress.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Quote:
(these are easily the best of the FFVIII OST, which is pretty mediocre otherwise)
Correct, aside the "Fishermans Horizon" theme, "Eyes on Me", "Liberi Fatali" and the ones mentioned above, there isnt really much that would make you purchase the official ost unlike the previous FF's and ff9 (FF9 and FF6 i purchased ) possibily Blue Fields would fit in there aswell but thats it
Macceh^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:44 PM   #6
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
FFX - Otherworld. Not technically the last boss theme, but it's there when you fight Braska's final Aeon. I really got into this track it fuelled Tidus hatred for Jecht imo.

Definitely one of my favorites songs from all Final Fantasy. Worthy of a final battle. Although the fight against Jecht was not the last battle, I actually consider it "The Final Battle" Just think about it, it's the hardest battle in the whole game (well, not so hard, just two hits with Anima and that's it ) but I mean, after that the battle agains Yu Yevon is plain crap, your characters won't die anyways and Yu Yevon sucks bad for final boss.

Well, BACK IN TOPIC

One Winged Angel has to be my favorite song of all times. I don't care ifit's repetitive, but it's just too nice. When I first had that battle I was so..... IMPACTED. And that was thanks to that song in great part. Just to think about it makes me feel sooooo

So cool.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote