Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Devil May Cry 4 unvailed !!

Quote:
- Nero will be the main character not Dante. (LAME )

-Nero has devilish right arm. He can draw enemies toward himself and then throw them. He starts to realise his powers in DMC4. DMC4 portraits Nero when he earns his powers and hereafter.

- They chose Nero because Dante was overused (3 games) & they wanted to put the new users and the old fans in the same starting line for DMC4.

- Nero looks like Dante because the silver hair and red coat is more like a symbol to the DMC series/

- "Dante is grim and he can't settle down. As story progresses the situation changes, how's that?" says Kobayashi meaning that Dante might be playable.

-They introduced the right arm draw-throw system because in DMC3 when you beat the enemies, combos brake. Besides expect the sword and weapons this system provides multiple choises and the fun expands, However depending on the enemy you can't draw and throw everyone of them.

- The combo system has as base the one from DMC3 & they are revising/reworking details according to the fans' comment-remarks.

-Nero's sword has a bar. The sword has somekind of a driving force in it. It's a new way/element to enjoy the sword handling.
-In TGS there will be real time footage.

all info are from famitsu mag
Nero pics

Dante pics

more pics

Nero sword Red Queen

im not really happy with this character change. to me its not the same game if Dante isnt the lead character.

Dante am Cry !!!!

Last edited by Vic Viper; Sep 6th, 2006 at 10:48 AM..
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

forgot to say, Nero is Nelo Angelo/Vergil from DMC1, this game take place after DMC1.

Last edited by Vic Viper; Sep 6th, 2006 at 11:13 AM..
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

the official site is now open.

oh, Nero might not be vergil.

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Hm...another game? Oh well why not, they made a fourth Onimusha, so I guess a fourth DMC isn't a surprise. I guess this is good news for DMC fans, especially if the storyline is still going strong/incomplete. Too bad I don't remember the story or anything from DMC and haven't played the rest so this whole Nelo/Vergil thing is getting me confused.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #5
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Hm...another game? Oh well why not, they made a fourth Onimusha, so I guess a fourth DMC isn't a surprise. I guess this is good news for DMC fans, especially if the storyline is still going strong/incomplete. Too bad I don't remember the story or anything from DMC and haven't played the rest so this whole Nelo/Vergil thing is getting me confused.
I think a DMC pack that contains DMC 1-3 is coming out in October for forty dollars, so that might be a good way to catch up with everything. I don't know if it's real or not since I remember it just popped up on Gamestops website for pre-release I'm sure Vic knows something about it though.

To me personally a new character to play as isn't a bad thing, I'd prefer a new character then another possible bad personality change like they did for Dante in DMC2 hell everything about that game was just a wrong turn for the series. But the thing is for me unless DMC4 somehow gets a 360 release as well which I doubt and know there is next to no hope for. But if this does not happen then I'll have to wait a couple of years for it. Until a couple of price-drops and games I want are out for it the thought won't even be in my mind about buying the system for this game. As much as I love DMC and it being one of my favorite series ever I wouldn't buy a console for it, I wouldn't do that for any game. So hopefully a 360 release is possible since I'll want this game so...damn...much.

Last edited by Beretta55; Sep 8th, 2006 at 03:02 AM..
Beretta55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
I think a DMC pack that contains DMC 1-3 is coming out in October for forty dollars, so that might be a good way to catch up with everything. I don't know if it's real or not since I remember it just popped up on Gamestops website for pre-release I'm sure Vic knows something about it though.
Hehe, the problem isn't that I don't have the games...I just haven't played them. I don't even think I finished DMC1...hm...yeah, I don't remember, it's been too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta55
So hopefully a 360 release is possible since I'll want this game so...damn...much.
Poor Beretta.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM   #7
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
This game looks gorgeous. Too bad I have no plans on getting a PS3 any time soon.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #8
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
March 19, 2007 - Nothing seems to go Sony's way these days. One of the PlayStation 3's bigger exclusives, Devil May Cry 4, is also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. To pour salt into Sony's wounds, Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

Having sold more than seven million units on PlayStation 2, the DMC series is ready to tackle the next-generation of consoles. DMC4 introduces a brand new protagonist, Nero, who uses the mysterious "Devil Bringer" arm to unleash "non-stop combos."

It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."

No release date has been set for Devil May Cry 4, though the console version are expected to arrive sometime this year.

I'm becoming more and more less surprised to sony exclusives going over to microsoft, but for it to be on the pc... That's kind of shocking, but I am happier now that I don't have to cough up $600 for the console plus the game. Now I just have to cough up $400 unless Xbox get a price cut.... /wishful thinking
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:01 AM   #9
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
This news is very much of a releif to me. This game along with MGS4 would make me buy the system with little thought even though I have massive reserves on the PS3 still, damn DMC4's vodoo power over me. I even bought the 5th anniversary collection for PS2 a week ago and I already own DMC1 and 3, obsessed? Yeah, probably.

Now with the next installment of this game and the next sequel for Ace Combat (doubt anyone here plays this series. ) coming to 360 saves me quite a bit of cash and a happier gamer. The PS3 will just have to wait until MGS4, that naughty dog game, Lair and a few others find there way out. A job is also needed.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #10
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

the Demo is out on PSN and Xbox Live.

cant wait, two more weeks.

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #11
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I want to get this demo, but I am on dialup I have to wait 2-3 weeks before I can get the demo and it will be out by then....sigh.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #12
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
you know its a devil may cry game when your hand starts to cramp

dial-up? oh man, didn't know it was that bad, lol... well if you're going to get the game anyway, then you're not missing much. Not to say that that's a bad thing - the game's fricking gorgeous to look at- but the game play is instantly familiar if you've played all the other DMC games. Of course, Nero's "Devil Bringer" abilities is great fun to use, and definitely makes boss battles a lot more interesting.

unfortunately, im not gonna have the monies to buy this when it comes out in the next few weeks. *sigh* such is the life of a poor college student

Last edited by DragonSphere; Jan 25th, 2008 at 12:39 AM..
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #13
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

i finally have the game and let me tell you its awesome, DMC fans wont be disappointed. its a mixed of DMC1 (Nero part) and DMC3 (Dante part) which is great.

on to the gameplay impression;

i know i complained the first time when this was announced that Nero will be the main character, but i was wrong, he is a great character a welcome addition to the series. Nero adds a new dept and gameplay to the series, and his devil bringer hand is the best addition to the game. His move-set maybe lacking compair to Dante, but the combination of his sword play with the devil bringer make for a great and satisfying gameplay.

Dante's gameplay on the other hand is for the most part the same moveset from the last game(DMC3). the improvement comes from on the fly style switching which really enhance his gameplay and combo possibilities even more. Also Dante gets all of the cool weapons in the game, imo best weapon sets in the series and i might add probably the coolest weapon ever, Pandora's Box . the only problem with his portion was you only get to control him for 7 missions, you cant play as Dante for the entire game . but dont worry you can play both Nero and Dante in the Bloody Palace mode.

so i highly recommend the game, trutst me, you wont be disappointed. we must support Capcom. they need money to make Dead Rising 2.

Last edited by Vic Viper; Feb 9th, 2008 at 06:46 PM..
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #14
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Yes lets hope this is the beginning of more quality ps3 titles, the fact that this is a system wide release shows how Capcom is needing to make sure everyone gets their hands on it. Im sure that is to everyone's enjoyment.
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #15
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

quick question for those that bought DMC4: did any of you buy the Collector's Edition? and if you did, was it worth it? I've only seen one episode of the anime, thought it was ok. But I don't know if those other "extras" are worth it.

I have about $10 in Best Buy Reward Zone certificates, plus a few coupons that I could use to bring it down to about ~$56. Otherwise, I can just buy the regular game for under 40 bucks.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #16
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

actually, scratch that last bit about the regular edition. the additional $10 off thing I had is only for games with a total value of $75 or more.

and by the way, is it just me or is there no way to edit Quick Reply posts?